The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: my duty is done....

David, I could be wrong (have been twice this year) but "Blood Boudin" is not commercially available. Trichanosis (sp) the blood born disease associated with pork and health dept will not allow it to be sold. Some community fairs stil make it but it is getting rare.
    Don's is my favorite, exit 103 I think. Bring an ice chest for boudin and get you some stuffed sausage bread to keep it company along with the chicken sausage (yum,yum).
    Have a safe trip.
    Just Win

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    David, I could be wrong (have been twice this year) but "Blood Boudin" is not commercially available. Trichanosis (sp) the blood born disease associated with pork and health dept will not allow it to be sold. Some community fairs stil make it but it is getting rare.
    Don's is my favorite, exit 103 I think. Bring an ice chest for boudin and get you some stuffed sausage bread to keep it company along with the chicken sausage (yum,yum).
    Have a safe trip.
    thats what i heard, my houma buddy said the place he gets it from is supposedly the only licensed place in the state to make it because they have a full time FDA inspector there. but knowing louisiana and cajun ingenuity, i sure its available via other sources

by the way, i am 1/4 coonass and the other 1/4 on that side is the founding family of sabine pass, which is so deep southeast texas that it pretty much counts as coonass as well..

the boudain i got from Dons before was good, so if you locals approve then thats the spot. the 5lb bags of gator chunks were mighty good fried and bbq'd....yummmmmmm - and i will try the chicken sausage as well. i am bringing back 2 other puppies for other buyers here in Houston, if i break down i am in a heap of trouble with all the dogs and goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Oh!
    and BTW
    Congrats on the pass!
    Good Job
    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    dont need no oreos thank you
    can anyone loan me a box?
    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Of tissues??

RK
    No, so I can stand on it 'cause the oreo thing is way over my head!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

No, so I can stand on it 'cause the oreo thing is way over my head!
    JDog has a ladder if you need it.