The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Olberman suspended by MSNBC

But officer, the guy ahead of me was driving even faster. Why did you pull me over?
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

I find this forced contribution stuff funny - if you signed the contract it indicated you willing to prostitute your self .

At one time it was very fashionable to give to the needy & we were all hit for a donate. I brought in a sack of dog food & a sack of cat food as I felt they were the most vulnerable & the most needy. Had some really mad bosses .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I find this forced contribution stuff funny - if you signed the contract it indicated you willing to prostitute your self .

At one time it was very fashionable to give to the needy & we were all hit for a donate. I brought in a sack of dog food & a sack of cat food as I felt they were the most vulnerable & the most needy. Had some really mad bosses .
    Actually it was not in the partnership agreement, but was a decision of the board of partners and compliance was made part of the process of partner evaluation for future compensation adjustments (which regularly went both up and down). I negotiated that I would contribute more than the amount stipulated in payments directly to Democrats where the firm's PAC felt it was appropriate. I avoided writing checks directly to the PAC after the first year and never sent money to someone I was not willing to support. It did force a substantial increase in my political donations.

EDIT:
    That was far from the only thing I ever did as a partner that made me feel dirty. That contributed to the fact that I left after 12 years. As it turned out, I would have been forced out shortly after anyway since the SEC forced the firms to eliminate their consulting practices.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 11-05-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmm. Democrats upholding an ethics policy. Olberman get canned for giving a legal 2400 to his candidate. Fox News company donates a million and is still on the air as a "news" station? I see the double standard. Hypocrisy. Typical.
    That's strikingly similar to General Electric contributing to President Obama's campaign while they own NBC.

Eric

Do all of the Fox News bashers actually believe the coverage on Fox during the election coverage Tuesday remotely compares to the blatant and pitiful display of media bias that was displayed on MSNBC? Please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Do all of the Fox News bashers actually believe the coverage on Fox during the election coverage Tuesday remotely compares to the blatant and pitiful display of media bias that was displayed on MSNBC? Please!!!!
    I watch them even less than I watch Fox. However, I do watch CNBC for financial news during the day, turning them off as soon as the screaming idiots start their work. For election coverage I watched CNN and follow http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/ which seems to still be doing a great job despite being purchased by the NY Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    That's strikingly similar to General Electric contributing to President Obama's campaign while they own NBC.

Eric
    Not only that, they gave thousands to Boehner, Sen Burr (R-NC), Sen Bunning, Vitter, and many others. Most of their contributions are funneled through their PAC and go to both Dems and Reps who are typically incumbents in positions of power that could affect GE's business interests.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Not only that, they gave thousands to Boehner, Sen Burr (R-NC), Sen Bunning, Vitter, and many others. Most of their contributions are funneled through their PAC and go to both Dems and Reps who are typically incumbents in positions of power that could affect GE's business interests.
    Care to guess how much FOX News personalities Hannity, Palin, Beck, and Huckabee donated and raised for candidates and the RNCC and RNSC?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Jeff, I'll save you the trouble of trying to figure that out on your own.

Rachel does it again...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#40036897

Fair and balanced, for sure!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Jeff, I'll save you the trouble of trying to figure that out on your own.

Rachel does it again...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#40036897

Fair and balanced, for sure!
    ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth