The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: my duty is done....

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Come on now David, Franco is one of the most respected posters on POTUS. I think you could be over reacting just a tad. I do agree with your posts most of the time politically.
    ok, i will gladly admit i over reacted. my apologies to franco. but it doesnt change the fact that he took my post out of context and twisted the meaning purposefully in order to belittle me, just because he doesnt like me because i am a bully and then dnf jumps on the bandwagon. i am obviously the only wrong guy here, and because of that i dont have a right to defend myself from untruths. fine. sorry, i am a fighter and i defend myself. to a fault at times it seems, or maybe all the time to beat dnf to the punch, but i am not going to sit and take it. sorry for not being the type that will inherit the earth.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    dont need no oreos thank you
    can anyone loan me a box?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  3. #23
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    ok, i will gladly admit i over reacted. my apologies to franco. but it doesnt change the fact that he took my post out of context and twisted the meaning purposefully in order to belittle me, just because he doesnt like me because i am a bully and then dnf jumps on the bandwagon. i am obviously the only wrong guy here, and because of that i dont have a right to defend myself from untruths. fine. sorry, i am a fighter and i defend myself. to a fault at times it seems, or maybe all the time to beat dnf to the punch, but i am not going to sit and take it. sorry for not being the type that will inherit the earth.
    I may well have been over reacting as I have done so in the past here on RTF. We all have different styles and maybe Gibson's brash style rubs me the wrong way much of the time as I am sure I have rubbed folks in the wrong way as well.

    It is good to know that DG does consider The Standard and breed conformation when selecting a dog, I applaud that!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  4. #24
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I may well have been over reacting as I have done so in the past here on RTF. We all have different styles and maybe Gibson's brash style rubs me the wrong way much of the time as I am sure I have rubbed folks in the wrong way as well.

    It is good to know that DG does consider The Standard and breed conformation when selecting a dog, I applaud that!

    Except they are the wrong color!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I may well have been over reacting as I have done so in the past here on RTF. We all have different styles and maybe Gibson's brash style rubs me the wrong way much of the time as I am sure I have rubbed folks in the wrong way as well.

    It is good to know that DG does consider The Standard and breed conformation when selecting a dog, I applaud that!
    then prove you still love me by telling me where i can get the best boudain in town when i pass through after getting my pup.. extra points if you point me towards blood boudain....

  6. #26
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    can anyone loan me a box?
    Of tissues??

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    .....i voted today, so now i can do something far far more important on Nov 2 - pick up my new puppy!!!!!

    by the way - master pass #3 this past weekend - by far my boy's best test performance yet. if it had been judged as a field trial he would have won hands down. the 3 blinds were 1, 2, and 2 whistles with less than 10 ft offline. nailed all the marks - except the last one, but 3 clean whistles had it in his mouth. only 8 of 25 ran the first series clean, then only 3 ran the 2nd clean, and one of those had a handle in series one. so only one dog had zero handles, but it was very very piggish and slow, zero style or ambition, and 4-8 whistle blinds run at a fast walk. totally does the work, just not a joy to watch.



    so thats 3 for 6, and 2 of the last 3. not a bad best buddy at all......





    freaking awesome. if only i could count on this same performance! but last week we went out in the second series, so we are human and canine afterall...
    The three whistles in a field trial wouldn't even get you a greenie but congratulations on your Master pass.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The three whistles in a field trial wouldn't even get you a greenie but congratulations on your Master pass.
    even if the rest of the field did the same???

  9. #29
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The three whistles in a field trial wouldn't even get you a greenie but congratulations on your Master pass.
    If everybody else used 4, that 3 would be KING!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    even if the rest of the field did the same???
    In a Field trial there does not have to be a winner or even a placement. If your dog had 3 handles on a mark and your dog did the best work of all the dogs there, I am thinking there would not be any dogs that would have received a placement or a JAM. I am not trying to be rude or anything but that is just the way it is in Field Trials. Again congratulations on your Master Pass. How many more do you need for the title?

    I went to a field trial I think 2 years ago and entered a qualifying. Out of the 20 or so dogs entered only 4 made it to the third series.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-21-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •