The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you think

Default Tell me what you think

In a few weeks, elections will happen. Will we sweep out the old and replace it with the new?

What changes do you see, and how fast will they happen?

Do we spiral upwards?, or downwards?...and why?

Does a different team taking the field make a true difference?

Do party's really matter?

Who is really in control?

Pregunta's, por favor.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    In a few weeks, elections will happen. Will we sweep out the old and replace it with the new?

What changes do you see, and how fast will they happen?

Do we spiral upwards?, or downwards?...and why?

Does a different team taking the field make a true difference?

Do party's really matter?

Who is really in control?

Pregunta's, por favor.

JD
    Well as of now, I don't see the GOP winning control of either body. And if they do, it won't matter. They won't touch Social Security, Medicare, or back away from Empire. So our deficit will continue to skyrocket. They will try another round of stimulus by throwing more money to wall street and it won't work of course. Cause that ain't the problem.
    Look for two more years of the same stalemate in Washington no matter which party wins.
    If the Pubes do win control over the Senate or House, the fireworks will begin with investigations into anything and everything. If they can't find anything, they'll just make something up.
    The problem with Republicans is they never stop campaigning anymore. Once this election is over, they will start their strategy for 2012. Governing doesn't seem to be on their radar anymore. Hasn't since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Well as of now, I don't see the GOP winning control of either body...
    Then you haven't been paying attention.

The GOP will win the house handily, maybe even a 25 seat margin.

The GOP will have "at least" 49 seats in the senate and may even end up with the 51 seats to control.

As far as "change" goes, I expect it will happen at the usual snail's pace of everything in DC. However, no extremist liberal agenda will be seen for miles.

The donkeys will have been harnessed again.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Obama and congress will be forced to compromise on issues for the next 2 years, or O will be a two year lame duck.

unfortunately,I think we will see more gridlock

Now let me ask this ...what is more important . what side "wins" or who is in control
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I look for Obama, out of spite, to veto everything that comes out of a Republican led House, in order make it look as bad for 2012 as possible, whether he runs or not. "The GOP has been in charge for 2 years and things are worse..." Pelosi, as the new House Minority Leader, will still have her podium and a sympathetic media to rail against every proposal as "blitzkriegs on the poor, the hungry, the unemployed..."

I also expect more of an "imperial" Presidency with more EO's and appointments that circumvent the legislative/confirmations processes, that will produce even more confrontation and hostility between the branches.

I also believe that we'll see a reversal of the Demint policy in the Senate where the Dems will try to maximize the debate on any bill, in a "good for goose/gander" tactic.

As a result of the gridlock, I would predict a rise in the number of Independents running for office in 2012 as both the established parties prove ineffective over the next couple of years.

Basically, except for the last part, I expect the American People to continue to get the shaft for the next 2 years.
    Last edited by BrianW; 10-19-2010 at 08:46 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I look for Obama, out of spite, to veto everything that comes out of a Republican led House, in order make it look as bad for 2012 as possible, whether he runs or not. "The GOP has been in charge for 2 years and things are worse..."
    In other words, you think that Obama will take a page from the republican playbook.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Well as of now, I don't see the GOP winning control of either body. And if they do, it won't matter. They won't touch Social Security, Medicare, or back away from Empire. So our deficit will continue to skyrocket. They will try another round of stimulus by throwing more money to wall street and it won't work of course. Cause that ain't the problem.
    Look for two more years of the same stalemate in Washington no matter which party wins.
    If the Pubes do win control over the Senate or House, the fireworks will begin with investigations into anything and everything. If they can't find anything, they'll just make something up.
    The problem with Republicans is they never stop campaigning anymore. Once this election is over, they will start their strategy for 2012. Governing doesn't seem to be on their radar anymore. Hasn't since 2006.
    With apologies to Clint Eastwood and "Heartbreak Ridge"

Colonel Meyers: "Are you new to politics, DS?"

DS: "Yes Sir, just came over from supply"

Colonel Meyers: "Were you good at it?"

DS: "Yes Sir!"

Colonel Meyers" "Well then stick to it because you're a walking cluster ____ as a political know it all"
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

If the republicans take the house Pelosi will not be the minority leader.
    Healthcare reform will be defunded.
    Cap and Tax will be dead. It couldn't get thru senate when they had a super majority.
    Even if the dems hold the senate and Reid gets reelected he is out as Senate majority leader.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

The problem with Republicans is they never stop campaigning anymore.
    I think a better example of never stopping campaigning is your boy in the White House. He doesn't know how to do anything except campaign; and by that I mean someone winds him up, dresses him and plants him in front of teleprompters so he can spew a bunch of feel-good rah rah stuff someone else wrote. Take him off script and he can't even speak effectively; and he certainly doesn't know how to govern.