The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GW Bush to be interviewed by Matt Lauer

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I agree. Much more so than the current occupant but I doubt he would ever get close to a duck blind.
    While I wouldn't argue strongly with what you say, I would point out one tiny difference. Obama is currently mired in his decisions and problems. It is one thing to reflect upon one's mistakes, but to go around constantly self-deprecating would have adverse effects on his leadership. I have heard him at press dinners etc...comment on have screwed a few things up, but I'd give him a chance to finish at least one term before asking him to critically self-evaluate publically. I hope PRIVATELY, he is capable of admitting errors.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    They do not openly give millions to political parties like Fox does.
    Please cite a specific example of FoxNews "giving millions to political parties..."

The wording of your sentence itself is curious. Since there are but two parties, are you claiming that FoxNews gives to both? The use of the plural of party seems to imply that.

And, before you come back with the tired old saw about Roger Ailes, owner of FoxNews, please be prepared to address the political contributions of General Electric, owner of NBC. If we're to discuss this, it should be fair and balanced...doncha think?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Please cite a specific example of FoxNews "giving millions to political parties..."

The wording of your sentence itself is curious. Since there are but two parties, are you claiming that FoxNews gives to both? The use of the plural of party seems to imply that.

And, before you come back with the tired old saw about Roger Ailes, owner of FoxNews, please be prepared to address the political contributions of General Electric, owner of NBC. If we're to discuss this, it should be fair and balanced...doncha think?

Eric
    You will find very few political contributors who don't hedge their bets by donating to multiple parties (or candidates). This is common practice.

General Electric is a hugely diversified corporation. News Corp. does news.

But hey, if you're advocating limiting the corporate purchase of elections, I'm with ya!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!