The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Floridian suggestion for the POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm leaving him or her alone. Not worth the hassle. Probably a little kid with no parental guidance, judging by the way he/she acts. I just assumed it was a pencil-necked twerp, but guess I shouldn't be so gender-biased when it comes to A-holes!
    So you deleted 2 posts and this is the one you stuck with? Way to keep it out of the gutter.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Its not glamorous, but it is one of the few areas of medicine where we can actually CURE cancer, and one of the best examples of PREVENTING cancer through screening colonoscopies beginning at age 50. We have seen a ~70% reduction in colon cancer deaths in groups who have been screened. (it is still currently the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths)

Also, as you mentioned, it can be one of the most painful areas of the body otherwise. Fissures, hemorrhoids, abcesses, ulcers..... When something is really annoying or painful, its not called a "pain in the thyroid", is it?

Besides, we all have to deal with A-holes on a daily basis.....I just get paid for it.
    Reminds me of the time when several of our regular crew were having a few at our favorite establishment. One of the guys called "Nurse. Nurse" when asking for another refreshment. The server politely came over and said "O'Shea, I'm a waitress not a nurse. A nurse only has to look at one a$$ hole at a time". I don't think he ever called a waitress "Nurse" again.

Dallas Cowboys blow regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    So you deleted 2 posts and this is the one you stuck with? Way to keep it out of the gutter.
    I'm sorry officer, it won't happen again.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Just from reading the typing style, I feel that SandyG is a Man. Probably 37-47, white and at least 240lbs.
    I could be very wrong, but that is what I get just from reading.
    Using my telepathetic ability.
    Who is closest SandyG, David, Jeff or Me?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Ken's the winner! I only wish I had a retriever related book or DVD to send to you!
    Donít get excited big feller, not like I want to pick out curtains or anything.
    Said I could see through you, see to the real you. Not that I liked you.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

It was obvious for those who bothered to do the math, that this proposal was not a step ahead ... but

How many people over age 70 are still holding full-time jobs as employees? How many people over the age of 67? I'd wager there are a LOT of people still working at age 67. It's no secret that someone who's been earning $40K most of their life probably doesn't have much pension or savings to add to SS income.

Private industry has often used "early buyouts" to reduce their workforce to save dollars. There may be some virtues in looking at this kind of plan in a modified version.

Those same people who continue to work after age 65, in lower middle-income brackets, have no doubt also deferred consumer purchases which would otherwise be reasonable for them to make.

Since those same people are still vigrous enough to hold a full-time job, one should not "waste" such a mandatory requirement, but rather mobilize these people into volunteer services. Think of how they could assist overwhelmed childrens' services or other parts of our charitable system. Many of them might be very willing to put their efforts into these kinds of charitable services if they were not compelled to hold a full-time job. Even consider that the benefit of their experience could be used as trainers for new employees in their old jobs after their "buyouts".

Such a program would be of temporary nature to solve a temporary problem. The baby boomer generation has been the largest population group throughout their lives. This would open up jobs in lower income levels where the unemployed are most likely to be the ones who would be most likely to need social services to subsist. Better to get these people back to work constructively than have them adapt to relying on social services. The older workers who get the "buyout" have already led working lives and are not likely to "change their spots" after an early-retirement "buyout".

I'm not one who believes in increasing our "entitlement" programs, but this one would be temporary. I've been accused before of having "off-the-wall" ideas, so this one might fit into that category. BTW, since I'm self-employed I do not stand to benefit from such a program .
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.