30 71.43%
  • No

12 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: is Favre Done??

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    P S

The NFL Network just concluded a 13 weeks series ranking the Top 100 NFL players of All Time. I just went to the site to see how they had them ranked.

Voters consisted mostly of NFL players from all eras as well as the most respected sports journalist.

Here is how the All Time QB's ranked;

#4 Joe Montana
    #6 Johnny Unitas
    #8 Peyton Manning
    #16 Otto Graham
    #20 Brett Farve
    #21 Tom Brady
    4 SB wins & I believe HOF - Terry Bradshaw - also did it on a team that was not cheating as SF was! I have always liked Pittsburgh & am disappointed with their latest group of thugs.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

P S

The NFL Network just concluded a 13 weeks series ranking the Top 100 NFL players of All Time. I just went to the site to see how they had them ranked.

Voters consisted mostly of NFL players from all eras as well as the most respected sports journalist.

Here is how the All Time QB's ranked;

#4 Joe Montana
    #6 Johnny Unitas
    #8 Peyton Manning
    #16 Otto Graham
    #20 Brett Farve
    #21 Tom Brady
    Very Yardleyesque!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Very Yardleyesque!

RK
    Well, since he is the most articulate poster on POTUS, I'll take that as a complement!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Well, since he is the most articulate poster on POTUS, I'll take that as a complement!
    I am not surprised that you thibnk that.

He is the most verbose poster, posting irrelevant off topic facts (sometimes) even when uncalled for.

That is what you just did.

Hate on Favre, it's ok, maybe you feel better.

I loved watching him play, and I like his heart.
    You will never change that showing me a list of the 100 top players in history that has no Ken Stabler and Bart Starr ranked #51.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't hate Farve, I'm just not a homer! And, I don't think he was the best ever. Great yes, best ever no.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I don't hate Farve, I'm just not a homer! And, I don't think he was the best ever. Great yes, best ever no.

I get it.
    I do, get it???

Your nifty little avatar wasn't hatin' on Favre?
    I can't imagine the furor if someone did that to Brees.
    You are a homer to the max.
    Now that the "Ain'ts" have the "LOMBARDI" Trophy.
    OOOPS, I mean Saints, my bad, old nickname or I slipped a letter!!

BTW--I think in a couple months you and me are gonna have to lay somethin' down on a game that's comin'!!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 11-08-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm not a huge fan of Favre, but I could see arguments for him being one of the best. Really, his consecutive start record is approached only by Lou Gherig or Cal Ripken. I don't care what else you do, not missing a game in that many years is phenomenal!

Of course, most of his career has been played in the ladies' league (in the grass era) unlike when the unrefuted greatest QB ever, Terry Bradshaw played.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Favre, but I could see arguments for him being one of the best. Really, his consecutive start record is approached only by Lou Gherig or Cal Ripken. I don't care what else you do, not missing a game in that many years is phenomenal!

Of course, most of his career has been played in the ladies' league (in the grass era) unlike when the unrefuted greatest QB ever, Terry Bradshaw played.
    Bradshaw was my hero growing up and playing.

But what about the "Snake??"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I get it.
    I do, get it???

Your nifty little avatar wasn't hatin' on Favre?
    I can't imagine the furor if someone did that to Brees.
    You are a homer to the max.
    Now that the "Ain'ts" have the "LOMBARDI" Trophy.
    OOOPS, I mean Saints, my bad, old nickname or I slipped a letter!!

BTW--I think in a couple months you and me are gonna have to lay somethin' down on a game that's comin'!!!!

RK
    That avatar wasn't hating on Farve. It's call humor, just like the "pants on the ground" thing. We love him around here and consider him to be one of us. Had he not been playing against the Saints in the NFC Champ game, the area would have been pulling for him. Heck, even folks from Kiln, Ms were torn as to who to pull for!

I agree, I still hold it will be the Saints v Packers for the entire NFC enchallada. Saints' O is getting healthy and the D is playing awesome.

Bradshaw was my hero growing up and playing.

But what about the "Snake??"

RK
    Ken Stabler? Wow, I haven't heard that in a long time. I remember going to watch them play the Oilers in the Astrodome. Never forget watching Ray Guy tap the rafters with a pooch kick. Of course, they called a dead-ball (not that there was a specific rule in place for when a punter hits the roof of the dome!!) but he then dropped one within the 5 yard line that landed like a dead duck. That guy could play with the ball and make it do whatever he wanted with his foot.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!