The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I Must Confess

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    That may be, but you would have a difficult time showing cause and effect to such a claim. A Republican controlled Congress, combined with a Democratic President could spark the stock markets. Here is is some information on the historical performance of the Markets under various party rule scenarios.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...n-dorfman.html

A war may be in store for Republican leadership should they prevail with a majority. In years past, they have been able to maintain a very tight grip on their membership. The Tea Party movement is an unknown. In many cases Tea Party candidates were not supported and contested quite vigorously by Republican the Party. Just today Karl Rove came out with a statement that Palin is not fit to be President. As true as that may be, it does demonstrate the rift between traditional party leadership and the Tea Party populist movement. In a nut shell, the Republicans may suffer from the same disarray that has plagued the Dems for years. A very strong and vibrant fringe wing that cannot always be counted on to step in line. It should be interesting.

whoa there...lets be a little more accurate...here is his actual statement

There are high standards that the American people have for it [the presidency] and they require a certain level of gravitas, and they want to look at the candidate and say "that candidate is doing things that gives me confidence that they are up to the most demanding job in the world"... With all due candor, appearing on your own reality show on the Discovery Channel, I am not certain how that fits in the American calculus of "that helps me see you in the Oval Office."
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/com...alin_-_de.html
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That I will be voting for Democrat Charles Melancon in the race for U S Senate over Republican David Vitter!

I've always considered Vitter an empty suit that follows GOP orders in lock-step. I don't think he has ever had an original thought and he is in bed with the religious right.

Whereas, Charlie Melancon is is a free-thinking moderate. He is on record for opposing Obamacare, the Stimulus spending and lobbied hard against the drilling ban in the gulf. Charlie was much more involved with containment and cleanup than Vitter and I think he will accomplish more for the state. Dems accuse him of being too Conservative.

Plus, Charlie is of Cajun decent.
    OMG !!! and Melancon is not going to follow Obama.. conservative with a vote for the bailout... if someone was to kick charlie in the backside, his nose would break off in Obama's U NO WHAT...Just wait till he teams up with The La. Purchase you will really see something .... Geez
    BobbyB
    cajun