The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anita Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Glad I could make you laugh. That's what jokes are supposed to do.

Unlike your girl in the Delaware senate race, I was *trying* to be funny when people laughed!

I'm still laughing at big gibby's Clintonesque explanation of how he would have won a FT, and I don't think he was trying to be funny.
    Well, I think my dog has the talent to win a field trial and have been told that by some trialers that I have trained with.
    But it's unlikely he ever will as his handler is his handicap.

He will however someday become a MH!!
    But it will be all him and despite the handler.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Well, I think my dog has the talent to win a field trial and have been told that by some trialers that I have trained with.

stan b
    I have no doubt, and look forward to seeing a picture of him surrounded by his MH qualifying ribbons! (and I'm NOT implying that I'd need to see photos )

I just got a kick out of that long-winded squirm that reminded me of vaguely of what "is" is. But this was what if "if" is...or something funny. Not sure if was more Clinton or Biden-like?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

stan b
    Your dog isn't as owner handicaped as mine! At least he has an owner that will handle a dead duck unlike me.
    They get birds with Dad, but Dad hunts and doesn't play games.
    Mom plays games and trains but doesn't do dead ducks.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Your dog isn't as owner handicaped as mine! At least he has an owner that will handle a dead duck unlike me.
    They get birds with Dad, but Dad hunts and doesn't play games.
    Mom plays games and trains but doesn't do dead ducks.
    There are a lot of people who won't handle the birds without gloves. It's a simple solution. You can even where a pair of medical gloves underneath to eliminate any possibility of seepage.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    There are a lot of people who won't handle the birds without gloves. It's a simple solution. You can even where a pair of medical gloves underneath to eliminate any possibility of seepage.
    Nope! Not me! Getting rid of the cat's latest kill is about as far as I go with handling dead animals, and that's only so the dogs don't eat it.
    I have no issues with handling live birds. I'll stick to putting the ob and rally titles on the dogs.
    Don't even ask what happens around here when gun season opens for deer.
    I'm great at terminating them but I won't go near it after I shoot it. I don't want to see it again until it is wrapped for the freezer!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Glad I could make you laugh. That's what jokes are supposed to do.

Unlike your girl in the Delaware senate race, I was *trying* to be funny when people laughed!

I'm still laughing at big gibby's Clintonesque explanation of how he would have won a FT, and I don't think he was trying to be funny.

because, sir, you are too ignorant to understand the post.

why is that so hard to understand? a MH test is pass/fail, but in that realm lets say 10 of 30 dogs pass. lets say 9 of those 10 that passed had a handle, and all 10 had 3 whistles on every blind and were equally tight. also - line manners and handler issues were also all equal. then, wouldnt the dog with no handles have had the best run? SO - IF it had been a FT - please tell me who would have won??

now, lets go to the other extreme. lets say of the 10 that passed, 9 had a handle, and all 9 had 4-9 whistles on the blinds but were in good control so they pass. but dog 10 had 1-2 whistles, very tight. now, all 10 get a ribbon and a pass equally - but IF were judged as a FT who would have won?

and i admit that we went out in the 2nd series the week before so i am only bragging on the event, not that the dog is perfect.,

and why am i asking dave ferraro who has never even trained a dog much less run a test or trial? my bad........pond scum tends to drag the best of us down regards

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

and why am i asking dave ferraro who has never even trained a dog much less run a test or trial? my bad........pond scum tends to drag the best of us down regards
    David: that's a very cheap shot and you know it. I haven't run a registered FT in some 25+ yrs, but I have trained a few dogs since then,so what ..when people start dragging out their resumes or call someone out based on what EE says about them it makes them look petty among other adjectives...don't stoop to that level...there's always someone around the corner with more wins, more titles and more accomplishments than the next guy
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

why is that so hard to understand? a MH test is pass/fail, but in that realm lets say 10 of 30 dogs pass. lets say 9 of those 10 that passed had a handle, and all 10 had 3 whistles on every blind and were equally tight. also - line manners and handler issues were also all equal. then, wouldnt the dog with no handles have had the best run? SO - IF it had been a FT - please tell me who would have won??

now, lets go to the other extreme. lets say of the 10 that passed, 9 had a handle, and all 9 had 4-9 whistles on the blinds but were in good control so they pass. but dog 10 had 1-2 whistles, very tight. now, all 10 get a ribbon and a pass equally - but IF were judged as a FT who would have won?

and i admit that we went out in the 2nd series the week before so i am only bragging on the event, not that the dog is perfect.,

How did we get here, from Anita Hill? Oh never mind, it's just Gibson playing the dozens....I just never realized his momma was....well, ya know....
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Very nice. Its YOUR way or the Highway, huh? Some of us actually use our dogs for what they were intended.......HUNTING. Wow, what a bizarre concept, worthy of being ridiculed and called "pond scum"!

I would NEVER attack a fellow RTFer for what they choose to do or not do with their dogs. At this phase of my life and career, I have chosen to pull the extra calls, and work the longer schedules to build my career and IRA. I have the utmost respect for people who find time to do it all. Between my family and job, I'm happy to tromp the woods for grouse with my dog for right now.

One thing I will not ever do, is make statements like "if" I played in the FT game, MY DOG would win! That is the weakest of the weak! (and before committing the time to compete at that level, I would secure gainful employment instead of living off others' work and wages) I take pictures too, but that doesn't support a household and hobby.

RK: I hope you took my comment about your dog sincerely. Given our recent exchanges, I could understand you taking it in a sarcastic way. Ridiculing what people do with dogs is something only one very special person here will do....and it ain't me! Good luck to you and Elvis.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

You guys are ridiculous.

Why don't one or both of you let your behavior get out of hand and get banned so the childish bullshit can quit?