The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Politics of Polling

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    There is no question that Republicans made major gains in the House and minor gains in the Senate. With their major gains in the House, the Republicans may have their largest house majority since the 1946 election.....

Sadly, I am forced to think of the yappy dog chasing the car down the street.
    O.K., you caught the car. Now are you just going to pee on a tire, or are you
    Able to drive it out of the ditch?
    I am hoping the yappy dog can drive ‘cause I’m stuck in the back seat here.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

[quote=dnf777;700902]Yes, so I expect EVERY American who wants to work will have a job by New Years, the deficit will be erased, the debt will begin to decline, abortions will be at an all time low, as will crime, welfare, foodstamps, and the trade deficit.

Sounds like exactly what Dems thought would happen When Osama was elected.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Yes, so I expect EVERY American who wants to work will have a job by New Years, the deficit will be erased, the debt will begin to decline, abortions will be at an all time low, as will crime, welfare, foodstamps, and the trade deficit. So far, I've been disappointed with the Speaker-elect, who has done NOTHING to effect the above changes. (except blow snot bubbles in public)
    Are you sure your not DS in disguise?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Sadly, I am forced to think of the yappy dog chasing the car down the street.
    O.K., you caught the car. Now are you just going to pee on a tire, or are you
    Able to drive it out of the ditch?
    I am hoping the yappy dog can drive ‘cause I’m stuck in the back seat here.

Yappy Dog- a perfect description of the Republican Party for the last 2 years. Only this dog weighs 150 lbs and bites!

Banned

Yes, so I expect EVERY American who wants to work will have a job by New Years, the deficit will be erased, the debt will begin to decline, abortions will be at an all time low, as will crime, welfare, foodstamps, and the trade deficit. So far, I've been disappointed with the Speaker-elect, who has done NOTHING to effect the above changes. (except blow snot bubbles in public)
    No doubt. Isn't that what happened last time they won? Aren't they touting the same objectives?

Yes, so I expect EVERY American who wants to work will have a job by New Years, the deficit will be erased, the debt will begin to decline, abortions will be at an all time low, as will crime, welfare, foodstamps, and the trade deficit.
    Wow, you aren't even going the let the 112th actually convene & get sworn in before they have to save the country/world from the "spineless do--nothing"??
    You would prefer that the legislation is already pre-packaged from some lobbying group for PBO's vetos? It might take the House that long to actually read one of their bills before it's voted on. Wouldn't that be a novel concept for an incoming Congress?

So far, I've been disappointed with the Speaker-elect, who has done NOTHING to effect the above changes. (except blow snot bubbles in public)
    The Speaker-elect is probably still trying to get the gavel disinfected/sterilized from where it's been inserted for close to 2 years. Maybe you could help him w/ that?!?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Wow, you aren't even going the let the 112th actually convene & get sworn in before they have to save the country/world from the "spineless do--nothing"??
    You would prefer that the legislation is already pre-packaged from some lobbying group for PBO's vetos? It might take the House that long to actually read one of their bills before it's voted on. Wouldn't that be a novel concept for an incoming Congress?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

The Speaker-elect is probably still trying to get the gavel disinfected/sterilized from where it's been inserted for close to 2 years. Maybe you could help him w/ that?!?
    I agree with your sentiment. I felt the same way when Obama was being blamed for things that happened the day after the election, and even the month before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

I agree with your sentiment. I felt the same way when Obama was being blamed for things that happened the day after the election, and even the month before.
    Tow things the modern republican party has excelled at... Blaming and Cheating. No wonder they are so successful in politics.

Speaking of polling ... I got a call yesterday as part of a Rasmussen poll

Jeff, while the pure number of seats shifted may not be any more earth-shattering than previous shifts ... the Ds still had control of the Senate since 2006 (when the housing industry started to trend downward ... though only Realtors® may have been close enough to see the change beginning ... if anyone had bothered to ask us).

More significant, perhaps, is that among the D majority they could not get stuff done, not just because of "yapping" Rs, but also because not all Ds were in favor of the agendas proposed.

While we complain about the Rs always saying "no" ... would everyone have been happier if the Rs just said "okay" to whatever the Ds wanted? If we think that there is little difference between Rs and Ds (which has been discussed, and may be true in many ways), then such acquiescence would have proved it without any remaining doubt. One-party systems without a place for opposition, is not our American nature. It is the nature of a republic to protect the rights of the minorities, even when the majority is in power.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.