The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best suggestion yet!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I really wish I hadn't read this garbage. At least I wouldn't be pissed off this morning.

I can't believe you posted this trash, you ignorant b@st@rd. ........snipped
    whoa duck calm down there, let it flow.plenty of us on the other side of 50 that dont feel that way.

proud father of 23 and 25 yr old college grads that didnt vote for obama.

I too have voted in every election since I turned 18. Although I agree that there are too many young adults as UB described, I'd hesitate to generalize that they're all like that and that none should vote. I have earned my own money since I was 13, worked while in school and summers, paid my own way through college, and bought a house when I was 22 (probably the only sound financial decision I made back then ).

As for your smoking stats, Yardley....the majority of us of a certain age (born prior to 1965) were probably born to smoking, drinking mothers and some of us turned out pretty well. I wonder if low birth rate of babies born to smoking mothers, is as detrimental to their adult health as obesity?

The really sad thing is the stats taken of various age groups and demographics. Look up who can't name their own congressmen and senators; don't know who the vice president is but they could spout off every detail about Lindsay Lohan's arrest record, who won 2008 American Idol, Kanye West's latest hit single...and they vote.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

As pointed out earlier, I think this tendency is more of a reflection of the education, or lack thereof, those young voters had.
    My daughters are in that age range and don't make their voting decisions based on catchy slogans or whether a candidate is "cute" or not, was on MTV etc. Working, going to school and saving for their futures, they're out there acting more responsible in their lives than the majority of politicians they're given the choice of voting for.

But beyond that, singling our any demographic of voting results and then proposing the disenfranchisement of their voice in our republic threatens us all.
    Who would you then take the vote away from because you don't like the way they pushed the button or filled in the dot?

So if women overwhelmingly vote a certain way, would you say there goes the 19th, because they primarily think with the emotional side of there brain ?
    I'm sure the proposer of this 26th repeal wouldn't be happy with the way blacks voted, so no more 15th either.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Holy schnickes! You must have used the butt end of one to light the next from sun up to sun down. That must have been a biatch to quit. Good for you.
    Let's put it this way.....when you smoke 4 1/2 packs a day (> one pack per day at age 12), there is no way to simply cut back. I would never leave the house without six packs in my briefcase since I never knew if I might have a really late night at work and I had encountered the perils of looking for a pack of cigarettes in Manhattan at 2-3 AM on a few occasions. I bought four cartons of cigarettes every weekend, knowing I would have to buy a few more packs to get through the week. When I finally quit it was cold turkey after spending a day in the hospital with my father as we waited for the results of his angiogram which showed that he would need seven by-passes with smoking as his only significant risk factor.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    As pointed out earlier, I think this tendency is more of a reflection of the education, or lack thereof, those young voters had.
    Very true. Sadly, the public education available to most of most of those under 35 was fomented to babysit those whose parents neither knew how nor cared about raising a child. Standards of learning were dumbed down for the lowest common denominator, so the stupid and slow could feel good about themselves at the expense of the best and brightest. It's a tribute to good parenting and ability to learn despite the odds, that anyone under 30 believes that they, not the government is responsible for paying for them to own a car, cell phone, flat screen TV, nice home, and take care of their children. Far too many expect someone else to pay for these things.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    LOL. A little over-wrought don't ya think?

Since you're drawing lines in the generational sand, FWIW, 2 out of 3 of your peeps voted for Obama and a plurality of UB's peeps voted for McCain.
    NO, I don't think so. I think that it is bullshit that UB wants to repeatedly place the blame on other people, incorrectly, when it's all of our fault. I guess that's just too hard to admit.

Oh...out of MY peeps, you'd be hard pressed to find 2 Obama voters, period.

you will all notice that we haven't heard from UB since he posted this......

he just likes to throw a big pot of sh!t on to boil, gives it a stir and leaves the house so he doesn't have to smell it.

that's his MO, thread after thread, always has been!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

You're correct Paul.

Do you think that he really believes that it is a good idea to restrict who can vote by age? If so, that is absolutely disgusting. I have lost a fair amount of what respect I did have for UB today.

All the statistic show that the youth vote never matters, because most don't vote. This BS was generated by a thought that the republicans lost because the youth voted.

I wish more would vote, because they probablly have a better handle on this fastly changing world, but it is not important to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post

Screw you and your cut and paste bullshit, UB.
    Come on Duck. Just admit everything is your fault, and move on.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!