The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my duty is done....

Banned

Default my duty is done....

.....i voted today, so now i can do something far far more important on Nov 2 - pick up my new puppy!!!!!

by the way - master pass #3 this past weekend - by far my boy's best test performance yet. if it had been judged as a field trial he would have won hands down. the 3 blinds were 1, 2, and 2 whistles with less than 10 ft offline. nailed all the marks - except the last one, but 3 clean whistles had it in his mouth. only 8 of 25 ran the first series clean, then only 3 ran the 2nd clean, and one of those had a handle in series one. so only one dog had zero handles, but it was very very piggish and slow, zero style or ambition, and 4-8 whistle blinds run at a fast walk. totally does the work, just not a joy to watch.

so thats 3 for 6, and 2 of the last 3. not a bad best buddy at all......

freaking awesome. if only i could count on this same performance! but last week we went out in the second series, so we are human and canine afterall...

Better watch out....you know, talking puppies on the POTUS. Some may get their dander up!

Congrats on the pup and the pass.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Better watch out....you know, talking puppies on the POTUS. Some may get their dander up!

Congrats on the pup and the pass.
    Congrats Big Gibby!!
    Good luck on the new pup....

Do you and your pup have any test passes or FT runs dnf Dave??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    .....i voted today, so now i can do something far far more important on Nov 2 - pick up my new puppy!!!!!

by the way - master pass #3 this past weekend - by far my boy's best test performance yet. if it had been judged as a field trial he would have won hands down. the 3 blinds were 1, 2, and 2 whistles with less than 10 ft offline. nailed all the marks - except the last one, but 3 clean whistles had it in his mouth. only 8 of 25 ran the first series clean, then only 3 ran the 2nd clean, and one of those had a handle in series one. so only one dog had zero handles, but it was very very piggish and slow, zero style or ambition, and 4-8 whistle blinds run at a fast walk. totally does the work, just not a joy to watch.

so thats 3 for 6, and 2 of the last 3. not a bad best buddy at all......

freaking awesome. if only i could count on this same performance! but last week we went out in the second series, so we are human and canine afterall...
    Good looking dog.... but, that's a mighty BIG IF!
    I would love to read about you Field Trial handling experience.
    Handle him in an Am or Open and then make that statement.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-20-2010 at 07:02 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Congrats David on the pass...I voted today also...what breeding is the new pup coming from..is it another yeller dog or did you go to the dark side...got a name picked out yet
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Good looking dog.... but, that's a mighty BIG IF!
    I would love to read about you Field Trial handling experience.
    Handle him in an Am or Open and then make that statement.
    um, Franco - i will be polite and tell you to F yourself.

did i say he would win any FT?????? did i????? ummm, i'll answer that for you - NO.

i have never run a FT, but i have watched a few and even the NFC.

i SAID - quote - "if it had been judged as a field trial he would have won hands down." - that means that IF this particular event was a field trial - WITH the same field - we would have won. MEANING that our run was far cleaner than everyone else's.

do you not see the difference? why is that so hard to understand?

you are giving coon asses a bad name, and i count many of your brethren amongst my best friends having roughnecked alongside many.

i photographed and /or watched the entire event. i know what i talk about.

thank you so much for your gross misinterpretation.
    Last edited by david gibson; 10-20-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Congrats David on the pass...I voted today also...what breeding is the new pup coming from..is it another yeller dog or did you go to the dark side...got a name picked out yet
    calming down after Francos assholyness - no - no name picked out. we have a theme and we try to get the whole family's input, even though the kids are out of the house. we like Texas town names (hence Brady), "Shiner" is the frontrunner with the wife and daughter, but try saying "sit Shiner" under stress. i can see a walkup.....the gun fire, and i say "Shit Siner!" lol

i also like "Dalton"

this pup is sired by Kerrybrooks Vince (Kenny G - RTF'er) - number 49 as CH/MH, from a bitch from, Brady's breeder (www.bearcreekonthebayou.com)

decidedly yellow!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Congrats Big Gibby!!
    Good luck on the new pup....

Do you and your pup have any test passes or FT runs dnf Dave??

RK

Nope. Our game is grouse on the west 40 and ducks on the river.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    calming down after Francos assholyness - no - no name picked out. we have a theme and we try to get the whole family's input, even though the kids are out of the house. we like Texas town names (hence Brady), "Shiner" is the frontrunner with the wife and daughter, but try saying "sit Shiner" under stress. i can see a walkup.....the gun fire, and i say "Shit Siner!" lol

i also like "Dalton"

this pup is sired by Kerrybrooks Vince (Kenny G - RTF'er) - number 49 as CH/MH, from a bitch from, Brady's breeder (www.bearcreekonthebayou.com)

decidedly yellow!!!!!
    Congrats on the new puppy. I can't wait to see pics. Gotta love those CH/MH's!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Congrats on the new puppy. I can't wait to see pics. Gotta love those CH/MH's!
    pics??? moi????