The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replay issues

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That is in the event of a ball that pops loose. Since the ground cannot cause a fumble, if a team thinks the ground did NOT cause the fumble, ie the player was not down, they will challenge "down by contact". Different situation altogether. If a change of posession is awarded, it is at that spot. They do not allow the play to continue in retrospect if half the players are mulling back to the huddle and some showboat is strutting down the field with the ball.

The signaling of "touchdown" definitavely ends all play. Some guys might have been fighting for the ball, others may have been trying to get up and celebrate or pout.
    Your only saying that because your team benefited. However had the shoe been on the other foot ----------then it would have been sour grapes

the signal of touchdown was for the ball crossing the plane of the goal line, unfortunately it was not in anyones possession until a WHITE JERSEY pounced on it...and the ground didnt cause the fumble , it was the defensive hit on Ben's arm..

Dolphins got robbed...end of story

Cowboys fan regards
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Your only saying that because your team benefited. However had the shoe been on the other foot ----------then it would have been sour grapes
    I fully admit it was a bad call....several times. Lets not mention the holding calls (one of which was so absent, they wouldn't even show a replay b/c they couldn't find anyone holding)

I've said since the day...I'm against IR altogether. I wish we'd go back to letting humans call the game. Most calls are good. A rare few are bad. They even out at the end of the day. And if they don't....hey, its just grown men playing a game!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I fully admit it was a bad call....several times. Lets not mention the holding calls (one of which was so absent, they wouldn't even show a replay b/c they couldn't find anyone holding)

I've said since the day...I'm against IR altogether. I wish we'd go back to letting humans call the game. Most calls are good. A rare few are bad. They even out at the end of the day. And if they don't....hey, its just grown men playing a game!
    And it doesn't hurt that 2 officials were from the Pittsburg area.

DAVIE Gene Steratore was not messing around Monday.
    When he answered the phone at his Western Pennsylvania-based company, Steratore Sanitary Supply, he demanded that the caller give his full name, address and telephone number.
    Some Dolphins fans found further reason for outrage because Bergman is from Pittsburgh and Steratore lives a half-hour from the city.