The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Up with This?

Goose, you said the Obongolo Library? Do you think his countrymen in Kenya can read?

Yardley:
    I would be surprised if the incremental cost of the trip is as large as $20 million, which, by the way, was about the cost, adjusted for inflation, of the last partners' meeting I attended at Ernst & Young where the 4,000 partners booked almost all of Epcot Center for four days.
    Jeff, using your figures ... $20 million/4,000 people/4 days = $1,250 per day per
    person.

I have to believe that the cost per person for a Presidential jaunt like this is going to be more than $1250/day/person. The cost of flying the POTUS just about anywhere is a whole lot more.

I might question $200 million/day ... but it's certainly more than the $20 million. $200 million for the entire trip would work out to $16,666 for 3000 people for 4 days. If the trip is 5 days the cost/day is down to $13,333/day. That doesn't seem like it could be out of the realm of possibility.

That is a feasible number considering the advance personnel who will be in the field for more than the length of a 4-day trip. I believe they also fly the POTUS limo to the locations in a separate aircraft (documentary on TV is the source for that). I believe they also put two Air Force 1 planes in the air, so that one is a "decoy". I don't think we can assume that all other aircraft that might be involved would be in the air if the trip were not occurring. We might still be paying wages, but those planes might very likely be sitting on the ground if they did not have a mission to guard the POTUS.

I don't dispute that India is an important ally in Asia, worthy of a visit from the POTUS. I might dispute that he has to take 2999 other people along with him on the taxpayer's dime.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It doesn't matter what he does, you guys will be outraged at every move he makes and every word he utters. Unbelievable. You guys believe that it is possible to spend over a half billion dollars on a 3 day trip. At 3000 people that would come to $67k/person/day. You guys will believe anything.
    I've said repeatedly, it's about the cost associated with the trip not the person.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs up

Think they would just keep him??? be cheaper on US......
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I've said repeatedly, it's about the cost associated with the trip not the person.
    But then you also said......

M&K's Retrievers;699422]A couple of comments in bold above. Jeff, $4.5 Million a day would be too much to send this clown anywhere but home for good.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    But then you also said......

M&K's Retrievers;699422]A couple of comments in bold above. Jeff, $4.5 Million a day would be too much to send this clown anywhere but home for good.
    And your point is? The point of the thread is the cost and usefulness of the trip. My comment above to Jeff was an opinion of BHO's worthlessness regardless the subject.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

And your point is? The point of the thread is the cost and usefulness of the trip. My comment above to Jeff was an opinion of BHO's worthlessness regardless the subject.
    I think his point is that in the context of that statement, it appears that it is largely about the person.

But I shouldn't speak for him. I have a hard time picking up on stuff sometimes.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think his point is that in the context of that statement, it appears that it is largely about the person.

But I shouldn't speak for him. I have a hard time picking up on stuff sometimes.
    Well said. The context is that without the contempt for the MAN in the White House, the 200 million dollar figure, as Yardley pointed out, would be challenged and quickly disregarded as impossible. The motivating force of this thread seems to be about the Man, not the money.

I don't care if the trip was free, why is he wasting the POTUS time going there?
    What? No smiley face or is that a new medical term? I don't care what it cost, it is a blatant waste of tax payer funds and POTUS time.

I have no problem with the POTUS (any POTUS) traveling in style but when I'm strapped for cash, I don't go. Maybe he should stay at home as well and set a good example. Remember he told people to stay away from Vegas.
    I guess youse guys can't read.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I guess youse guys can't read.
    Mike,

The problem is that you contradict yourself. On one had you say it is about the cost of the trip. On the other you say it is about BHO's worthlessness regardless of the subject. I suspect that the latter explains your willingness to accept and pass on absurd cost quotes (coming from an anonymous provincial official in India) without any assessment of the reasonableness of the information involved. You really don't care about the facts, only about having another stick to beat the drum.