The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: I Must Confess

  1. #21
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    With all the moral conviction of the republican-Christian right, how can anyone vote for such a depraved man. (Vitter) I expect that from Godless democrats, but pious republicans???
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,764

    Default

    As much as the Republican would like to own the high grown so to speak, most open-minded thinkers realize that no political party owns that territory.

    I'm not voting against Vitter because he likes prostitutes. I could care less what he does with his private time. I am looking for a good citizen legislature. One that can craft good laws and vote intelligently.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  3. #23
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,168

    Default

    I'm afraid in this election a vote for a Dem is a vote for Obama and should be looked at as so. I don't care if it's for Dog Catcher. Obama is that dangerous. No chance should be taken and a serious message needs to be sent. Align yourself against the will of the people and you are toast. See Pat Buchanan's Op-ed in 10/29/10 World Net Daily.

    Never done it before but pulling the "R" lever regards,
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 10-29-2010 at 05:56 AM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  4. #24
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    In this election a vote for a Dem is a vote for Obama. I don't care if it's for Dog Catcher. Obama is that dangerous. No chance should be taken and a serious message needs to be sent. Align yourself against the will of the people and you are toast.

    Never done it before but pulling the "R" lever regards,
    I have to admit to having a somewhat similar reaction, though in a different direction. When Republicans decided to sacrifice democracy to partisanship by launching trumped up impeachment proceedings against Clinton with strict party line votes, I decided that I would never vite for a Republican again until the party returned to its roots of smaller government, fiscal conservatism, and keeping government out of the lives of citizens to the maximum extent possible. There is no movement in that direction yet.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I have to admit to having a somewhat similar reaction, though in a different direction. When Republicans decided to sacrifice democracy to partisanship by launching trumped up impeachment proceedings against Clinton with strict party line votes, I decided that I would never vite for a Republican again until the party returned to its roots of smaller government, fiscal conservatism, and keeping government out of the lives of citizens to the maximum extent possible. There is no movement in that direction yet.
    Damn Jeff, you sound like a traditional Conservative and not the current conservative movement that has been hijacked by the Evangelicals.

    I'm out of here, we have a Field Trial to host this weekend.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  6. #26
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Damn Jeff, you sound like a traditional Conservative and not the current conservative movement that has been hijacked by the Evangelicals.

    I'm out of here, we have a Field Trial to host this weekend.
    Have a great weekend. I would love to be spending the weekend at a trial but but can't with a still nursing pup.

    Unfortunately, before the R's became captives of the evangelicals, they were captives of the anti-Communists and the "MIC's", as Eisenhower called them (military industrial complex). Ideology is always the enemy of freedom. If you focus on preserving freedom and democracy instead, ideology becomes a personal matter. If someone wants to live as a socialist, let them form a commune. If someone want to live in the woods as a pioneer, let them. Government only needs to be concerned when one man's pleasure is based on taking from another -- whether it be by living on the dole or my using the power of an unrestricted monopoly to pick our pockets (our forefathers recognized the importance of preventing monopolies from gaining power in our economy, as noted by Madison in correspondence with Jefferson).

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Have a great weekend. I would love to be spending the weekend at a trial but but can't with a still nursing pup.

    Unfortunately, before the R's became captives of the evangelicals, they were captives of the anti-Communists and the "MIC's", as Eisenhower called them (military industrial complex). Ideology is always the enemy of freedom. If you focus on preserving freedom and democracy instead, ideology becomes a personal matter. If someone wants to live as a socialist, let them form a commune. If someone want to live in the woods as a pioneer, let them. Government only needs to be concerned when one man's pleasure is based on taking from another -- whether it be by living on the dole or my using the power of an unrestricted monopoly to pick our pockets (our forefathers recognized the importance of preventing monopolies from gaining power in our economy, as noted by Madison in correspondence with Jefferson).
    the last half of the post cant really be Jeff can it??

  8. #28
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    the last half of the post cant really be Jeff can it??
    Maybe the problem is that you are looking for pigeon holes that are too small.

  9. #29
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    the last half of the post cant really be Jeff can it??
    That is a telling comment!

    Perhaps most conservatives would realize that moderate democrats are much closer to the traditional conservative principles than the tea party actually is. Not more than the tea-party portrays itself as, but more than they really are based on corporate ownership and leadership.

    If any blue-collar (or white collar for that matter) worker thinks Dick Armey supports their needs and understands their tribulations....well, lets just say the tea-party propaganda czars earned their salt!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That is a telling comment!

    Perhaps most conservatives would realize that moderate democrats are much closer to the traditional conservative principles than the tea party actually is. Not more than the tea-party portrays itself as, but more than they really are based on corporate ownership and leadership.

    If any blue-collar (or white collar for that matter) worker thinks Dick Armey supports their needs and understands their tribulations....well, lets just say the tea-party propaganda czars earned their salt!
    I would agree with that but mostly just because the tea party (and probably most republicans) are only outraged by government spending when it is a hand out to others. When they are the ones receiving the government money its not an issue. There are some of us conservatives left that realize the constitution appropriated certain areas the federal government can spend and are outraged at all spending outside of that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •