The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Floridian suggestion for the POTUS.

Default A Floridian suggestion for the POTUS.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "great ideas can be implemented, as long as we aren't fighting over who's taking credit for them." Try this one on for size, Mr. President.

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg, Florida, Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President: please find below my suggestion for fixing America’s economy.
    Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan": There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage--housing crisis fixed.

P.S. Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

Did you or BBG have a hand in concocting this, HEW? Certainly deserves consideration. Hope that new caucus of TEA party conservatives think about it.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

What a bargain....only $40 trillion!! (For reference, total GDP for the US is less than $15 trillion and total annual Federal spending is about $3 trillion).

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    What a bargain....only $40 trillion!! (For reference, total GDP for the US is less than $15 trillion and total annual Federal spending is about $3 trillion).

This was only the 3rd or 4th time this had been presented on RTF. It was supposed to be for the newbies, but you had to blow it.

It's almost impossible for you to keep your ego under control, isn't it?

Must you constantly try to impress everyone with your know-it-all erudition?

It must be fun trying to get a puch line in among your circle, if you had heard that particular joke before.

Does anal retentive have any meaning for you? (BTW, should that be hyphenated?)

I know you are just dying to answer all the above so as to further impress all your toadies on board.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    This was only the 3rd or 4th time this had been presented on RTF. It was supposed to be for the newbies, but you had to blow it.

It must be fun trying to get a punch line in among your circle, if you had heard that particular joke before.

I know you are just dying to answer all the above so as to further impress all your toadies on board.

UB
    If he doesn't, his Siamese twin who's joined at the lip, dnf666, will answer very shortly.

If you want to draw out the suckers, you have to post up something with numbers that aren't so easy to do in you head.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Uncle Bill,

What did I tell ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

It must be fun trying to get a puch line in among your circle, if you had heard that particular joke before.

UB
    And here I only remembered one time when you posted it, in March 2009, when Steve Sabirely quickly pointed out your math error. If you want to post (or repost) stupid claims, you should probably stick to right wing only sites. Thoese people will believe anything. Look at the on-going stories about trips costing $200 million per day..

As for simple sandyg, it would be difficult for her to ruin a forum in which she has yet to make a substantive comment. I see her like the signs you sometimes see embedded in sidewalks in cities where companies mark their property lines so that building set backs don't result in loss of the land. She simply feels compelled to keep repeating her admonishment that we get off her internet, hoping to build a case for ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

As for simple sandyg, it would be difficult for her to ruin a forum in which has yet to make a substantive comment.
    I'm leaving him or her alone. Not worth the hassle. Probably a little kid with no parental guidance, judging by the way he/she acts. I just assumed it was a pencil-necked twerp, but guess I shouldn't be so gender-biased when it comes to A-holes!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm leaving him or her alone. Not worth the hassle. Probably a little kid with no parental guidance, judging by the way he/she acts. I just assumed it was a pencil-necked twerp, but guess I shouldn't be so gender-biased when it comes to A-holes!
    I just figured based on her posts that she was this person, sandyg from sandyg.com, home of the glitzy gsls....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    If he doesn't, his Siamese twin who's joined at the lip, dnf666, will answer very shortly.
    Such class. Amazing!