The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/nation/womans-head-stepped-on-by-rand-paul-supporte

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually, you said so

I don't think that beating up demonstrators is a hallmark of the Republican Party any more than having Black Panthers at polling places is a hallmark of Democrats. You have been known to paint with a broad brush yourself. In fact, you usually use a roller. That tends to make it difficult to stand on a pedestal when complaining. What wold you have done? It sounds like the campaign aid who did the stomping will have a chance to explain his actions in court.with no help from Ron Paul.
    Actually, that quote was a response to your suggestion that it was so........

What annoys you most is my "roller" is a very fine accurate brush that cuts through the verbosity you rely on to obscure the simple truth.

I'll never forget when YOU called another poster a "blow hard."
    Actually it has happened more than once.

BTW--I was addressing RP's effort to paint, but you must have your painters pants on today, neither of you answered the very simple direct question.

Based on RP's implication here then we have an issue with Muslims.

Anyone want to weigh in on what would have happened if I had been there??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Unbelievable---------So this is what the Republican party is all about?

LEXINGTON, Ky. Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.
    The incident happened Monday night in Lexington right before a debate between Paul and Democratic opponent Jack Conway.

Paul's campaign released a statement calling the altercation "incredibly unfortunate"
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/na...6948.html?4444

Hey, ROG, you forgot the rest of the story:

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/poli...ebate-_5305909

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By: Emily Maxwell
    LEXINGTON, Ky. - Tensions flared at the senatorial candidates' debate here Monday night in two confrontations between Conway and Paul supporters, Lexington police reported.

"The first involved a woman who is a member of www.moveon.org and who was determined to pose in front of Rand Paul holding a sign that read "Rand Paul Republicore: Employee of the Month." According to police, the woman, identified by The Associated Press as Lauren Valle, said she tripped and fell on the ground after someone grabbed her blonde wig off her head.

She was then stepped on by a man wearing a Rand Paul t-shirt. Police say she refused treatment and later filed an assault report. Her identity has not yet been released.

The second occurred after a Conway supporter stepped on the foot of a female Rand supporter, who recently had foot surgery, according to police.

The woman was wearing a surgical boot, but after the injury, her incision was cut open. Police say she refused medical treatment and also filed an assault report.

No arrests were made at the debate broadcast on Kentucky Education Television. No other information is available at this time. Check back with WCPO.com and 9 News for updates."

Holy Schnikees!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

the lefties conveniently leave out that these people were there to heckle and harass rand paul, bringing negative campaign tactics to the masses. though i dont condone their actions, they did ask for it. in the first case i heard the lady was actually charging toward rand - not a bright idea either.

these were not people innocently minding their own business. they were conway supporters and moveon.org terrorists. but of course, the libs on here hail soros as their hero so its all on the up and up in their minds....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    then obviously it was a single act by an individual and has nothing to do with the republican party. ron paul denounced the behavior, as do all of us.

but its ok for black panthers to intimidate white people....
    In my comment, I noted that the republican party was not defined by the actions of those involved in the attack on the woman given that Ron Paul had denounced the action (which was done by campaign staffers). The Black Panther incident in Philadelphia was actually denounced by all parties including the national Black Panther organization. Using the same standard, none of them is responsible for the incident. Are you suggesting that the standards for guilt by association should be different depending on whether you like the groups involved?

I can definitely see the equivalence between two black nit wits standing outside a voting station in a black neighborhood, and two candidate campaign staffers stomping a woman outside a campaign event.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Actually, that quote was a response to your suggestion that it was so........

What annoys you most is my "roller" is a very fine accurate brush that cuts through the verbosity you rely on to obscure the simple truth.

I'll never forget when YOU called another poster a "blow hard."
    Actually it has happened more than once.

BTW--I was addressing RP's effort to paint, but you must have your painters pants on today, neither of you answered the very simple direct question.

Based on RP's implication here then we have an issue with Muslims.

Anyone want to weigh in on what would have happened if I had been there??

RK
    The "quote" that you were a "right wing extremist" was part of an interchange which began when you labeled a number of people as godless progressives. Some of those people objected. I noted that, as an atheist, I had no problem with your terminology just as I assumed from your comments that you had no problem being called a right wing extremist. In your post you agreed that you did not. You also apologized to those who might have been insulted by being called godless and said you would not do that again. Needless to say, you violate that promise each time you label liberals as a group as "secular progressives" incorporating some here who have repeatedly stated that they are not secular.

I have actually called two people blow hards over the last four years that I have been posting on this forum. Would you like to compare that with the number of times you have said someone was "bloviating" or a "bloviator"? The terms are synonyms. The only distinction is that I insult people so rarely that each time sticks in your memory. You do it so regularly that you don't even notice.

I actually asked you what you would have done. I would not pretend to know you well enough to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The "quote" that you were a "right wing extremist" was part of an interchange which began when you labeled a number of people as godless progressives. Some of those people objected. I noted that, as an atheist, I had no problem with your terminology just as I assumed from your comments that you had no problem being called a right wing extremist. In your post you agreed that you did not. You also apologized to those who might have been insulted by being called godless and said you would not do that again. Needless to say, you violate that promise each time you label liberals as a group as "secular progressives" incorporating some here who have repeatedly stated that they are not secular.

I have actually called two people blow hards over the last four years that I have been posting on this forum. Would you like to compare that with the number of times you have said someone was "bloviating" or a "bloviator"? The terms are synonyms. The only distinction is that I insult people so rarely that each time sticks in your memory. You do it so regularly that you don't even notice.

I actually asked you what you would have done. I would not pretend to know you well enough to guess.
    I believe my terms were "pompous" and "verbose."

Both accurate depictions of the person described.

As far as what I would have done at the sight, regardless of who was assaulting who, I would have stuck my nose in to STOP it!!
    Probably using physical force as needed on the aggressor.
    Probably not good, just the way I am wired!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

interesting new video - the woman - wearing a wig (why? - perhaps she is a known pro political terrorist for moveon.org?) charges the car and tries to cram her sign in through the window, making contact with the person in the car. that is assault.

the video also shows the people were only trying to pin her down until police arrived - her head wasnt stomped. the foot was only holding her shoulder down because the guy says he had a bad back and couldnt stay bent over trying to subdue her. she was not stomped or kicked. i have done far worse in citizens arrests i have made and was perfectly within my legal realm.

whether the guys explanation is valid or not, the fact is she rushed the car and crammed the sign in, in disguise, a clear security threat. what if she had a gun or knife?

she got what she deserved. less so, actually. she brought it all upon herself.

Sometimes when you do stupid stuff you get your ass kicked. That's how it works. She was asking for it. I don't think the dude should have stepped on her head. He'll get what is coming to him in court.

The interesting thing is that the republicans will support whatever punishment that guy gets and no one will defend what he did.

The Dems will go down defending their own even when they are wrong.
    Terry Moseley
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    interesting new video - the woman - wearing a wig (why? - perhaps she is a known pro political terrorist for moveon.org?) charges the car and tries to cram her sign in through the window, making contact with the person in the car. that is assault.

the video also shows the people were only trying to pin her down until police arrived - her head wasnt stomped. the foot was only holding her shoulder down because the guy says he had a bad back and couldnt stay bent over trying to subdue her. she was not stomped or kicked. i have done far worse in citizens arrests i have made and was perfectly within my legal realm.

whether the guys explanation is valid or not, the fact is she rushed the car and crammed the sign in, in disguise, a clear security threat. what if she had a gun or knife?

she got what she deserved. less so, actually. she brought it all upon herself.
    Citizen arrests? Really?

She got less than she deserved?

Wow!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)