The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are We in Afghanistan??

Banned

we are in afghanistan because islam is a religion of peace. at least thats what The Apologist believes.....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    ..... how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do.......
    I never realized that enlisted folk were not veterans.
    Thank you for seting me straight David.
    My very good friend little Kevin Wilkinson has served in two separate
    “Wars”. Has been on the ground all over and is now Major Wilkinson.
    Gonna have to call him back and apologize for the call I made to him on Thursday.
    Could you call him for me David and explain to him he is not a Veteran?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

but The Apologist doesnt care. 2 veterans days in a row and where was he??? apologizing to muslims and praising what a peaceful and lovely religion it is and making excuses for jihad. you would think he could have at least made a statement from "over there".

instead, this is what he had to say:
    "This great country," of course, being Indonesia.
    "When my stepfather was a boy, he watched his own father and older brother leave home to fight and die in the struggle for Indonesian independence," Obama told the audience.

classy. honoring his relatives "over there" but he cant be troubled to give one ounce of support to the veterans here on the soil they sacrificed to protect. i am sure veterans everywhere were thrilled by Bidens understudy roll.
    David, don't you think we should have been out of there at least 7 years ago when the reason we went there was to kill or capture Bin Laden and al Queda leaders who escaped into Pakastan????????????? You can't blame Obama for that. Bush should have cleaned up his own mess before he left office.

Banned

"?After serving steaks and delivering a short speech to a cheering crowd, Mrs. Obama went around the room sharing hugs, smiles and handshakes."

oh yeah, we all know how the military is in overwhelming support of democrats in general and this fool in particular. sorry, but it doesnt count when its a planted crowd. they even have to plant the crowd when he speaks at colleges, so it was all for show. how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do. armed forces day is another great day we should all recognize. 2 years in a row not speaking to the generations of vets here at home. and for what? a failed trip where he comes home with egg on his face, being rebuffed at avery stop. AND MAKING EXCUSES FOR JIHADISTS.

the unknown soldier goes two years without the president of the nation recognizing him, instead all he got was the bumbling fool of a vp.

actually, he probably doesnt mind this time. who wants a pat on the back from a president who cant face our enemies or address the truth about jihad??
    David, When Bush and Clinton were in office they did not miss any G20 summits, did you expect Obama to rebuff all the world leaders that came to the meeting????????????

how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no?
    If your stupidity were an airplane, it would have just smashed through the sound barrier!

In fact, the only thing that keeps your comments like that from being offensive, is that they are SO STUPID, its clear you have NO CLUE as to what you spew, so its easier to ignore it than get riled up.

Good job, you've outdone yourself once again!

When in Kuwait, one of our CWOs was a VietNam vet, still in uniform. If you told him he wasn't a veteran, (first I would stand WAAAYYYY back) and enjoy watching him rip off your head and s#!t down your neck-hole!!

(before you go crying to mommy, realize that is just an expression that some colorful NCOs have been known to use!)
    Last edited by dnf777; 11-13-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

we are in afghanistan because islam is a religion of peace. at least thats what The Apologist believes.....
    No we are in Afghanistan because the last president sold it to the american people. We were in a recession and he needed a war, and it was not a hard sell to get america's support after 911.

I'm disappointed that we are still there, too. It has cost us countless lives and money and all we have done is make big rocks into little rocks. The Russians spent 20 years their trying to take it over and couldn't, why should we be any better?

[QUOTE=david gibson;703848 how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do. [/QUOTE]

I was an enlisted for 4+ years and that does not make me a vet? I hope you miss wrote the above quote. If not I feel sorry for you for not considering the enlisted group as vets. FYI.... Most of the enlisted enlist straight out of high school, officers have a college education or are going to a military college. Both are very important.

Semper Fi brother.

Technically David, a vet is someone who has been enlisted in active dity for 180 days, during a period of war for which an award or medal was issued. According to the military. But regardless, we are there. Do we have a reason? NO! Am I still leaving my life behind for a hwile to go back? Damn right. Why? Freedom isnt free.

In all honesty, unless you are a military member or immediate family is, your opinion on whether or not we should be there, is just an opinion. As sour as it sounds, it matters to nobody except for you. Sucks for you guys, but hey, thats life. When people complain about the war, I ask them what they have sacrificed for our country, 90 percent...have done nothing. So that equates to what their opinion is worth.

Complain all you want, but in the end we are still there, marines are still dying, and thats that. Sit back, keep your mouth shut, at least where people who do not care, can't hear you.

Tired of hearing all the complaining from people watching the news everyday and thinking their life is hard. Spend a week of my tour with me and see how much you have to complain about then. Hmmmm, yet we dont hear the complaints from people who sacrifice.

Tired of the bitching, regards.
    Last edited by black0989; 11-15-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by black0989 View Post
    Semper Fi brother.

Technically David, a vet is someone who has been enlisted in active dity for 180 days, during a period of war for which an award or medal was issued. According to the military. But regardless, we are there. Do we have a reason? NO! Am I still leaving my life behind for a hwile to go back? Damn right. Why? Freedom isnt free.

In all honesty, unless you are a military member or immediate family is, your opinion on whether or not we should be there, is just an opinion. As sour as it sounds, it matters to nobody except for you. Sucks for you guys, but hey, thats life. When people complain about the war, I ask them what they have sacrificed for our country, 90 percent...have done nothing. So that equates to what their opinion is worth.

Complain all you want, but in the end we are still there, marines are still dying, and thats that. Sit back, keep your mouth shut, at least where people who do not care, can't hear you.

Tired of hearing all the complaining from people watching the news everyday and thinking their life is hard. Spend a week of my tour with me and see how much you have to complain about then. Hmmmm, yet we dont hear the complaints from people who sacrifice.

Tired of the bitching, regards.
    Dude, I will bitch about young men & women dieing in Afghanistan all I want.
    Read the history books about what Afghanistan did to Russia!
    If your tired of it, move on or step up.

I will be at the parade Thursday for the young Marine.

BTW--I was in combat before you were a twinkle in your old man's eye, BOOT!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Haha, boot? Four years active, two tours, 2 years reserves, with third tour around the corner. NAM,CAR, but a boot huh? Intelligent comment. Did you see your bestfriend lose his life while you were holding him two weeks before you were scheduled to head home, and have to tell his parents? Probably not. The thing is, I have. You think I dont know about our involvement with The conflict between Russia and the middle east? Really DUDE? Probably one of those that set in the rear while your brothers were "knockin' down doors", oh, let me explain, that means having bullets fly at your head.

Come back when you can hold your ground about what YOU personally have done.

But again, your opinion is worthless, except to the people that may care to hear what you have to say.