The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beck on Soros

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    "If the political climate were reversed, my vote would flip accordingly. Quite frankly I believe ideologues are the enemy of democracy. I don't care it the ideology is left or right, I will vote for pragmatists instead. In the 60's and 70,s, that attitude made me the "enemy" (in their eyes) of the left. Today, it makes me the "enemy" (in their eyes) of the right. I don't have much affection for either."

Guess again, Yardley. You don't have a clue what "pragmatism" is...what you 'think' it is, in anyone else's eyes, it's known as hypocrisy. And you can imagine how much affection we have for your views.

UB
    You make my point perfectly. Those being led by single issues are the true "sheeple," to use your term.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Thomas View Post
    If by anti choice you mean pro life, then we'll never need to be concerned/hopeful you'd go with the "flip".

Dem's will always lean pro choice/anti gun....interestingly, that's the only "choice" they want you or I to have.
    Well, my Senator, Bob Casey, is pro-life, pro-gun, a Democrat, and I vote for him. Go figure.

Well, my Senator, Bob Casey, is pro-life, pro-gun, a Democrat, and I vote for him. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Where do I send the $$.
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Well, my Senator, Bob Casey, is pro-life, pro-gun, a Democrat, and I vote for him. Go figure.
    Being a Pennsylvanian, I think my view of politics is different from most of the country. I saw all the men at our deer camp talking about coal mine strikes from as far back as I remember. This is a very pro-gun, pro-hunting, pro-union area, between the United Steelworkers and UMWA. Not the stereotype I'm used to hearing insulted here all the time.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

[QUOTE=Uncle Bill;703951]
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post

You are making a joke, right Terri? I mean, that last line is a real leg-slapper....you expect the Oracle of Ihop to 'THINK'????

Why would he suddenly start now?

UB
    Uncle Bill, you should think a little bit too. I like my guns and want the right to have them. Having said that, there are people who have experience bad from guns and don't want people to have guns. They have rights too, and I realize that. So to assure that I'm able to keep my guns, gun owners need to be more responsible, in other words, quit treating them as toys.

I believe that being a more responsible gun owner will assure my right to guns more so. George Soros is not going to cost me my guns, I'm that smart. But, guns in the hands of stupidity will.
    Last edited by menmon; 11-15-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    My comment is based on the fact that in supporting a politician or a political group, there are always elements of compromise. For those who seek to lead voters around by their noses, the fundamental strategy is to convince your intended audience to focus on a "wedge" issue so that they will ignore all the trash that might be linked to it. Life vs Choice and Guns vs Gun Control are both wedge issues used brilliantly by both sides to get people to stop thinking. While those issues are both important to me, neither is important enough to outweigh all other considerations.
    You nailed it. So lets scare them about guns so I can get them to vote for me when the other guy has more of their interest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Being a Pennsylvanian, I think my view of politics is different from most of the country. I saw all the men at our deer camp talking about coal mine strikes from as far back as I remember. This is a very pro-gun, pro-hunting, pro-union area, between the United Steelworkers and UMWA. Not the stereotype I'm used to hearing insulted here all the time.
    i think there are more reasons that just that

The main reason Soros is being vilianized is because he opposed Bush in the 2004 election. If you don't agree you are evil. That is the republican M.O.

[quote=sambo;704536]
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

Uncle Bill, you should think a little bit too. I like my guns and want the right to have them. Having said that, there are people who have experience bad from guns and don't want people to have guns. They have rights too, and I realize that. So to assure that I'm able to keep my guns, gun owners need to be more responsible, in other words, quit treating them as toys.

I believe that being a more responsible gun owner will assure my right to guns more so. George Soros is not going to cost me my guns, I'm that smart. But, guns in the hands of stupidity will.

Which amendment of the constitution would that one be?

[QUOTE=dixidawg;704645]
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

Which amendment of the constitution would that one be?
    I know there is a 2nd amendment that gives us the right. Keep abusing it and see what happens. Just remember, more americans don't own guns than do.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    The main reason Soros is being vilianized is because he opposed Bush in the 2004 election. If you don't agree you are evil. That is the republican M.O.
    Yeah Sambo, you're right, George Soros is one of the really good guys in the world today!!
    He has nothing but America's best interests in mind!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis