The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Real Truth About Jobs & Oil Spill

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    A huge difference! It takes almost 40 times the people per rig drilling for oil than natural gas. Natural gas drilling jobs pay much less and the demand is for gasoline not natural gas!
    That bullshit....these big shale wells that they are going 15k ft and the turning and going anther 3 miles employee plenty. Yes some deepwater rig like the horizon employees more, but there are 20 times as many shale rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think it is great that natural gas exploration is hiring more people. However, it won't come close to the high paying jobs lost in drilling for oil that can be made into gasoline! Nor will the natural gas production make up for the lost taxes and it will take a long time for domestic drilling to come back.

What major oil company is going to want to invest in drilling in a country with falkey government? For the same reason oil companies are moving their corporate HQ out of the USA and to Dubai. They know that the Dems are hostile to oil production!
    These oil companies have a history of drilling in countries with falkey governments. Want me to name a few...Russia, Niageria, Iraq...should I keep going.

Quit trying to make a case where Obama screwed up the oil industry. He threw a curve ball into deepwate drilling until they can better their act. But in the meantime the sector continues to thrive.

Here is an actual example of a major player "Oilstates" that just purchased an engineering company that I banked that only focus is deepwater exploration. The ink isn't dry yet, too. Why do they want this company? Because they have expertise to design and engineer to the expanded requirements. What does that spell? JOBS