The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Healthcare in the Wrold

Default Best Healthcare in the Wrold

This cannot be, it must be a liberal conspiracy.

http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Senior...tancyFalls.htm
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This cannot be, it must be a liberal conspiracy.

http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Senior...tancyFalls.htm
    You got to look at the bright side. If this trend continues, Social Security will never run out of money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Where did this crapola come from? Think our tax dollars are at work? Where is Sheriff Taylor?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Where did this crapola come from? Think our tax dollars are at work? Where is Sheriff Taylor?
    That seems like a good use of money, understanding our life expentancy in relationship to other countries? Though I don't agree with their approach. seems like they were tring to prove something to start with.

Yes this is true I have heard it from several places. However, I don't think they ruled out things like stress, bad diets...ect... In general Americans live much unheathier lives but that is our choice. I really don't think it is becasue of our healthcare system. Yes 20% of our population gets worse healthcare then in Socialized nations but 80% get better. We have the most advanced and proficient medical system in the world. We just need to control the costs better.

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

For these numbers to be relevant, they must be considered by univariate analysis in regards to the countrie's "twinkie index". (# twinkies sold/population)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    For these numbers to be relevant, they must be considered by univariate analysis in regards to the countrie's "twinkie index". (# twinkies sold/population)
    Weren't they getting at that in this paragraph?

In terms of obesity, researchers found that, while people in the U.S. are more likely to be obese, this was also the case in 1975, when the U.S. was not so far behind in life expectancy. In fact, even as the comparison countries pulled ahead of the U.S. in terms of survival, the percentage of obese men and women actually grew faster in most of those countries between 1975 and 2005.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

The article does not get specific about how far behind ... it gives a placement for men, going from "x" to "y" compared to other countries on the list, but it does not give the actual decrease. For example, if US men went from an expectancy of 60.4 years to 60.3 years, while some other country stayed at its previous level of 60.6 years ... the other country may not have improved, but simply stayed the same; or it could have also decreased to 60.5 years, but got a higher placement on the list compared to 60.3 years.

We do know that certain countries (attributed to either diet or genetics) have had better resistance to such things as heart/artery disease. African-Americans are particularly susceptible, as I recall, to heart/artery disease. If our percentage of African-Americans is higher than Belgium, then we would expect that higher percentage to impact the overall longevity figures more than in Belgium.

I'd like to see more of the specifics to make a fair evaluation of the results.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I just noticed my spelling in the title. Nice. The flu bug that bit me must have been effecting my brain yesterday. I took my temp when I got home and discovered that my brain was getting fried!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I just noticed my spelling in the title. Nice. The flu bug that bit me must have been effecting my brain yesterday. I took my temp when I got home and discovered that my brain was getting fried!
    i dont think you can blame it on the flu....