The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flabbergasting!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    that quote belongs to Tea Party favorite Sharon Angle...I thought she was referring to my family, because one of my brother's does look hispanic, a couple of my siblings could pass for being chinese, Clint could pass for being Eskimo,people often mistake me for being vietnamese except I am tall for being american-asian...and of course we are all American of Filipino descent..

her comments were just another gaffe from someone ill suited for the job...unfortunately my choices are

Sharon Angle
    Harry Reid
    Neither candidate
    This choice should be on EVERY ballot in America:
    C. None of the Above

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That is the most lame-a$$ weasel maneuver I've ever come to expect out of the right, in an attempt to protect one of their select picks! Oh, she was asking for the actual text, not withstanding the meaning of the phrase! Let's redefine the founding fathers' intentions. And Jefferson made this PERFECTLY clear. No room for weasels here.

Look at the interview, and the question. And tell me you're going to stick to that argument. That is so lame, its pathetic! Yep, you guys fell for a real dimwit in ODonnell. Congratulations.
    nope. he is just asking you to substantiate your claim.

you cant do it, so you attack.

lock-step with the party line!

the "independent" party line that is... LOL!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    This choice should be on EVERY ballot in America:
    C. None of the Above
    ummmm dummy - it allready is. its called skipping a line.

about as hard to understand as trying to speak "austrian"/ "australian" eh?

you guys are cracking me up here!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    ummmm dummy - it allready is. its called skipping a line.

about as hard to understand as trying to speak "austrian"/ "australian" eh?

you guys are cracking me up here!
    As usual you fail to comprehend. I'll spell it out for you.

C. None of the Above

C gets a majority of the votes - nobody is elected... Start over. Not quite the same as skipping a line is it?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    nope. he is just asking you to substantiate your claim.

you cant do it, so you attack.

lock-step with the party line!

the "independent" party line that is... LOL!!!
    What claim? That she said that? Easily verifiable through any number of outlets.

If you want to know her motivations, it would be far easier for you or your sidekick to get into her head. You're much closer to her mental functioning that anyone else on this list.

You guys are endless entertainment. Lets hear it now, how the Constitution is all Bible-based and supports a church-state. I know its coming next. Give me 3:30 to pop some popcorn first.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    As usual you fail to comprehend. I'll spell it out for you.

C. None of the Above

C gets a majority of the votes - nobody is elected... Start over. Not quite the same as skipping a line is it?
    oh yeah, i failed to see that. my apologies.

starting over makes so much more sense. so we just go out and conjure up 2 new candidates. 2 new candidates with new funding, new mudslinging, etc.... wow, that sounds so simple......

tell me - does this fantasy land you live in have chicks with 4 boobs???

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The words came from President Thomas Jefferson's January 1, 1802 letter to the Danbury Baptists where he wrote:
    I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.(http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html)
    That interpretation, which is also reflected in correspondence among other principals at the time, has been upheld by the courts consistently. It was never intended as a rejection of religion. Rather it reflected the belief, common at the time, that religion was a personal matter and not the stuff of government. That there were variations in attitude among the state governments was itself one of the reasons why the states did not want the federal government involved.

Have you heard the latest? The "exact phrase" separation of church and state came from Hitler. So that makes Liberals Nazis.

GOP candidate: Hitler invented separation of church and state

By Muriel Kane
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 -- 9:52 pm

Christine O'Donnell isn't the only Delaware Tea Party candidate making waves.

The seat in the House of Representatives currently held by Republican Mike Castle -- who was defeated by O'Donnell in Tuesday's Senatorial primary -- is also up for grabs. The Republican primary for that office was won by Tea Partier Glen Urquhart, and it turns out that his political positions may be even more unique than O'Donnell's.

"Do you know, where does this phrase 'separation of church and state' come from?" Urquhart asked at a campaign event last April. "It was not in Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists. ... The exact phrase 'separation of Church and State' came out of Adolph Hitler’s mouth, that's where it comes from. So the next time your liberal friends talk about the separation of Church and State ask them why they’re Nazis."

"My jaw dropped when I heard it," rival candidate Kevin Wade told Delaware Online. "And he was emphatic about it -- it was not like a slip of the tongue. He got applause from half the crowd, and that disturbed me. I'd say half the room was stunned and the other half applauded."

According to Delaware Online, "Urquhart says the statement was taken out of context and that he did not explain his point very well. If he could do it over, he said, he would add more historical context and explain why he rejects Hitler's take on the relationship between government and the church."
    The video is really entertaining. Watch it and see if you think anything was taken out of context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kh4x...layer_embedded

Life must be really scary in that alternate reality.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-19-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

What claim? That she said that? Easily verifiable through any number of outlets.

If you want to know her motivations, it would be far easier for you or your sidekick to get into her head. You're much closer to her mental functioning that anyone else on this list.

You guys are endless entertainment. Lets hear it now, how the Constitution is all Bible-based and supports a church-state. I know its coming next. Give me 3:30 to pop some popcorn first.
    Who said or has said that the constitution supports a church state. Clearly it doesn't but another thing it doesn't say is there is supposed to be a separation between church and state. What it clearly says (and since the founders were supposed to be some of the smartest people of their time in America I'm pretty sure that they were able to form sentences and says exactly what they meant) Is that shall be no state religion established. Hence its called the establishment clause. It's not called the separation clause. Don't you think if you the founders wanted complete separation they would've taken down the religious symbols throughout the land. Instead that didn't start happening until "Progressives" came around.

And Jefferson made this PERFECTLY clear. No room for weasels here.
    Jefferson didn't write one word of the Constitution. Nor did he pen any of the Federalist Papers. Nor did he ever cast one vote on ratification of the Constitution. He was a very influential president whose opinions about religion and the Constitution, written in a letter a decade and a half after the Constitution, became the de facto interpretation. I wouldn't exactly argue that his interpretation was shared by a majority of the men who envisioned, wrote and ratified the Constitution. I also know, that despite the Left's tittering and snickering, you will indeed find no specific mention of separation of church and state in the United States Constitution.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

After hearing what she said, and hearing people rush to her defense and spin this, all I can say is:

GOD HELP US!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!