The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    In other words, you think that Obama will take a page from the republican playbook.
    Like the Reps have been able to stop anything in the last 6 years.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Like the Reps have been able to stop anything in the last 6 years.
    Yes, when they had the house, senate, the whitehouse, and the supreme court, they couldn't stop a thing.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

lefties like to use the phrase "party of no" as is it has some real meaning when describing the republican party. Is there an expectation that democrats will be the party of yes when presented with the opportunity to say yes to legislation authored by republicans?

both parties are the party of loyalty to party politics.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    lefties like to use the phrase "party of no" as is it has some real meaning when describing the republican party. Is there an expectation that democrats will be the party of yes when presented with the opportunity to say yes to legislation authored by republicans?

both parties are the party of loyalty to party politics.
    Not if that legislation is an effort to repeal what has already passed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I don't know about that. None of them are claiming responsibility for it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    the real party of no...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

[QUOTE=subroc;692456]Then you haven't been paying attention.

The GOP will win the house handily, maybe even a 25 seat margin.

The GOP will have "at least" 49 seats in the senate and may even end up with the 51 seats to control.

As far as "change" goes, I expect it will happen at the usual snail's pace of everything in DC. However, no extremist liberal agenda will be seen for miles.

The donkeys will have been harnessed again.[/QUOT

The Donkey's have been harnessed for over 25 years. Where have you been?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I think a better example of never stopping campaigning is your boy in the White House. He doesn't know how to do anything except campaign; and by that I mean someone winds him up, dresses him and plants him in front of teleprompters so he can spew a bunch of feel-good rah rah stuff someone else wrote. Take him off script and he can't even speak effectively; and he certainly doesn't know how to govern.
    Why do I not have issue with this? Oh, because it's true. Although, for a year and a half, the Dem's sort of kind of tried to get something done. The House was diligent, the President was asleep, and the Senate was .... well you can fill in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    In other words, you think that Obama will take a page from the republican playbook.
    Last time I checked, the Constitution doesn't grant veto power to Congress. That "playbook" doesn't apply to the Executive Branch.
    Also, for the last 2 years, the "D's" have outnumbered the "R's" in both houses. The "R's" had no power to block anything, especially due to use of reconciliation. If the progressive "D's" couldn't get the moderate "D's" to go along with their radical agenda, is that the "R's" fault? Or is it the fault(s) of the agenda itself? The only reason the "D's" wanted "R's" to sign on is so they could claim some kind of "bipartisanship" and wouldn't have to take the upcoming ass-whuppin all by themselves.

If the "D's" are so happy/proud of what has been accomplished, why are so many of them running on anti-Obama/Pelosi, etc campaigns?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    for a year and a half, the Dem's sort of kind of tried to get "something done". (quotation marks mine BW)
    I think you're seeing that the People would rather have Congress do NOTHING that the wrong thing.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791