The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

Default Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

Red Skelton Pledge of Allegiance
    After I watched this . . . all I could do was sit here with my mouth open. Just think, he said this forty (40) years ago (1969), and no one had a clue where we would be at today. What a wonderful and worthwhile clip to watch and share. Length:4:19

Worth watching.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs up

WOW !!! VERY moving
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Wow!!!!!! Makes you think.

Most amazing that so long ago, he anticipated that adding the words "under God" would make some people claim the Pledge was a "prayer" and be removed from schools.

It occurred to me recently that the words "under God" could have a meaning not often attributed to them ... "under God" can also mean "not above God". Essentially, saying that govt or a country should not take on a godly character, or envision itself as a god. Of course our legislators must not take it that way ... they seem to like playing god with the rest of us.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Got another link? I refuse to join Facebook, so I can't see it.

Sorry, Duck, I got it off facebook & didn't realize the link would require being a member there.

I found it on YouTube.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM

Just search YouTube and search for Red Skelton Pledge of Allegiance.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I had the privilege of seeing Red perform live in 1978 or 79 in Tulsa, OK at their fine arts theater as part of a banking convention. It was one of the finest nights of live performance I have ever seen - not a single cuss word or off color joke. He ended the show with his version of the pledge. It was very moving; lights dimmed (with patriotic music in the background) and quite a contrast to the side splitting laughter that characterized the rest of his show.

I remember it like yesterday, it made quite an impression.
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988
    Waterproof Field Trial and AKC Hunt Test Judges Sheets since 1987

There were some other skits of his on YouTube where I found the pledge of allegiance clip. I remember watching him on TV as a kid ...

Back in the mid-60s Lenny Bruce was making headlines for getting arrested for his stand-up comedy using all kinds of 4-letter words. I saw some clips back then, and he really didn't seem to really be that funny ... but he got the headlines.

At the same time Bill Cosby's comedy albums were also very popular. I noticed how he could take his childhood experiences and have people laughing till it hurt without ever having to use any 4-letter words. And his "Noah & the Ark" is still hilarious. Bob Newhart had a different style than Cosby, but also could do the same.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com