The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: You can salute it, but don't fly it

Default You can salute it, but don't fly it

http://www.kcra.com/news/25754519/detail.html

It might cause racial tension!

Ours flies HERE!!! Theirs should fly THERE !!! I dont care about being politically correct !!

Real simple.

I'd fly the flag and refuse to take it down. Whomever wants it taken down would have to physically remove me from in front of it, then it would be on! I doubt anyone that spineless would want any part of that, however.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Real simple.

I'd fly the flag and refuse to take it down. Whomever wants it taken down would have to physically remove me from in front of it, then it would be on! I doubt anyone that spineless would want any part of that, however.
    We've found common ground! Woo Hoo!!
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

What ! This doesn't Piss anybody else off, C'mon. Stand up for God sake!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Reddog View Post
    What ! This doesn't Piss anybody else off, C'mon. Stand up for God sake!!!!!
    This does piss me off to no end.... I would have told my child that if someone (school offical) told him to take the flag off; just leave school, go home, and call me....

It would be on like donkey kong

I certainly hackled up when I read about it. The political correctness climate has turned this country into a nation of pantywaists. If a bunch of gang banger illegals and anchor babies get upset over an American displaying a U.S. flag, does anyone really think punishing the flag bearer is going to make them all nice folks that like us? :::eyeroll:::
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

school flip flopped, kid may keep flag on bike. just on fox news.....
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    If a bunch of gang banger illegals and anchor babies get upset over an American displaying a U.S. flag, does anyone really think punishing the flag bearer is going to make them all nice folks that like us? :::eyeroll:::
    Superintendent Edward Parraz says the school was trying to avoid racial tensions that stemmed from a "little issue" that arose when Hispanic students brought Mexican flags to school on Cinco de Mayo.

Parraz says the school decided on Friday to allow Cody to display his flag again, and now it will be shifting its focus to the students who complained.
    "In no way did we want to take that right away from Cody," Parraz told Fox40 on Friday. "…We think we know who the instigators are that were trying to do that and we need to meet with their parents and those students to just kind of explain that this isn't what we want to have. We want to make sure that our kids can appreciate a safe [environment and be able to have the American flag.."

Just kind of explain what, that this is still the United States - not Mexico? I highly doubt the "red, white & green" is flying on the school's flagpole!
    How about making it perfectly clear that absolutely NO racially based bullying "hate crimes" will be tolerated from any students?

"It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791