The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Powerful Ad - Mourning in America

Default Powerful Ad - Mourning in America

There's a new political ad being released nationally today. This is absolutely devastating for Obama.

The ad is a takeoff on one that Reagan used in 1984 when he ran for reelection. His was called
    "Morning in America " and it showed how much better things were for average Americans than what they were when Reagan took office. It starts off with, "It's morning again in America . Today, more men and women will go to work than ever before in our country's history."

Here is the link to the new ad and to the organization that is sponsoring it: http://www.cftr.org/.
    A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

I feel Obama sincerely wants to change the status quo of life in America and Politics in America and fix the vast problems but he has been duped to believe his current allies will help accomplish it. He was naive to believe Congress would side with him in Union, naive to believe he would be treated fairly, naive to believe that you can play nice in a pool full of sharks and last naive to believe CHANGE would be easy without a big stick. I do feel that Obama has made bad appointments to his cabinet (Giethner, Rahm, Summers etc), I think he chose these guys so he would not alienate Congress and could have some bipartisanship to further his agenda but it backfired to a stalemate, the kids were stealing from the cookie jar and he now needs a clean house after a year of fact finding just to regain populist credibility. But then again, this is what we get when we elect a President with no experience, one who spent his one term as a Senator running for President!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I feel Obama sincerely wants to change the status quo of life in America and Politics in America and fix the vast problems but he has been duped to believe his current allies will help accomplish it. He was naive to believe Congress would side with him in Union, naive to believe he would be treated fairly, naive to believe that you can play nice in a pool full of sharks and last naive to believe CHANGE would be easy without a big stick. I do feel that Obama has made bad appointments to his cabinet (Giethner, Rahm, Summers etc), I think he chose these guys so he would not alienate Congress and could have some bipartisanship to further his agenda but it backfired to a stalemate, the kids were stealing from the cookie jar and he now needs a clean house after a year of fact finding just to regain populist credibility. But then again, this is what we get when we elect a President with no experience, one who spent his one term as a Senator running for President!
    Well said.

I thought the ad was laughable.

Apparently Obama caused the financial crisis.

I get it...

By the way Franco, I agree with a lot of what your wrote there.

Tired from shooting roosters in a 50-55 mph wind today. Good night...
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-26-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    but franco - looking at the bad appointments he made - all former cronies of his - dont you think that exposes the real obama as far left? i see it more like he thought once he got his left agenda and cabinet in that all his masses of supporters would continue to swoon and cheer for him, and when he started tripping along the way and they backed off he got angry. i dont think he was duped by far lefties, he has been hanging out with them and other kids with hands in the cookie jar forever - bill ayers and tony rezco for example.

i think he thought mainstream america would embrace his agenda like they embraced his campaign - but that was before the makeup wore off. he is not a centrist and aisle bridger like clinton. the extreme partisanship and lies slowly did him in - all the promises of health care transparency when there was none for example. and now you have an angry president campaigning all over the country with nothing but negativity and finger pointing because he cant campaign on accomplishments. the health care bill is not an accomplishment when the majority of people dont agree with the plan and especially how is was enacted.

if only they had tackled global warming before mid term too, it would have been a splendid addition to the fireworks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo Watson View Post
    There's a new political ad being released nationally today. This is absolutely devastating for Obama.

The ad is a takeoff on one that Reagan used in 1984 when he ran for reelection. His was called
    "Morning in America " and it showed how much better things were for average Americans than what they were when Reagan took office. It starts off with, "It's morning again in America . Today, more men and women will go to work than ever before in our country's history."

Here is the link to the new ad and to the organization that is sponsoring it: http://www.cftr.org/.

It's not devastating to his disciples, they embrace his radical nonsense.

Warm tingley regards........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

From "The Audacity of Hope" in reference to the 2004 elections/initial sessions of the 109th Congress
    "perhaps it was time to put the election behind us, for both parties to store away their animosities and ammunition and, for a year or two at least, get down to governing the country. Maybe that would have been possible had the elections not been so close, or had the war in Iraq not been still raging, or had the advocacy groups, pundits, and all manner of media not stood to gain by stirring the pot. Maybe peace would have broken out with a different kind of White House, one less committed to waging a perpetual campaign—a White House that would see a 51–48 victory as a call to humility (?) and compromise rather than an irrefutable mandate. But whatever conditions might have been required for such a détente, they did not exist in 2005. There would be no concessions, no gestures of goodwill."

Methinks that PBO needs to step off the campaign trail, go back and read his own book.(Maybe they had to publish it in order for him to read it? )
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    but franco - looking at the bad appointments he made - all former cronies of his - dont you think that exposes the real obama as far left? i see it more like he thought once he got his left agenda and cabinet in that all his masses of supporters would continue to swoon and cheer for him, and when he started tripping along the way and they backed off he got angry. i dont think he was duped by far lefties, he has been hanging out with them and other kids with hands in the cookie jar forever - bill ayers and tony rezco for example.

i think he thought mainstream america would embrace his agenda like they embraced his campaign - but that was before the makeup wore off. he is not a centrist and aisle bridger like clinton. the extreme partisanship and lies slowly did him in - all the promises of health care transparency when there was none for example. and now you have an angry president campaigning all over the country with nothing but negativity and finger pointing because he cant campaign on accomplishments. the health care bill is not an accomplishment when the majority of people dont agree with the plan and especially how is was enacted.

if only they had tackled global warming before mid term too, it would have been a splendid addition to the fireworks.....
    I've never agreed with Obama's policies or politics. He does represent the far left. My point was that he was naive with his appointments and his ideology. And, like I stated, I think he is trying to do the best job that he can even if his politics are distructive.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-27-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge