The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beck on Soros

Default Beck on Soros

My General Contractor is one of Beck's IDIOTS!!!!

A few nights ago, he tells me I have to listen to what Beck is saying about George Soros. Real Scary stuff, he says. How George Soros is an evil man that is going to take down America because he has already done this to five other countries. I told him he was an idiot for believing this!!!

To begin with, George Soros can not get control of enough currency to bring down our currency, so rest easy! Right now, we don't want a strong dollar because it will cost jobs, so Beck is full of himself again and only trying to take the focus off the fact that the world isn't changing because we have republicans back in control.

George Soros to begin with is a capitalist at its finest, and yes he has played havic on small poorly managed countries. However, his actions have done more good than bad because he has forced the political abuse out of these countries by grabing them by the balls (their money). Yes he is a champion for the poor, or as some would phrase it, a good humanitarian.

In summary, Beck can't sell fear about democrats anymore, so he chooses someone to paint as a vilian because he has found that fear sells! Please wake up to this man's game!

Banned

your stance on soros is very revealing. they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for certain, but if i had to choose i would lean right, away from soros, every time. beck is hardly painting an innocent man with the villain brush here. but then again, you are far left and support moveon.org so i am not surprised you like soros.

but ultimately its shame on you. soros is vehemently anti-gun ownership. dont you own and use guns? dont you feel a little hypocritical supporting this man after reading this?:

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factshe...ad.aspx?ID=151

"When Soros and OSI decided to start spending great sums of money on anti-gun research and advocacy, they went in search of an experienced activist to guide the effort. Soros came up with Rebecca Peters, a central figure in disarming the people of Australia, and a leader in the effort to ban all handguns and most long guns."

and just a few more titbits on this poor innocent man being made to look like a villain:

>>>>>
    As a financier, Soros—one of the world's wealthiest men, whose fortune has been estimated at $7 billion—made his first billion in 1992 betting against the British pound and thereby hastening its disastrous devaluation. Since then he has greatly leveraged his fortune as a shrewd investor, a prescient trend spotter and savvy manager of the Quantum Fund. He has been accused of destabilizing world currencies and wrecking the economies of nations, notably in Malaysia and Thailand. A French court convicted him of insider trading and fined him $2.3 million in 2002.

And he has put his money where his mouth is, giving what has been called the largest single political contribution in American history—$10 million to an anti-Bush political-action group, America Coming Together (ACT). (See "Getting out the liberal vote," page 23.) ACT has generated bad press in several so-called presidential battleground states by filling the ranks of get-out-the-vote workers with convicted felons, including individuals convicted of assault and sex offenses.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

and the list goes on and on.

now who needs waking up?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    your stance on soros is very revealing. they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for certain, but if i had to choose i would lean right, away from soros, every time. beck is hardly painting an innocent man with the villain brush here. but then again, you are far left and support moveon.org so i am not surprised you like soros.

but ultimately its shame on you. soros is vehemently anti-gun ownership. dont you own and use guns? dont you feel a little hypocritical supporting this man after reading this?:

"When Soros and OSI decided to start spending great sums of money on anti-gun research and advocacy, they went in search of an experienced activist to guide the effort. Soros came up with Rebecca Peters, a central figure in disarming the people of Australia, and a leader in the effort to ban all handguns and most long guns."

and just a few more titbits on this poor innocent man being made to look like a villain:

>>>>>
    As a financier, Soros—one of the world's wealthiest men, whose fortune has been estimated at $7 billion—made his first billion in 1992 betting against the British pound and thereby hastening its disastrous devaluation. Since then he has greatly leveraged his fortune as a shrewd investor, a prescient trend spotter and savvy manager of the Quantum Fund. He has been accused of destabilizing world currencies and wrecking the economies of nations, notably in Malaysia and Thailand. A French court convicted him of insider trading and fined him $2.3 million in 2002.

And he has put his money where his mouth is, giving what has been called the largest single political contribution in American history—$10 million to an anti-Bush political-action group, America Coming Together (ACT). (See "Getting out the liberal vote," page 23.) ACT has generated bad press in several so-called presidential battleground states by filling the ranks of get-out-the-vote workers with convicted felons, including individuals convicted of assault and sex offenses.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

now who needs waking up?
    Obviously you tuned into Beck.

First of all, I could careless about George Soros. All he did to the pound was force it where it was headed anyway. So he is doing what his investors want him to do and that is make them money. If the system will allow bad things to happen, then there is a problem with the system. That is the wonderful thing about capitalism. You can change the rules but not the game.

So the man is anti-gun, he has a right to his opinion. What does that have to do with me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Obviously you tuned into Beck.

First of all, I could careless about George Soros. All he did to the pound was force it where it was headed anyway. So he is doing what his investors want him to do and that is make them money. If the system will allow bad things to happen, then there is a problem with the system. That is the wonderful thing about capitalism. You can change the rules but not the game.

So the man is anti-gun, he has a right to his opinion. What does that have to do with me.
    sorry, you are wrong. i do not watch beck.

"So the man is anti-gun, he has a right to his opinion. What does that have to do with me"
    hmmm....really? of course we all have a right to our opinions, but he is spending millions and millions to try to deny us the right to own guns, use guns to hunt, and even hunt itself. and you shrug that off. wow.

so if you want to herald a man that is against your rights to hunt and is fighting to take your guns away, so be it. most here would find the folly in that. as looney as glenn beck is, he champions an increase in individual rights. so, if the choice were between the two, i would be having lunch with beck over soros any day.

thats all. continue to support your enemy, its your right! (or do you not hunt?)

>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

now who needs waking up?
    I don't have time to go through all the detail (fighting a deadline) but...

1. One issue -- even if it's gun ownership -- doesn't determine how I will respond to an individual. I am vehemently pro-choice, but have voted for equally pro-life candidates. I support gun rights, but oppose the NRA and have supported people who oppose gun rights.
    2. When Soros bet that the British pound would be devalued, his personal fortune was already estimated at more than $10 billion. The British pound was being devalued because it was not worth what the official exchange rate said. It was public knowledge that devaluation was almost certain even as the Bank of England poured reserves in to try to prop up the pound. Soros bet the other way and made over $1 billion for himself and his partners in the process by betting $10 billion (i.e. he made 10%). The pound would have been devalued with or without his help. The money he made came from investors betting on the other side, one of which was the Bank of England, which had a lot more money than Soros and his partners.
    3. The insider trading conviction was a bit of a joke since the investment position he took had been reported in the public press before he took it. However, Gallic pride can sometimes trump justice.
    4. Soros stayed out of politics in the US (he provided extensive aid to anti-Communist groups in eastern Europe) until he decided that the Bush Presidency was destroying the US and taking the rest of the world with it. Since he launched his efforts to fight against Bush's reelection in 2004, he is estimated to have spent $10's of millions on political causes. However, he still hasn't spent as much as the Koch brothers have reportedly spent in the same period (over $100 million), and he, unlike them, has been very open about what he has spent and why.
    5. "Getting out the vote" only works if the voters are registered and eligible to vote to begin with. Besides, in congress, getting convicted felons to come together for political purposes is simply called having lunch on K Street. Any efforts to get out the vote will bring out the good and the bad. The most egregious cases of voter fraud in this country have always originated with systematic efforts by election boards to disenfranchise valid voters under the banner of fraud prevention.
    6. George Soros' wealth has been going down in recent years as he has given billions to non-political charitable causes in the US and around the world. Would that Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers (who are comparably wealthy) would do the same.

Banned

[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;703619]I don't have time to go through all the detail (fighting a deadline) but...

good. and i dont have time nor inclination to read your biased
    defense of soros.

[QUOTE=david gibson;703625]
    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

good. and i dont have time nor inclination to read your biased
    defense of soros.
    Everyone has their right to opinions. Lets scare you some more so that you will write a bigger check to the NRA. George Soros may dislike guns, but he is not alone. If money is all it took to change things, much would be different. He has made a lot of money and has the right to spend it anyway he wants as long as he does not infringe on my rights. I'm so tired of people being tared and feather if they disagree with you.

I disagree with most of you, but you have that right, and I'll drink a beer with any of you and respect you. I had a good friend that does not talk to me anymore because we disagree over politics. That's his right, just like I have the right to disagree too.

1. One issue -- even if it's gun ownership -- doesn't determine how I will respond to an individual. I am vehemently pro-choice, but have voted for equally pro-life candidates. I support gun rights, but oppose the NRA and have supported people who oppose gun rights.
    2. When Soros bet that the British pound would be devalued, his personal fortune was already estimated at more than $10 billion. The British pound was being devalued because it was not worth what the official exchange rate said. It was public knowledge that devaluation was almost certain even as the Bank of England poured reserves in to try to prop up the pound. Soros bet the other way and made over $1 billion for himself and his partners in the process by betting $10 billion (i.e. he made 10%). The pound would have been devalued with or without his help. The money he made came from investors betting on the other side, one of which was the Bank of England, which had a lot more money than Soros and his partners.
    3. The insider trading conviction was a bit of a joke since the investment position he took had been reported in the public press before he took it. However, Gallic pride can sometimes trump justice.
    4. Soros stayed out of politics in the US (he provided extensive aid to anti-Communist groups in eastern Europe) until he decided that the Bush Presidency was destroying the US and taking the rest of the world with it. Since he launched his efforts to fight against Bush's reelection in 2004, he is estimated to have spent $10's of millions on political causes. However, he still hasn't spent as much as the Koch brothers have reportedly spent in the same period (over $100 million), and he, unlike them, has been very open about what he has spent and why.
    5. "Getting out the vote" only works if the voters are registered and eligible to vote to begin with. Besides, in congress, getting convicted felons to come together for political purposes is simply called having lunch on K Street. Any efforts to get out the vote will bring out the good and the bad. The most egregious cases of voter fraud in this country have always originated with systematic efforts by election boards to disenfranchise valid voters under the banner of fraud prevention.
    6. George Soros' wealth has been going down in recent years as he has given billions to non-political charitable causes in the US and around the world. Would that Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers (who are comparably wealthy) would do the same.
    Jeff I just looked at your photography and it is awesome! Would love to have you shot me and my dogs some day!

1. One issue -- even if it's gun ownership -- doesn't determine how I will respond to an individual. I am vehemently pro-choice, but have voted for equally pro-life candidates. I support gun rights, but... have supported people who oppose gun rights.
    Interesting comment on your philosophy and the way you place it right up there #1.
    You trust people who don't trust you - those that would oppose one of your most basic human rights, your life & that of defending it, along with your family, & property?
    And vote for them/send them financial support in order for them to do so?

Amazing!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

[QUOTE=sambo;703640]

Everyone has their right to opinions. Lets scare you some more so that you will write a bigger check to the NRA. George Soros may dislike guns, but he is not alone. If money is all it took to change things, much would be different. He has made a lot of money and has the right to spend it anyway he wants as long as he does not infringe on my rights. I'm so tired of people being tared and feather if they disagree with you.

I disagree with most of you, but you have that right, and I'll drink a beer with any of you and respect you. I had a good friend that does not talk to me anymore because we disagree over politics. That's his right, just like I have the right to disagree too.
    I think you miss your own point- George Soros is trying to infringe on your (my) rights. He wants to take away your(my) right to own a gun. You may not really care about owning a gun but other people care about that right. Understand no one wants their rights infringed on so respect my right to own a gun and I will respect your right to not own a gun. Just think about it a little longer.

Just saying,

Terri
    Last edited by Terri; 11-13-2010 at 06:20 PM.