Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank God Our Systems Protect Us From Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    What? little black sambo
    Sam and Bo both are yellow

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

Example: I could put $100 in Barney Franks G-String and the next day it buys a pair of shoes and the shoe merchant makes $50 and then pays his wholesaler that make $25 dollars and then the wholesaler pays the leather company that makes $12.50 and the cowboy makes $6.25.

Taxes then get payed on $93.75 at 35% so the fed gets $32.81 back. That is how it works and works well. So many of our jobs are the result of government spending. Now if you cut taxes, they have less to spend so they have to cut spending, which eliminates jobs, but maybe makes a few somewhere else as long and who got the savings spends.

Low interest rates lower debt cost and give people more money to spend as long as they don't cause other varibles cost to increase.

Our problem right now is that we had been employing many buy building houses and commercial buildings. That has stopped and until this market digest the surplus, these jobs are not coming back and the people displaced are going to struggle to find work and probablly need to recreate their skills. Right now based on our current real estate portfolio here at my bank, my guess is that it needs 2 more years to get on solid footing and then maybe 2 more years before any notable new constrution will occur and Houston is the least damaged by this fallout. The truth sucks and no polititian can fix it.

We have a president that feels the pain and knows that now is not the time to cut spending and providing assistance with unemployment insurance buys time for people to recreate their skills, and yes there is abuse but not near as much as you think. Their is a lot of people hurting and we all enjoyed the last 20 years but now we paying up and some are more than others. So it makes me sick when I listen to some spin doctor spin the blame at people that are trying to help and it makes me sicker when those than are more fortunate don't get it or better yet ignore it.
    FIXED!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    FIXED!!!

RK
    Funny!!!!!

Wrong answer!

Borrow with rich dollars and pay it back with cheap.

Of course you would say wrong answer, you are in the business of lending money!

Money has been cheap for most of this decade and look what it has done to housing in many parts of the country.

Oh, an congrats on the Open fouth in a large trial, I know the feeling.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Why the heck should the gov't get any of the money?? Give me one good reason.
    Redistribution of wealth= theft is not a good answer.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Luvy... you do drive on the Interstate system somewhere don't you? You want the Gov to fight the terrorists there, rather than here, don't you?
    So just Imagine ... thats where yer money goes.
    I know mine goes many places I don't agree with.
    Try to lighten up a little...try to forget that at one time you lived in a bad situation. You don't anymore. It's not worth the apoplexy.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Of course you would say wrong answer, you are in the business of lending money!

Money has been cheap for most of this decade and look what it has done to housing in many parts of the country.

Oh, an congrats on the Open fouth in a large trial, I know the feeling.
    Thanks! It was a Open Second though.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Let's spend a minute on redistribution of weath. If everyone could keep everything they earned, in a very short time only a few would have all the wealth. Furthermore, many of the things we enjoy would not exist because no one would pay for them because the cost of interstare hwy, airports, military are so massive that people would not build them. The system is set of progressivly because the higher earners use these public works more that the lower income earners. Sounds fair. Obviously being able to keep more of ones earnings is a good thing. However, most of us don't see any direct benefit, so it angers us when we see someone else get it. However, we see it inderectly when we purchase food that came from farmers that received assistance, jobs that were created from that assistance, money spent on things that created more jobs from that assitance. Most times it does not seem fair.

It is like running field trials. Many times you get bad breaks given the time your dog runs, wind changes, poor visability, etc., but the judges do their best to make it fair. However, if you play enough, you will get some of the lucky breaks.

This is how you need to look at it. Someone down on their luck is getting help with your tax dollars, but there might come a time, hopefully not, that you need a hand.

Thanks! It was a Open Second though.
    Oops, I meant 2nd place. Ours was a second place in a 110 dog Open(Special) at N Dakota a couple of Summers ago. I just wish the dog didn't have a bad hip and retired early.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Oops, I meant 2nd place. Ours was a second place in a 110 dog Open(Special) at N Dakota a couple of Summers ago. I just wish the dog didn't have a bad hip and retired early.
    That is hard part about this game. They finally get it all together and then the injuries start happening. But given what we put them through, I'm suprised there aren't more injuries.

Thanks for the kudos! I'm still on cloud nine!