The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufo?????????????????

Banned

Default Ufo?????????????????

LOS ANGELES U.S. officials said Tuesday they had no clue what could have created a mysterious plume that streaked across the sky off the Southern California coast Monday night, but they said they didn't think there was any threat to the United States.
    Speculation immediately arose that some sort of missile may have been fired after Los Angeles TV station KCBS videotaped the spectacular trail from one of its traffic helicopters.
    Marine Col. Dave Lapan, a spokesman for the Defense Department, said the Pentagon was talking to the Federal Aviation Administration and other government agencies but that "so far, we've come up empty with any explanation."
    The North American Aerospace Defense Command, the joint U.S. -Canadian agency that monitors the skies for possible air attacks, said it was aware of the report but was "unable to provide specific details."
    "There is no indication of any threat to our nation," NORAD said in a statement.
    The Boeing Co. occasionally launches aircraft from San Nicolas Island, off the California coast, as part of its anti-missile laser testing programs, but Daniel Beck, a spokesman for the company, said Boeing wasn't involved.
    NASA and the Defense Missile Agency did not immediately respond to requests for information.
    Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at Harvard University who tracks suborbital launches, said that while the contrail appeared similar to those left in missile test launches, the more likely explanation was that it was simply a standard aircraft contrail that was captured on video from an unusual airborne angle.
    Other scientists and satellite observers, neanwhile, said the contrail appeared to be moving too slowly to be the result of any sort of missile launch.

When I was stationed at Ft. Bliss, we would often see vertical contrails very early in the morning to the north. They would intersect a horizontal contrail with a small puff of smoke. Then we would hear about another successful THAAD-missile test.

Other days, we would see a vertical contrail that became "corkscrew" in nature, and an un-adulterated horizontal trail that kept going. We wouldn't hear anything on the news those days.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

George Bush did it.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    George Bush did it.
    Bill Clinton was president at the time, but I think the THAAD system was authorized under Bush I. It was largely felt to be obsolete before its roll out date.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

right now someone is in CYA mode and whatever agency is responsible is figuring out how to spin what evidence is already captured on video...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Great article.

This story will open a whole other can o'worms for the conspiracy nuts: chemtrails.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post

Well there you go ruining my theory of a secret Air Force Airborne Laser test that failed, again, in southern California.....

More....

http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-...ays-flight-808

This guy has named the flight that caused the contrail.

Eric