The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bow Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I was afraid I would ruffle some feathers which was not my intent. Down here we are up to our arses in does so filling the freezer is not a problem and yes you do run the risk of passing on an immature buck only to have your neighbor take him. I guess that's a problem everywhere where you can't get your neighbors to follow the same management program that you do.

Wish we could afford high fences regards,
    My feathers are ruffled by the Wis dnr not you. Not only the politcs like stan said. They introduced wolves. So now they have a killing machine out there 24-7-365. They says there bringing them back because they were once native to wis. Well i dont care what the say its all BS anyway. HAVE A GOOD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    My feathers are ruffled by the Wis dnr not you. Not only the politcs like stan said. They introduced wolves. So now they have a killing machine out there 24-7-365. They says there bringing them back because they were once native to wis. Well i dont care what the say its all BS anyway. HAVE A GOOD ONE
    Wildlife Departments have some odd ideas it seems. Up until the last 2 years, Oklahoma encouraged you to take a doe. The only problem was you could only harvest them on "Doe Days" which as I recall was 4 days out of the season. What difference does it make what day you kill them if the established limits are maintained. Now, every day is a doe day.

Go figure, regards
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Wildlife Departments have some odd ideas it seems. Up until the last 2 years, Oklahoma encouraged you to take a doe. The only problem was you could only harvest them on "Doe Days" which as I recall was 4 days out of the season. What difference does it make what day you kill them if the established limits are maintained. Now, every day is a doe day.

Go figure, regards
    The problem with all of them is they do not listen to the men/women out in the field. It is all about the money. The wi dnr is taking a revnure away that supported them for years. Very good buisness practice on the peoples deer that they keep preaching. What a joke!!!!

It's also amazing that both black powder and rifle season in OK (both one week seasons) are almost always during the full moon.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth