The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Tightening' races?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    It felt like watching a Sarah Palin debate all over again.

In that case, he's a shoo-in.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Personally, I hope the republicans take the government top to bottom. In fact, I wish they'd have done that in 2008.
    me too!

I just hope it isn't the rino's that cause the shift but those further to the right.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

LOL so you think if you just keep saying republicans have no ideas enough even you would actually believe it? Your thinking cap is broke sir go to one of the "big business" you despise so much for a repair~
    Well genius, suppose you articulate exactly what the Republicans are proposing for Healthcare, the federal deficit, and economic recovery for starters. What do they want to do? How is it different from what they did last time they had control of Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Well genius, suppose you articulate exactly what the Republicans are proposing for Healthcare, the federal deficit, and economic recovery for starters. What do they want to do? How is it different from what they did last time they had control of Washington.
    Well genius, If you would've bothered to read the link subroc posted you would have not shoved your foot in your mouth considering ever single thing you asked for was addressed...Pull your foot out of your mouth before you talk next time please maybe then you won't "sound" like a moron....genius.

Banned

Well genius, If you would've bothered to read the link subroc posted you would have not shoved your foot in your mouth considering ever single thing you asked for was addressed...Pull your foot out of your mouth before you talk next time please maybe then you won't "sound" like a moron....genius.
    Ok. I deleted my 1st response to this and I'll be civil to try and keep this from descending into a war of insults. I read Subroc's link. I didn't respond to it because it failed completely to answer the question. If the Republican Party Platform in 2008 is the best you can do to articulate the Republican ideas for action in 2010 you proved my point. Same old tired and failed concepts and theories. Did you read it? It was a lot of words that identified virtually no specifics or plans of action. But beyond that, the more relevant question is what year is it? Oh, that's right, it's 2010. We are electing the congress for 2011. It's not 2008 anymore. The "fresh" ideas you are holding up are 2 years old. In fact they do not lay out a framework for action at all. They simply recite the same concepts, many of which were implemented during the Obama Administration, the Bush Administration, the Clinton Administration, the Bush 1 administration... all the way back to Reagan in many cases.

Now, back to the original question. I asked you to articulate what plan of action the Republicans have proposed THIS YEAR for Healthcare, the Federal Debt, and the Economy. What are the Republicans going to do, specifically if they get elected? And, more importantly, how is it different than what they and the democrats have done for the last 25 years?

Now, since I know you can't, or won't present your case, I will get more specific on my concerns Regarding what the Republican candidates have been saying for the last two years. I hear the same old theories which have failed miserably. I see.... hmmm 100% of the adds on TV in my state, for Republican candidates, say nothing of what they want to do. All they do is attack their opponents.
    The general concepts I hear from the Republicans goes something like this.
    1. Economy - Republicans want to Extend tax cuts for everybody, especially Corporations - Well, if the last 10 years of tax cuts didn't work, why are we considering doing it again? General Electric, IBM, Exon Mobil are a sample of Corporations who already pay no taxes. It's driving us into bankruptcy and NOT creating jobs in America. And, how you gonna pay for that? Nobody talks about that. If you know that answer, lets hear it.
    Another General theme of Republicans is we need more deregulation. What does that look like? We saw a deregulated Energy meltdown in 2002. We saw deregulated healthcare spiral out of control. We saw the trillion dollar crash of the deregulated Financial Industries. And their answer is we need more of this?????

2. Healthcare= Republicans want to Repeal the healthcare reform act we got this year. Ok, then what? Only thing I've heard from them is Medical Savings accounts. Sorry, that dog don't hunt. The healthcare passed this year has lots of flaws. But it does have one thing that is VERY VERY GOOD. It prevents insurance companies from cutting people off when they get sick or old. It prevents them from denying insurance. It might actually swing them back to competing on healthcare delivery instead of healthcare denial. That in itself is reason enough to keep it. If Republicans have a better plan that accomplishes that goal, frankly they must be keeping is a secret. If you know what it is, Please share it with us.
    3. Federal Deficit - As in every election cycle, Republicans want to end the deficit. How? They gonna kill Social Security? Gonna kill Medicare? Are they going to allow the government to negotiate prices for Prescription drugs? Lots of talk about that from the Tea Party on how Social Security and Medicare equals communism. Ok, what does the Republican alternative look like? What do they want to replace Medicare with? Social Security? They're not giving us any answers are they? Only attacks on what the Dems did and want to do.
    Are they going to cut the military budget and retreat from empire? No, haven't heard that from any of them. I've heard some republicans say kill public education. Now there's a great idea. An uneducated population of workers in a high tech world. That will bring a lot of investment to America. Tea Party Candidates seem to want to privatize everything from Bridges to fire departments. Another gem of an idea. So, please, articulate if you will the Republican Strategy for ending the deficit, which, by the way, was run up more under their leadership than their oppositions.

My question still stands. What are the Republican Party candidates proposing in 2011 that is different than 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000 ..... Trickle Down, deregulation, and Deficits don't work. That is the Reagan legacy. It may have made some sense in 1980, but frankly we are out of borrowing power, to sustain it any longer. And that is still what the Republicans are all about.

So I ask again, if the above is not true, then enlighten us on what is different.