The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beck on Soros

[quote=Terri;703938]
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

I think you miss the your own point- George Soros is trying to infringe on your (my) rights. He wants to take away your(my) right to own a gun. You may not really care about owning a gun but other people care about that right. Understand no one wants their rights infringed on so respect my right to own a gun and I will respect your right to not own a gun. Just think about it a little longer.

Just saying,

Terri

You are making a joke, right Terri? I mean, that last line is a real leg-slapper....you expect the Oracle of Ihop to 'THINK'????

Why would he suddenly start now?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

[QUOTE=Uncle Bill;703951][quote=Terri;703938]

Oracle of Ihop

Now that is funny!!!!!!!
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Interesting comment on your philosophy and the way you place it right up there #1.
    You trust people who don't trust you - those that would oppose one of your most basic human rights, your life & that of defending it, along with your family, & property?
    And vote for them/send them financial support in order for them to do so?

Amazing!
    My comment is based on the fact that in supporting a politician or a political group, there are always elements of compromise. For those who seek to lead voters around by their noses, the fundamental strategy is to convince your intended audience to focus on a "wedge" issue so that they will ignore all the trash that might be linked to it. Life vs Choice and Guns vs Gun Control are both wedge issues used brilliantly by both sides to get people to stop thinking. While those issues are both important to me, neither is important enough to outweigh all other considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Guns vs Gun Control are both wedge issues used brilliantly by both sides to get people to stop thinking. While those issues are both important to me, neither is important enough to outweigh all other considerations.
    Really???!!!!!

You don't mean that!

for those that are somewhat sympathetic to gun control, it sure is going to be hard to shoot that pheasant flyer in the last series using the Thunder 1000 simulator...I like my chances at bringing it down with my Remington 1100
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Thomas View Post
    Really???!!!!!

You don't mean that!
    I do.

And if I had to pick between two candidates who were equal except for the fact that one was pro-choice, anti-gun, and the other was pro-gun and anti choice, I would go with the first.

We are not at risk in the current political environment or seeing any significant gun control adopted, but we are at risk of having the government decide to begin telling people that they cannot make their own reproductive decisions without government approval. My primary interest in having citizen ownership of guns is to act as a deterrent against just that type of government overreaching.

If the political climate were reversed, my vote would flip accordingly. Quite frankly I believe ideologues are the enemy of democracy. I don't care it the ideology is left or right, I will vote for pragmatists instead. In the 60's and 70,s, that attitude made me the "enemy" (in their eyes) of the left. Today, it makes me the "enemy" (in their eyes) of the right. I don't have much affection for either.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I do.

And if I had to pick between two candidates who were equal except for the fact that one was pro-choice, anti-gun, and the other was pro-gun and anti choice, I would go with the first.
    If by anti choice you mean pro life, then we'll never need to be concerned/hopeful you'd go with the "flip".

Dem's will always lean pro choice/anti gun....interestingly, that's the only "choice" they want you or I to have.

"If the political climate were reversed, my vote would flip accordingly. Quite frankly I believe ideologues are the enemy of democracy. I don't care it the ideology is left or right, I will vote for pragmatists instead. In the 60's and 70,s, that attitude made me the "enemy" (in their eyes) of the left. Today, it makes me the "enemy" (in their eyes) of the right. I don't have much affection for either."

Guess again, Yardley. You don't have a clue what "pragmatism" is...what you 'think' it is, in anyone else's eyes, it's known as hypocrisy. And you can imagine how much affection we have for your views.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Thomas View Post
    If by anti choice you mean pro life, then we'll never need to be concerned/hopeful you'd go with the "flip".

Dem's will always lean pro choice/anti gun....interestingly, that's the only "choice" they want you or I to have.
    so true. well sais.

hey - is that new baby of yours big enough to throw birds yet?

sparrows maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so true. well sais.

hey - is that new baby of yours big enough to throw birds yet?

sparrows maybe?
    Not quite yet...she gets a kick out of watching me throw......oh, she does have the "hup,hup,hup,hup" and "good girl" down though. I'm so proud! Just got to teach her to use the clicker.