The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Up with This?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    And David hit's one out of the park! By far the most intelligent thing you've said in a very long time.
    and you quoted out of context like a pro! i guess the comedy channel is educational for you after all

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Since you didn't answer my question, I assume you don't know how much it will actually cost.

Mike Huckabee just quoted the $200 Million a day figure. You will excuse me if I take his word over you, dnf and especially that doofus ds.
    Showing, yet again, that hate is both blind and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Showing, yet again, that hate is both blind and dumb.
    And you have no idea how much it will cost. Can't you admit just once when you don't know the answer to something rather than saying "'cause I said so"? The cost has been reported -right or wrong- by several different places on the net and quoted by Huckabee as well. No one but you has disputed the reports. Doesn't it make sense that someone in the know other than you would have disputed the reports?

So sayith Yardley regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    And you have no idea how much it will cost. Can't you admit just once when you don't know the answer to something rather than saying "'cause I said so"? The cost has been reported -right or wrong- by several different places on the net and quoted by Huckabee as well. No one but you has disputed the reports. Doesn't it make sense that someone in the know other than you would have disputed the reports?

So sayith Yardley regards,
    As I noted in post 14, it is unlikely that anyone will know the true cost because most of those costs would have been paid even if no trip had been made.

There have been many reports of the $200 million per day number throughout the right wing blogosphere -- all with one source: an unnamed, unofficial source in the local Indian government as reported on New Delhi television, where it is not even clear what currency is being quoted or whether the costs are those of the US or also costs being incurred by the Indian government.

What I pointed out is that we have brains for a reason. If I show you a picture of my house and tell you that it cost $50 million to build, you use you brain and your experience and quickly call BS, or at least ask how many hundred acres of land I have to go with the house. Simply figure out how much you have to be spending to spend $200 million per day. As a point of reference, at its peak, the entire US involvement in the Iraq war cost $280 million per day in current costs (i.e. excluding the long term costs of caring for the wounded.) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092102074.html). Of course, that estimate came from opponents of the war who were trying to exaggerate the cost.

But then, you are free to believe what you want, no matter how absurd.

EDIT: RS 200 million/day would be the equivalent of about $4.5 million per day. I suspect (but do not know) that is the number that was being cited on New Delhi television. The cost estimates that I have seen out of India also include the cost of 5,000 Indian police and soldiers assigned specifically to security for the Presidential party. That cost is not being paid by the US.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 11-03-2010 at 09:05 AM.

200 million a day is possible, think about it this way. If the US Govt pays 25.00 for a 5.00 Hammer what percent is the increase?
    Ok now that you have that increase in your head do the same for Jet fuel, cars, rooms, per diem( yes they all get it while on travel), Wages of the people on staff(comp time+travel comp time), So add all those costs up and overpay 5 times or 400% increase for each service and it may come close to that.

Although there is a grain of seriousness in my post please don't take it to bank just a view.

And Yes if you think that is a joke, they also pay 19.99 for a pack of Bic Clik-stic pens. About 4.00 at Wal-Mart. Just food for thought.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Obongolo leaving the country is actually good news. He could actually cost us more money staying here. Sad, sad for a failed presidency.

IThe primary focus of the trip is on counter terrorism and trade. A number of corporate CEOs from US companies will be pitching for greater access to the Indian market. I suspect that a lot of time will also be spent on issues related to Pakistan and China. Indonesia offers an opportunity fo an alternate path of communication with Muslim nations. Korea and Japan will focus largely on trade and issues related to North Korea. A side benefit of the trip will be that it will undoubtedly irritate China at least a little. They would love nothing more than to see the US pulling back on its engagement in Asia.
    Actually, I think it's the primary "justification".
    Here's what the BBC said
    'No big' outcomes expected from Obama's India trip

India is not expecting any "big bang" results from the forthcoming visit of US President Barack Obama, India's Foreign Secretary has said http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11681532said

So what's the real reason? With his supposed concern for healing the planet of climate change of carbon emissions, putting science in it's rightful place, promoting technology etc: Why not utilize a REAL "alternate path of communication with Muslim nations"? Just get PBO & the boys on "GoToMeeting.com save bunch of jet fuel & time traveling?

Besides because you can't party like a rock star with your bizness buds on AF1 after such a tough time of traveling around the US campaigning for the last couple months.

So we're sending "the top 200 evil, greedy capitalist CEO's" who have "colonialized the Third World" (in PBO's views) out to plunder again? Highly doubtful.
    Are we really thinking we're going to get more Indian companies to invest in the US? Not so much. More likely more technology trades like the Clinton/China campaign in the 90's but on energy & space this time. Remember how THAT was all just for peaceful purposes?

In 2008, the two countries signed a deal for civil nuclear co-operation. India gained access to US nuclear technology and fuel in return for inspections of its civilian, but not military, nuclear facilities.

We can't utilize our resources for our own energy dependent country but we'll send it to one of our largest competitors?!?
    "We will see concrete and significant steps in wide range of areas that will expand the long-term strategic framework in a way that we can create productive partnership for the mutual benefit and [will be] equally important to give substantive content and shape to the global strategic partnership," she said.

Anyone want to bet that along for the ride aerospace major corp United Technologies tries to develop more space tech transfers with Indonesia since Obama's past NASA talk and the upcoming last shuttle flight? We give up a leadership role in space concurrent with a trip to one of the largest Musilim countries where the President just recently proposed developing their space program.

Nope, no ironic symbolism there!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

It doesn't matter what he does, you guys will be outraged at every move he makes and every word he utters. Unbelievable. You guys believe that it is possible to spend over a half billion dollars on a 3 day trip. At 3000 people that would come to $67k/person/day. You guys will believe anything.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

As I noted in post 14, it is unlikely that anyone will know the true cost because most of those costs would have been paid even if no trip had been made. I'm sure you are familiar with the term "cost accounting". The war ships they will use to patrol the coast would be doing something else so we don't count that nor do we count the cost associated with all those planes and vehicles for surely they would be doing something else. Oh, and the cost to send those ships from Pearl and the their return doesn't count since they would just be floating around anyway.

There have been many reports of the $200 million per day number throughout the right wing blogosphere -- all with one source: an unnamed, unofficial source in the local Indian government as reported on New Delhi television, where it is not even clear what currency What part of $200 Million don't you understand? It doesn't say Rupees or Euros. is being quoted or whether the costs are those of the US or also costs being incurred by the Indian government.

What I pointed out is that we have brains for a reason. If I show you a picture of my house and tell you that it cost $50 million to build, you use you brain and your experience and quickly call BS, or at least ask how many hundred acres of land I have to go with the house. Simply figure out how much you have to be spending to spend $200 million per day. As a point of reference, at its peak, the entire US involvement in the Iraq war cost $280 million per day in current costs (i.e. excluding the long term costs of caring for the wounded.) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092102074.html). Of course, that estimate came from opponents of the war who were trying to exaggerate the cost.

But then, you are free to believe what you want, no matter how absurd.

EDIT: RS 200 million/day would be the equivalent of about $4.5 million per day. I suspect (but do not know) that is the number that was being cited on New Delhi television. The cost estimates that I have seen out of India also include the cost of 5,000 Indian police and soldiers assigned specifically to security for the Presidential party. That cost is not being paid by the US.
    A couple of comments in bold above. Jeff, $4.5 Million a day would be too much to send this clown anywhere but home for good. That would be a bargain.

I get my haircut on company time 'cause it grows on company time regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I always figured the Imam Obama would build his Presidential library in Kenya but maybe India's in play, too which is the real reason for the Imam's trip there. Lots of countries would love to have his library and he needs to decide soon. I think he's going to Cuba next month.