The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: This is Interesting

Default This is Interesting

This kind of thing is one of the issues we never discuss, though SCOTUS gets some attention.

But Obama will have an opportunity to shape the military into his liking.
    Is this good or bad?

Will people like Bill Ayers, Rahm Emanuel & Elana Kagen be our new military leaders?
    Or will proven militarists be appointed?

With absolutely no experience whatsoever with the function of the military, what will he do?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl..._lnk3%7C183191

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 11-10-2010 at 08:02 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

as much as the liberal left would like to transform the military in the US, they also realize that the strength of the US and its Military force is like having the biggest,badazz dog on the block...that no one dare mess with you

Presidents have tried to change the military since the founding of our country, but the culture of the military has always resisted the changes because the military hierarchy remains intact and will outlive a presidential admin here and there that is less than sympathetic and supportive of them...

the current POTUS has more on his plate domestically and in his quest to secure a second term,the shaping of the military is way low on the priority list
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    as much as the liberal left would like to transform the military in the US, they also realize that the strength of the US and its Military force is like having the biggest,badazz dog on the block...that no one dare mess with you

Presidents have tried to change the military since the founding of our country, but the culture of the military has always resisted the changes because the military hierarchy remains intact and will outlive a presidential admin here and there that is less than sympathetic and supportive of them...

the current POTUS has more on his plate domestically and in his quest to secure a second term,the shaping of the military is way low on the priority list
    Bon, you might want to read the article:
    "In the next several months, the secretary of defense and four of the six uniformed members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are expected to retire."

That's 5 of the top 7 guys.

I would say that is a rare chance to make huge changes in the organization.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Bon, you might want to read the article:
    "In the next several months, the secretary of defense and four of the six uniformed members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are expected to retire."

That's 5 of the top 7 guys.

I would say that is a rare chance to make huge changes in the organization.

RK
    I read the article before I commented, and even though it may be an anomaly that all those Generals and Sec.Gates are leaving the military is bigger than the Joint Chiefs of Staff...those guys are more administrators and in reality the liason between the military and the politicians..the rank and file and the culture of the military has adapted to changes in political ideology
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"