The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i dont care what side you are on....

Banned

Default i dont care what side you are on....

...but when this is happening all you can say is president Pookie didnt do his homework. there are major problems when major companies are considering dropping health care because of the uncertainties and vagueness of this bill that they crammed down our throats and refused to be transparent about it until it was passed, even though Pookie himself vowed to have it on Cspan.

"we have to pass the bill to see whats in it" i mean really!

even if you are for health care, i dont see how you can defend it when companies are mulling this decision. obviously its not a slam dunk winner for all. when the penalty of a fine is cheaper than following the bill someone just messed up, and the answer is not to simply raise the penalty.

this system will end up being a major failure, and it wont be fully apparent until bho is able to sit on a porch out of the limelight in his comfy retirement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101024/...r_health_plans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alex john View Post
    Mary, your imaginary sense of superiority is truly hilarious. Maybe you should brush up on your education and manners before trying to give someone else a lesson.

Anyway, talk to her. If you wait too long she'll be gone. Stop putting yourself down too. No one will respect you if you don't even respect yourself. Girls like confidence, show her you can be confident too. Approach her and ask her out on a date, or maybe just to hang out. If she says no, forget her. If she says yes, everything will flow from then on.

Go for it, stud.
    DNF, you really need to get out and play with your dog more....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    Don't feed the troll, that post is there solely to get you to click on the links provided....

On the health care impact, the story questions (and I would agree) the credibility of any company saying it is considering changes today based on a tax scheduled to take effect eight years from now. One of the realities is that more and more companies are seriously considering dropping their health coverage with or without the administration the health bill.They have no choice if they wish to remain competitive in a global market. Anyone electing to drop coverage in the next few years will blame it on the health plan for PR reasons, whether it has an effect or not. Some will drop coverage because they currently offer an inadequate plan and will not assume the cost (or expect their employees to assume thew cost) of improvement. My reaction to this is biased by the fact that I believe that the best thing that can happen for our economy and for health care is to get employers out of the business of providing coverage. Over time, I think that is exactly what will happen whether we have a national plan or not. We simply cannot survive when our companies are the only ones in the world financing this type of benefit.

What the hell are you talking about?
    what the hell is alex talking about?

I don't totally disagree with what you posted, and didn't even bother to read this thread until I saw my name being used, when I haven't even commented here.

Just came off 72 hours call, with two spinal fractures from motorcycles enjoying the Indian summer.

Please leave me out of this one.

Dave, I hope you're not thinking Alex is me!? Trust me, I promise you...if I think you're an a-hole, I will tell you so, under DNF777. Just haven't felt the need to lately.

I think I've said plenty here to show I don't need to hide behind aliases. Don't be so surprised that there there is another person out there who doesn't particularly care for you!
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-25-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

If the penalty is less than providing the coverage, obviously, it is a no-brainer to choose the penalty. Then let the employees go buy their coverage through a state exchange. The more companies that take that option, the more likely Jeff's desire to move health insurance out of the employer realm becomes a realty. Then health insurance no longer becomes part of the "menu" for employee benefits ... they can just talk compensation.

Indeed, raising the penalty will make it more likely that employers would offer the minimum coverages specified by the law. But maybe the govt doesn't really want that to happen ... maybe they want the employers out of this, too. Then they can collect premium from the employees, and also collect a "bonus" from the employers' penalties to dump into the "general fund" for providing the subsidies to those who cannot afford their premiums, even through the state "exchanges." Since it is not a "tax", I wonder if the penalty will be considered tax-deductible to the employer?

And who's to say that they won't raise those penalties on the employers as the whole new program gets deeper into the red ... making it harder to stay afloat. I'd say this will happen sooner than it has taken for Medicare due to the sheer numbers of insureds that will be involved.

Employers may actually be greatly relieved to get out of the business of providing health insurance. One less thing for the HR dept to spend time with..
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It's already happening, with both large and small corporations.

I employ 200+ people and just recently changed our health care plan in order to cut the cost. I have also been bringing in local agents to pitch health care plans to my employees, letting them know they have options and that I will eventually be cutting it out as a benefit entirely.

This bill scares me and am looking at every possible avenue I can take to avoid it's burdens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    what the hell is alex talking about?

I don't totally disagree with what you posted, and didn't even bother to read this thread until I saw my name being used, when I haven't even commented here.

Just came off 72 hours call, with two spinal fractures from motorcycles enjoying the Indian summer.

Please leave me out of this one.

Dave, I hope you're not thinking Alex is me!? Trust me, I promise you...if I think you're an a-hole, I will tell you so, under DNF777. Just haven't felt the need to lately.

I think I've said plenty here to show I don't need to hide behind aliases. Don't be so surprised that there there is another person out there who doesn't particularly care for you!

how did you see your name without opening the thread? is this like when you had RK on ignore but still knew everything he posted?

i just thought alex was posting to you separately in some secret forum you and he are in and he made a clicking mistake...

how did you see your name without opening the thread? is this like when you had RK on ignore but still knew everything he posted?

i just thought alex was posting to you separately in some secret forum you and he are in and he made a clicking mistake...
    Its called "lurking" dave. Its not the first time you have chosen to include me in threads I'm not participating in, so sometimes I'll scan the posts, and voila!

No secret forums. And if there were, it wouldn't be about your favorite person.

I haven't the foggiest what alex was talking about?! When a guy starts calling you by "mary", I REALLY don't want to know. Sounds like something at a Barney Frank slumber party.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

...but when this is happening all you can say is president Pookie didnt do his homework. there are major problems when major companies are considering dropping health care because of the uncertainties and vagueness of this bill that they crammed down our throats and refused to be transparent about it until it was passed, even though Pookie himself vowed to have it on Cspan.

"we have to pass the bill to see whats in it" i mean really!

even if you are for health care, i dont see how you can defend it when companies are mulling this decision. obviously its not a slam dunk winner for all. when the penalty of a fine is cheaper than following the bill someone just messed up, and the answer is not to simply raise the penalty.

this system will end up being a major failure, and it wont be fully apparent until bho is able to sit on a porch out of the limelight in his comfy retirement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101024/...r_health_plans
    As many have said all along, America needs to figure out how to separate employment and health Insurance. The current congress, which includes a lot of Republicans who opposed anything and everything, and the current President failed to accomplish significant reform in this regard. So we are stuck with essentially the same system we started with, albeit a few protections for consumers. Healthcare will continue to be a burden to American so long is it is attached to employment. Most advanced countries have already killed this antiquated model.
    Companies have been dropping health insurance for a very long time. Now, they have another excuse if they choose to use it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Its called "lurking" dave. Its not the first time you have chosen to include me in threads I'm not participating in, so sometimes I'll scan the posts, and voila!

No secret forums. And if there were, it wouldn't be about your favorite person.

I haven't the foggiest what alex was talking about?! When a guy starts calling you by "mary", I REALLY don't want to know. Sounds like something at a Barney Frank slumber party.
    sorry dave, my bad. i always thought "lurking" meant reading, and you said "didn't even bother to read this thread until I saw my name being used", so i am just trying to understand how you can read something you claim you didnt even bother to read. but i get it now - you didnt bother to read it until you saw your name must mean you just looked at the words and didnt read them.