The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anita Hill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Very nice. Its YOUR way or the Highway, huh? Some of us actually use our dogs for what they were intended.......HUNTING. oh, my bad, i thought this forum had something vaguely to do with training wow - what a bizarre concept - have some involvement in training dogs in a dog training forum ..... Wow, what a bizarre concept, worthy of being ridiculed and called "pond scum"! no, you are right, its not, you do plenty of other things in here worthy of that, just being here as a matter of fact

I would NEVER attack a fellow RTFer for what they choose to do or not do with their dogs. At this phase of my life and career, I have chosen to pull the extra calls, and work the longer schedules to build my career and IRA. I have the utmost respect for people who find time to do it all. Between my family and job, I'm happy to tromp the woods for grouse with my dog for right now.

One thing I will not ever do, is make statements like "if" I played in the FT game, MY DOG would win! That is the weakest of the weak! (and before committing the time to compete at that level, I would secure gainful employment instead of living off others' work and wages) I take pictures too, but that doesn't support a household and hobby.

RK: I hope you took my comment about your dog sincerely. Given our recent exchanges, I could understand you taking it in a sarcastic way. Ridiculing what people do with dogs is something only one very special person here will do....and it ain't me! Good luck to you and Elvis.

there you go lying again. please show me where i said that.
    Last edited by david gibson; 10-21-2010 at 07:22 AM.

dnf, DG never said his dog would win a FT. Just that if that event was judged as one...nevermind. He has already explained it multiple times. I think you 'get it' (with a nod to JD) but you just want to stir the pot. Big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    dnf, DG never said his dog would win a FT. Just that if that event was judged as one...nevermind. He has already explained it multiple times. I think you 'get it' (with a nod to JD) but you just want to stir the pot. Big surprise.
    Okay, I admit, after *carefully* reading the comment, and sifting through the various ways it could be taken, I see what he was trying to brag about. Kind of like saying if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Got it.

But apparently from Post #41, gibby doesn't think it takes any training to hunt with a properly trained dog. News flash, people were training and hunting with dogs long before HTs and FTs of any brand. Like I said, I applaud anyone who had a good bond with their dog, trains and enjoys time together....whether its a 5x NFC trainer/handler, or a young boy teaching fido to sit. Guess some have a little higher standard of what's acceptable.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Okay, I admit, after *carefully* reading the comment, and sifting through the various ways it could be taken, I see what he was trying to brag about. Kind of like saying if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Got it.

I think you were just reading it with you "I hate Gibson" colored glasses the first time. I didn't have any trouble understanding it...but what do I know...I'm a measly middle class peasant that didn't go to med school.

I think you were just reading it with you "I hate Gibson" colored glasses the first time. I didn't have any trouble understanding it...but what do I know...I'm a measly middle class peasant that didn't go to med school.
    So it's not just me who thinks dnf777 is a self-righteous a$$hole?

Self-righteousness (also called sententiousness, holier-than-thou[1]) is a feeling of (usually) smug moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions,affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.
    The term "self-righteous" is often considered derogatory (see, for example, journalist and essayist James Fallows' description of self-righteousness in regards to Nobel Peace Prize winners) particularly because self-righteous individuals are often thought to exhibit hypocrisy, an idea similar to that of the Freudian defense mechanism of reaction formation. The connection between self-righteousness and hypocrisy predates Freud's views, however, as evidenced by the 1899 book Good Mrs. Hypocrite: A Study in Self-Righteousness, by the pseudonymous author "Rita."

I don't know what the sam hill med school has to do with this??? I'm surprised you of all people would launch such a strike? Apparently I wasn't the only one to fail to properly interpret what he said, hence the evolution of this thread.

As for sandyg: what you think of me matters not. You have already falsely accused me and others, of taking stances on matters that were totally fabricated in your mind. Apparently your slanderous lies know no bounds when commenting on anyone who disagrees with your ideology. Hence, what you think of me doesn't matter a hill of beans. (and that's putting in nicely) In fact, being called an a$$hole by you probably makes me an allright guy!
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    because, sir, you are too ignorant to understand the post.

why is that so hard to understand? a MH test is pass/fail, but in that realm lets say 10 of 30 dogs pass. lets say 9 of those 10 that passed had a handle, and all 10 had 3 whistles on every blind and were equally tight. also - line manners and handler issues were also all equal. then, wouldnt the dog with no handles have had the best run? SO - IF it had been a FT - please tell me who would have won??

now, lets go to the other extreme. lets say of the 10 that passed, 9 had a handle, and all 9 had 4-9 whistles on the blinds but were in good control so they pass. but dog 10 had 1-2 whistles, very tight. now, all 10 get a ribbon and a pass equally - but IF were judged as a FT who would have won?

and i admit that we went out in the 2nd series the week before so i am only bragging on the event, not that the dog is perfect.,

and why am i asking dave ferraro who has never even trained a dog much less run a test or trial? my bad........pond scum tends to drag the best of us down regards

I've seen dogs in field trials without handles get dropped while dogs with handles got carried. A dog that hunts every square inch of a field to get a bird without a handle isn't necessarily better than a dog that runs to the fall area, sets up a tight hunt, misses the bird, then starts to hunt big & gets handled back to the bird by the handler.

The best way to find out how your dog would fair in field trials is to run some. Might be pleasantly surprised.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I've seen dogs in field trials without handles get dropped while dogs with handles got carried. A dog that hunts every square inch of a field to get a bird without a handle isn't necessarily better than a dog that runs to the fall area, sets up a tight hunt, misses the bird, then starts to hunt big & gets handled back to the bird by the handler.

The best way to find out how your dog would fair in field trials is to run some. Might be pleasantly surprised.
    I ran my pup in a derby.
    He finished, but I was trashed.
    It's hard enough competing against a standard, I am to much of an adrenaline junkie for head to head competition.

Just the way it is.
    Maybe a shame, but Elvis and I are happy.
    (well, I am anyways)

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I ran my pup in a derby.
    He finished, but I was trashed.
    It's hard enough competing against a standard, I am to much of an adrenaline junkie for head to head competition.

Just the way it is.
    Maybe a shame, but Elvis and I are happy.
    (well, I am anyways)

RK
    Here's what I like doing with my dogs!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=7dccd1df03
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Here's what I like doing with my dogs!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=7dccd1df03
    Buzz, did you read my WI duck thread?
    My pup (not even 2 yet) picked up a triple as clean as you please.
    Except he didn't sit to heel or any of that.
    He delivered to hand, as soon as he gave me the bird he was gone for the next one.

The 3rd was a good 120 yards and swam another 50.
    Elvis prevailed.

I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Same thing on the blind in 18" of water and 3' of marsh grass.
    I handled him to a fall zone that I wasn't sure of, standing on a rat platform, got him down wind and he found the dead wood duck.
    He found it with his nose, I couldn't even see him, I just heard him.

I guess he would have failed both tests.

Upland birds are our real passion!!!
    He has a hell of a nose!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis