The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I have a guy hunting my place and he is showing me a lot of nice pictures of good bucks for our area. Nothing real big but good healthy deer for the Houston area. He shot a doe with his bow a couple days ago and gave me a rear ham and a backstrap. Great trade for me since of love deer meat but don't have the patience to hunt them.

I'm a waterfowl hunter. I'll fight all the eliments to kill a duck or a goose and my resolve gets stronger and stonger the older I get, but can't do the deer hunting.
    No better eating in the world than back straps!!

Cut them into 4' squares, marinate in honey, Lea & Perrins and some red wine.

Grill until brown, slap them babies on a fresh bun.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

i have bow hunted off and on for a few years. killed a couple nothing big. my 9 year old son got a bow for Christmas and he is loving it. we have hunted twice and spooked deer both times. tough to hunt them from the ground with a 9 year old. i am trying to sell some waterfowl shells to buy us a couple of lock ons and him some warm clothing. he is a little gun shy so we may bow hunt all year.

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    i have bow hunted off and on for a few years. killed a couple nothing big. my 9 year old son got a bow for Christmas and he is loving it. we have hunted twice and spooked deer both times. tough to hunt them from the ground with a 9 year old. i am trying to sell some waterfowl shells to buy us a couple of lock ons and him some warm clothing. he is a little gun shy so we may bow hunt all year.
    What kind of shells are you getting rid of?

Gotta love back straps.. I have a buddy who loves deer meat but cant bring himself to shoot a deer. He hunts small game and some waterfowl but growing up they had a deer they raised because the mom became road kill..He nursed her from a very small fawn. So he thinks of Sandy the doe and she lived to 8 before she died..
    Wayne Beck

RIP Moose 2/6/00-1/21/10
    Bull's Harley Road Hog 5/1/10-(in training)
    Bull's Kunte Kinte 11/7/12-

I shoot a Bowtech Admiral FLX 26.5" draw @ 60#'s......Have been waiting on a big buck but haven't gotten a shot yet. Probably will take me a doe this week.

I've kind of lost exact count but I'm somewhere around 60-70 deer and 30 turkeys with archery gear. Been bowhunting since I was 13 years old. I love it. Kind of slacked off a few years doing the dog thing. Honestly, last summer (09)I just kind of realized I wasn't having a great time traveling to all the trials and dog stuff and decided that I needed to back away from it some and focus on what I really love to do(archery). I also realized how many of my bucket list items revolved around bowhunting and how many I could have knocked off of the list for the amount I was spending on dogs I am heading to KS this weekend for one of those bucket list items, a whitetail hunt in KS. Can't wait!

Right now I am shooting a Strother Infinity. Best compound I've ever owned.

BTW, why is this thread in the poli forum?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I've kind of lost exact count but I'm somewhere around 60-70 deer and 30 turkeys with archery gear. Been bowhunting since I was 13 years old. I love it. Kind of slacked off a few years doing the dog thing. Honestly, last summer (09)I just kind of realized I wasn't having a great time traveling to all the trials and dog stuff and decided that I needed to back away from it some and focus on what I really love to do(archery). I also realized how many of my bucket list items revolved around bowhunting and how many I could have knocked off of the list for the amount I was spending on dogs I am heading to KS this weekend for one of those bucket list items, a whitetail hunt in KS. Can't wait!

Right now I am shooting a Strother Infinity. Best compound I've ever owned.

BTW, why is this thread in the poli forum?
    Achiro,
    I have read many of your posts over the last couple years.
    They are always very good.

A bunch of us post here on a regular basis.
    We just kinda hang out here.
    Most of us are not FT's.
    We do run hunt (I run NAHRA, AKC & HRC) and we HUNT a lot.
    We are into dogs and politics.

A few of us have ventured onto the RTF board and didn't care for the way things went.
    Ask an honest question there and some spent a great deal of energy making fun of how stupid you are for not knowing all that they know.
    As fired up as we can get here we have more respect for each other than some display on the main board.

We have our own FFL and talk about tests, politics, life etc.

Welcome and good luck with the list.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

OK, the rut is starting to get going pretty well.
    Cooling down to low 40's upper 30's.
    8 mph favorable wind.

Got a fresh bottle of "Mrs. Doe Pees Doe in Estrus."
    Good smellin' stuff right there!!
    (I just put a little behind each ear and a tad on my wrists!!)

Sorry Elvis, I'm back in my tree this Fri, Sat & Sun.

How bout youse guys?

BTW--I shoot a Bear "Lights Out."
    Weighs 3.7#'s.
    Maxim carbon /graphite shaft arrows.

Fred Bear is the man!
    That's why I got the Bear bow, I am pretty decent with it up to 35 yards.

Good luck everyone with your outdoor activities!!!!

stan b & Elvis
    Stan b & Elvis

10 yards......10 freakin yards!!!!

I was cold, had gloves on,got excited, missfired because of glove over finger.
    Have a slip off finger glove by "Scent Lock" but I forgot.

10 FREAKIN YARDS!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I was cold, had gloves on,got excited, missfired because of glove over finger.
    Have a slip off finger glove by "Scent Lock" but I forgot.
    Wardrobe malfunction?