The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i dont care what side you are on....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    sorry dave, my bad. i always thought "lurking" meant reading, and you said "didn't even bother to read this thread until I saw my name being used", so i am just trying to understand how you can read something you claim you didnt even bother to read. but i get it now - you didnt bother to read it until you saw your name must mean you just looked at the words and didnt read them.
    Hey Dave--you should apply to be an NFL replay official!
    You sound just like that Miami ref in you convoluted whining.

So I'm done with this one...if you wish to press your point, please submit your legal briefs, in triplicate, to our legal department for further review.

Edit: I better add an emoticon and disclaimer that I am joking about the legal department! I'm sure 99% will know I'm joking, but that 1% may call the janitor and report me!
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-26-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i am just trying to understand how you can read something you claim you didnt even bother to read......
    looked at the words and didnt read them..........
    Ask any member of the House of Representatives or any Senator.
    They regularly do that with bills and then vote for them.
    Itís a common practice.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    As many have said all along, America needs to figure out how to separate employment and health Insurance. The current congress, which includes a lot of Republicans who opposed anything and everything, and the current President failed to accomplish significant reform in this regard. So we are stuck with essentially the same system we started with, albeit a few protections for consumers. Healthcare will continue to be a burden to American so long is it is attached to employment. Most advanced countries have already killed this antiquated model.
    Companies have been dropping health insurance for a very long time. Now, they have another excuse if they choose to use it.
    Is it possible for republicans to oppose anything and actually have an impact?

I heard a guy call in on the radio this morning. He is a truck driver and his company just had an insurance renewal meeting with employees. The management told the employees that they were increasing their deductible from $1500/year to $10,000/year. The reason they gave? The changes coming down the pike because of HCR.

Seems like it's a perfect time for companies to do what they've wanted to do all along, but now they have someone else to blame.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

There is almost no point in having insurance if they don't pay a dime until you hit $10K. (If you are young and/or healthy)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I heard a guy call in on the radio this morning. He is a truck driver and his company just had an insurance renewal meeting with employees. The management told the employees that they were increasing their deductible from $1500/year to $10,000/year. The reason they gave? The changes coming down the pike because of HCR.

Seems like it's a perfect time for companies to do what they've wanted to do all along, but now they have someone else to blame.
    or, its more like the obama admin found a way to entice the companies what he wants all along so single payer will be a reality.

"if you want to keep your health care plan, you can keep it"

yeah, right. they knew along this would happen, the conservative side told them so.

another of obamas masterful scams of trickery on the masses, just like when convinced them to elect him president

I am 23 and at least semi healthy. Never get sick never go to the doctor. If my insurance wasn't so cheap through work i wouldn't have any at all. I pay 100 bucks a month for insurance and have went to the doctor once in like the past 6-7 years out side of a physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I am 23 and at least semi healthy. Never get sick never go to the doctor. If my insurance wasn't so cheap through work i wouldn't have any at all. I pay 100 bucks a month for insurance and have went to the doctor once in like the past 6-7 years out side of a physical.
    yOU SHOULD GET A REFUND BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. SOUNDS LIKE UNION DUES.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cody Covey

Healthy or not, a young guy like Cody could have an accident ... and he'd get more than his money's worth back in health care.

When my son was in the hospital many years ago, his roommate was an average, healthy guy ... who had gone into his attic to get something & then stepped back and fell through the hole where the pull-down stairs were ... he had his spleen removed as a result of the accident.

Insurance is really supposed to be for the catastrophic stuff. I've been paying for health insurance for 20+ years as an individual (and still paying over $300/mo on Medicare), and amount that is approaching $100K paid in ... but in the end the $ I've paid in will be a drop in the bucket as age changes the odds of me having a serious illness. $100K won't buy that much when it comes to a major hospital stay, surgery, and/or cancer treatments.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    You're kidding right?

A refund?

Sorry that's not how insurance works.

So, how does the insurance company break even when at age 45 he needs a $50,000 heart bypass? Or a $100,000 liver transplant?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)