The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Stan (RK) ever see one of these

Some great Muskie fishing up this way also. The St. Lawrence river regularly produces some monster muskies. I lived in town called Clayton, that for years bragged that the World record muskie was caught by a local resident.
    A check on that claim found that the fish was not quiet what it was said to be and they disqualified and removed it from the record books. I believe now that the World Record is now held somewhere in Wisconsin.

I used to catch quite a few musky and pike on Lake St. Clair in MI. St. Clair & the Detroit River are some of the best musky & pike waters in the country, numbers wise. I didnít target them. I usually caught them while I was bass fishing. They would hit spinnerbaits and crankbaits. Sometimes, when you had a bass on the line, they would grab the bass, and try to take it from you. I liked to fish for big musky & big pike in the spring in some of the areas where they moved up in the shallows to feed before spawning. Big fish like that are lots of fun.

Those muskies are aggressive and wiley!!

This story is "no-shat!!"
    We were crappie fishing in a canoe just floating along the bank one lazy fall day.
    This squirrell was creeping out on this branch trying to get to a cluster of acorn nuts.
    As the squirrell ventured further out the branch it would dip just to the surface of the water.
    After about three or four trys, the squirrell finally mustered up the courage to get to the nuts and....

WHAM!!!!!

The branch was shaking, water splashed every where and the squirrell was gone.
    A freakin' muskie had swallowed that squirrell in one gulp.
    It was incredible!!

About 30 seconds later.....the muskie......put another cluster of nuts on the same branch!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 10-21-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

RK,

That's funny! There is a lake I used to fish in MI that had tiger musky (musky x pike hybrid) in it. They are more aggressive than either species. I have seen them take ducklings off the top of the water. I have had one try to take a 2 lb. smallie I was reeling in. By the time he let it go, the smallie was shredded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    i never did. But you must of had alot wind flags in that wind. I go up north afew times ayear for bluegill- northerns when perch jerken gets slow on bay. Caldren falls around Crivitz. Hey good luck this weekend. Im going on my first layout boat hunt on the bay. guess golden eyes are down and buffleheads. SEE YA.
    One year my parents myself, my sister and 2 of my cousins went on a week vacation near Crivitz. None of us were catching any fish. One morning real early, I got up and took the boat out and went fishing. I saw what I thought was a good place to start. There was a log sticking out of the water just about 10 yards off shore. I was using a red and white dare devil and on about the second cast had a musky follow the lure all the way up to the boat. I drug the lure next to the boat and the musky took it. I had the drag set too tight and the musky dove and snapped the line.

A little bit later I got another musky on the line and I rowed into shore and beached the musky. I put it in the boat and trolled back to the cabin. I got another strike and landed a large Northern Pike.

RK, I did not know there were musky in Pewaukee lake. I thought you had to go up north for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    One year my parents myself, my sister and 2 of my cousins went on a week vacation near Crivitz. None of us were catching any fish. One morning real early, I got up and took the boat out and went fishing. I saw what I thought was a good place to start. There was a log sticking out of the water just about 10 yards off shore. I was using a red and white dare devil and on about the second cast had a musky follow the lure all the way up to the boat. I drug the lure next to the boat and the musky took it. I had the drag set too tight and the musky dove and snapped the line.

A little bit later I got another musky on the line and I rowed into shore and beached the musky. I put it in the boat and trolled back to the cabin. I got another strike and landed a large Northern Pike.

RK, I did not know there were musky in Pewaukee lake. I thought you had to go up north for them.
    They catch a lot of 40" plus fish out there.
    Several 45-50"ers as well.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/show.../pewaukee-lake

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    They catch a lot of 40" plus fish out there.
    Several 45-50"ers as well.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/show.../pewaukee-lake

RK
    My brother-in-law is from Pewaukee

Unhappy

There were a pile of boats trolling the mouth of green bay last weekend. So i asked aguy with a really nice boat if there was a walleye tournment going on. He said it was a muskie tournment. He also said the part of the bay is getting better every year. Late 80s to mid 90s perch were very abundant on the bay. But started declineing. Some say it was over fished by sport fisherman . Some say it was the commercial fisherman add the zebra mussles in too it all took its toll. BUT It is comming back slow but dont think it will ever be the same.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    There were a pile of boats trolling the mouth of green bay last weekend. So i asked aguy with a really nice boat if there was a walleye tournment going on. He said it was a muskie tournment. He also said the part of the bay is getting better every year. Late 80s to mid 90s perch were very abundant on the bay. But started declineing. Some say it was over fished by sport fisherman . Some say it was the commercial fisherman add the zebra mussles in too it all took its toll. BUT It is comming back slow but dont think it will ever be the same.
    Talk about lake perch, I sure miss going to the Friday night fish fries.

Talk about lake perch, I sure miss going to the Friday night fish fries.
    There diffently still a big draw but with the decline of perch the price has gone up considerbly. I personaly like bluegill better. Alot of places are offering that at a lower cost than perch. I dont know if they do it down by RK (STAN) . They also have have one that is called perch pike its suppose to be a cross between perch and pike. That one is a farm raised never tryed it so cant say how it taste.