The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda leader had lunch with Pentagon officials after 9/11

Banned

Default Al Qaeda leader had lunch with Pentagon officials after 9/11

London: A top al Qaeda leader who is one of the world's most wanted men rubbed shoulders with high-ranking US military officials at a luncheon at the Pentagon in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, a new report said on Thursday.

The report details how Anwar al-Awlaki, the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list met top military personnel just months after the brazen attacks.

Fox News claim to have acquired documents that state that Awlaki was taken to the US Department of Defence's headquarters as part of the military's outreach program to the Muslim community in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks.
    http://www.zeenews.com/news662841.html

For all you righties out there this is a Fox report. By the way, the Pentagon is in Washington DC isn't it? Isn't it also where the White House is located

The Bush administration couldn't even catch a most wanted al Queda member when they show up for lunch at Military Headquarters -- What's up with that?

Hey Duckenwork, this is a news article that just came out. Any comments?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-22-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    London: A top al Qaeda leader who is one of the world's most wanted men rubbed shoulders with high-ranking US military officials at a luncheon at the Pentagon in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, a new report said on Thursday.

The report details how Anwar al-Awlaki, the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list met top military personnel just months after the brazen attacks.

Fox News claim to have acquired documents that state that Awlaki was taken to the US Department of Defence's headquarters as part of the military's outreach program to the Muslim community in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks.
    http://www.zeenews.com/news662841.html

For all you righties out there this is a Fox report. By the way, the Pentagon is in Washington DC isn't it? Isn't it also where the White House is located
    so what? ever considered "intell gathering"? do you really think the pentagon was wining and dining him because they liked him, they really liked him?

and so what if fox news reported it? although i trust them more than CNN, i still have a mind of my own and go the other direction when i think thay are wrong.

us "righties" are less dependent on Fox than you lefties are on CNN

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so what? ever considered "intell gathering"? do you really think the pentagon was wining and dining him because they liked him, they really liked him?

and so what if fox news reported it? although i trust them more than CNN, i still have a mind of my own and go the other direction when i think thay are wrong.

How much intelegence did they gather during tea and crumpits before letting him walk out of the building

RALMAO

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

Whoa! Stop the merry-go-round! Its getting dizzy around here with all that SPIN!

Oh My God--can you imagine the outrage if you merely substituted the Obama or Clinton administration for Bush? LMAO!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Hey at least Bush didn't lose the codes for the nukes like Clinton did.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Hey at least Bush didn't lose the codes for the nukes like Clinton did.
    I can't believe it took someone a month to figure out to look in the bedrooms!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

They were with the curtains Hillary was stashing!

As noted in the Fox report and according to Wiki, the FBI interviewed al-Awlaki four times in the days following the 9/11 attacks. (Note - no arrest) One 9/11 Commission staff member said: “Do I think he played a role in helping the hijackers here, knowing they were up to something? Yes. Do I think he was sent here for that purpose? "I have no evidence for it".

Awlaki's name wasn't placed on an early version of what is now the federal terror watch list until July 2002. On a Fox news program "American Terrorist", it was speculated that Awlaki may have been "flipped" and allowed to return to the US in exchange for cooperating in gathering intelligence. Awlaki was even the Congressional Muslim Staff Association’s first imam to pray at the U.S. Capitol in 2002. Even right now Al-Alaki is not on the FBI Most Wanted list http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten or indicted for treason.

In lieu of that info, having the DoD talk to him at the Pentagon at that time (post 9/11) doesn't seem unreasonable. If they were to do it now , that's different story.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    As noted in the Fox report and according to Wiki, the FBI interviewed al-Awlaki four times in the days following the 9/11 attacks. (Note - no arrest) One 9/11 Commission staff member said: “Do I think he played a role in helping the hijackers here, knowing they were up to something? Yes. Do I think he was sent here for that purpose? "I have no evidence for it".

Awlaki's name wasn't placed on an early version of what is now the federal terror watch list until July 2002. On a Fox news program "American Terrorist", it was speculated that Awlaki may have been "flipped" and allowed to return to the US in exchange for cooperating in gathering intelligence. Awlaki was even the Congressional Muslim Staff Association’s first imam to pray at the U.S. Capitol in 2002. Even right now Al-Alaki is not on the FBI Most Wanted list http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten or indicted for treason.

In lieu of that info, having the DoD talk to him at the Pentagon at that time (post 9/11) doesn't seem unreasonable. If they were to do it now , that's different story.
    BINGO....from what I can gather, at the time of his visit he was not listed on any "most wanted" alerts.

maybe it was due to a false sense of security we had with him or maybe he was that good at disguising himself as an "okey-dokey" kinda muslim. What ever the case at the time of that meeting he was not "pinned" as a HVT.

NCA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    BINGO....from what I can gather, at the time of his visit he was not listed on any "most wanted" alerts.

maybe it was due to a false sense of security we had with him or maybe he was that good at disguising himself as an "okey-dokey" kinda muslim. What ever the case at the time of that meeting he was not "pinned" as a HVT.

NCA
    Enough of the spin. Bush was told in August 2001 that an attack using planes was imminent and did nothing to stop it. Bush put Bin Lades family on a plane out of the United States just days after 9/11. Bush had family ties to Bin Laden before 9/11. And, it just might be a little too much coincendence that coming off a month vacation in August he just happened to be taking another vacation reading Billy the Goat to grade schoolers when the first plane struck the World Trade Center. Oh, by the way wasn't that Bush that let Bin Laden get away when he was surrounded in Afghanistan? and, a year later said he did not know or did not care where Bin Laden was?

Bush was either a Muslim himself or was too busy thinking up a way to invade Iraq.