The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Real Truth About Jobs & Oil Spill

Default The Real Truth About Jobs & Oil Spill

The right would like you to believe that the moritorium has killed jobs is the oil services industry. This is the furtherest from the truth, but who care about the truth.

I bank many oil services companies that are expanding largely to meet the requirements being now imposed. Onshore drilling is on fire as they continue to develop these scale fields. Yes offshore drilling in the gulf is not happening but everything else is on fire.

So just for the record, I think someone who has first hand knowledge is a better source than some spin doctor that whats you to believe something that is not true.

However all of them lie, so pick the liar that will help you the most. If you are unemployeed the guy that whats to extend your benefits is probablly your best choice. If you are farmer or work in the ag sector the guy that wants to expand school lunches. If you work in the defense industry the guy that likes war. Etc. etc....

Vote you pocket book...don't make your vote on what they say because they all are liars.

Where is the increased on-shore drilling taking place? Are the Gulf off-shore oil employees being relocated to those locations?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Where is the increased on-shore drilling taking place? Are the Gulf off-shore oil employees being relocated to those locations?
    If a feller is not working drilling in the gulf region then how can
    he be getting a haircut and buying a snow cone, in the gulf region?
    What about those folk??

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The haynesville, barnett, marcella...many are.

I am sure that the 20,000 laidoff because of the 7 deepwater rigs that were moved to other coutries can rest easily knowing Sambo has thier back. No one knows when the other 24 deepwater rigs will go back to work because no new permits are being issued.

And, just in case you haven't looked, shallow water drilling permits are being held up too creating more loss of jobs!

Then again, gasoline is upwards of $2.70 per gallon at the pump and getting ready to go over $3. per gallon thanks to the Democrats!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Right here in Pennsylvania. Everywhere you look there are drilling rigs, pipe farms, waste-water trucks.......
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Sambo knows NOT what he talks about!

On shore drilling is mostly for natural gas. Production for on-shore producing gasoline is extremely limited and too costly. Offshore is where gasoline gets produced in quantity in this country outside of Alaska.

Many of those laid-off gulf employees have had to leave thier families and go to where drilling is and that is Saudi Arabia. Sambo would rather feather the nest of the Saudi's than of Americans!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-20-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    If a feller is not working drilling in the gulf region then how can
    he be getting a haircut and buying a snow cone, in the gulf region?
    What about those folk??

If I understand your question, you are asking what is happening to the barbers and snow cone sellers if the off-shore guys are not working. My point is the fabricators, engineers, mechinist, etc. have added work because of this, so they are creating jobs because of the disaster that were not there before the spill. So barbers are cutting fabricators hair now.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I am sure that the 20,000 laidoff because of the 7 deepwater rigs that were moved to other coutries can rest easily knowing Sambo has thier back. No one knows when the other 24 deepwater rigs will go back to work because no new permits are being issued.

And, just in case you haven't looked, shallow water drilling permits are being held up too creating more loss of jobs!

Then again, gasoline is upwards of $2.70 per gallon at the pump and getting ready to go over $3. per gallon thanks to the Democrats!
    What I said is the service industry is on fire meeting the new demands. I never said that roughnecks were not out of work. My point is the new requirements are making more jobs than were lost. I sure though that a roughneck can go work in a fab shop if they desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Sambo knows NOT what he talks about!

On shore drilling is mostly for natural gas. Production for on-shore producing gasoline is extremely limited and too costly. Offshore is where gasoline gets produced in quantity in this country outside of Alaska.

Many of those laid-off gulf employees have had to leave thier families and go to where drilling is and that is Saudi Arabia. Sambo would rather feather the nest of the Saudi's than of Americans!
    What difference does it make if they are drilling for gas or oil. They are still drilling and need pipe, frac sand, pump trucks, water disposal, etc......bottom line jobs