The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are We in Afghanistan??

Quote Originally Posted by black0989 View Post
    Haha, boot? Four years active, two tours, 2 years reserves, with third tour around the corner. NAM,CAR, but a boot huh? Intelligent comment. Did you see your bestfriend lose his life while you were holding him two weeks before you were scheduled to head home, and have to tell his parents? Probably not. The thing is, I have. You think I dont know about our involvement with The conflict between Russia and the middle east? Really DUDE? Probably one of those that set in the rear while your brothers were "knockin' down doors", oh, let me explain, that means having bullets fly at your head.

Come back when you can hold your ground about what YOU personally have done.

But again, your opinion is worthless, except to the people that may care to hear what you have to say.
    You don't know what your talking about.

I am embarrassed for you.

Thanks for your service, learn some humility.

BTW--Your opinion doesn't hold much stock here either.
    A lot of us here are Veterans and I suspect based on your false bravado and lack of humility, many doubt your legitimacy.

My military back ground speaks for itself and needs not be justified to you.
    And if it did, this is not the place.

I can hold my own, trust me.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 11-15-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by schb02 View Post
    I was an enlisted for 4+ years and that does not make me a vet? I hope you miss wrote the above quote. If not I feel sorry for you for not considering the enlisted group as vets. FYI.... Most of the enlisted enlist straight out of high school, officers have a college education or are going to a military college. Both are very important.
    i meant no disrespect in that regard, and i stand corrected for grossly mispeaking. my intention was obamas lack of emphathy for verterans in general. i have a nephew who kicked down doors in iraq/falluja and suffers greatly for it. he is the very first veteran i send a message to each nov. 11 for the past 6 years. he needs the support and we give it to him. my point was Obama not being here 2 yrs in a row and addressing the men and vets that need the support the most, and instead being over there apologizing for us and praising islam as a religion of peace. my nephew as well as my father in law, my dad, and my uncle all of whom are WWII or Korean vets all feel insulted by obama being away from the homeland 2 yrs in a row and praising islam every chance he gets. my uncle is a democrat, and he now despises The Apologist as much as the rest of us.

Don't be embarassed for me, no reason to. I know where I stand and I know what I continue to sacrifice for everyone, including you. Wasn't trying to down you for any reason, but this place is a place for opinions on things, and thats what I gave.

When someone wants to call me a boot, when I just VOLUNTEERED for my third tour, second to Afghanistan, to go help "boots" who have yet to leave stateside, it's offending.

Im missing my son's birth, and not to mention the various memories that would be made when I'm gone.

What's happening to the general public? Yeah we pay more for gas, jobs are shitty, and it costs more to live in our world today. Sucks, but I do it, just like the next guy, just like you do. Did I say you couldn't have an opinion, no, I did however tell you theres really no room for the bitching, its just that, you running you'rmouth.

Again, not saying you can't, it's just that you have nothing to put it on, you haven't paid near what others have because of this.

My wife and future son, could live their life without me, but it's what needs to be done.

I would be lying if I said I supported the people who make these decisions, but I do support our country, thats what matters in the end. Not me, not you, but America.

Haha, boot? Four years active, two tours, 2 years reserves, with third tour around the corner. NAM,CAR, but a boot huh? Intelligent comment. Did you see your bestfriend lose his life while you were holding him two weeks before you were scheduled to head home, and have to tell his parents? Probably not. The thing is, I have. You think I dont know about our involvement with The conflict between Russia and the middle east? Really DUDE? Probably one of those that set in the rear while your brothers were "knockin' down doors", oh, let me explain, that means having bullets fly at your head.

Come back when you can hold your ground about what YOU personally have done.

But again, your opinion is worthless, except to the people that may care to hear what you have to say.

Whoa! I agreed with your first post, but this attack on RK is WAY OUT OF LINE, TROOP!

I won't even consider questioning your service, rather I'll just thank you for it....but do not disgrace yourself by attacking a fellow veteran here. You have no idea what someone else here saw, did, or didn't do. Why not pay him the same respect in that regard as you are afforded?

I may call RK an a-hole for political views, but I won't sit quietly and see his service attacked like that. You owe him an apology. That was out of line.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Alright, swallowing my pride here, got a little heated.

RK, I do apologize, I dont know you or what you did. Service appreciated more than I can tell you. You doing that is why I am able to continue.

On a lighter note, in the Marine Corps, calling someone a boot, is like a kick in the nuts.

Again, I apologize to the full extent on SOME of the above.

Carry on.

Alright, swallowing my pride here, got a little heated.

RK, I do apologize, I dont know you or what you did. Service appreciated more than I can tell you. You doing that is why I am able to continue.

On a lighter note, in the Marine Corps, calling someone a boot, is like a kick in the nuts.

Again, I apologize to the full extent on SOME of the above.

Carry on.

Not kicking nuts, boot is in relationship to your just being out of boot camp compared to us old timers who got out in '72.

Cam Rahn Bay regards!!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

I greatly appreciate every man and woman that has served for this country. I may not agree with the orders given to them, but I do appreciate the soldiers!

Now since everything on the forum has a political bias, I'll share my observation between Bush and Obama. I want to say first, I'm real disappointed with Obama because he has let them sway him into staying in these wars. However, the stabs at his concern of these young people that are in harms way is totally wrong.

Bush did a very good job of ralling people around our troops while he kept them in harms way. I would have prefered more thought before starting these wars though.

He also did a very good job at pissing a bunch of people off that we needed as friends. Obama has tried to be humble and reestablish these relationships. Kind of like eating crow with your wife when you were justified for what you did, but it is better than a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i meant no disrespect in that regard, and i stand corrected for grossly mispeaking. my intention was obamas lack of emphathy for verterans in general. i have a nephew who kicked down doors in iraq/falluja and suffers greatly for it. he is the very first veteran i send a message to each nov. 11 for the past 6 years. he needs the support and we give it to him. my point was Obama not being here 2 yrs in a row and addressing the men and vets that need the support the most, and instead being over there apologizing for us and praising islam as a religion of peace. my nephew as well as my father in law, my dad, and my uncle all of whom are WWII or Korean vets all feel insulted by obama being away from the homeland 2 yrs in a row and praising islam every chance he gets. my uncle is a democrat, and he now despises The Apologist as much as the rest of us.
    Right now you are batting 0 for 2. This year, as I noted previously, he spent Veterans Day with some of our future veterans serving in Korea. Are you truly suggesting that shows a lack of respect? In 2009, he was at the Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate Veterans' Day (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ing_place.html and http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ton_99113.html). No disrespect there either. You must be getting your facts from the same people who sent around email messages in 2009 purporting to show Obama not saluting during the National Anthem on Veterans' Day. Unfortunately, the photo was from Memorial Day and the music being played was Hail to the Chief, which Obama certainly should not have been saluting (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...eteransday.asp).

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    No we are in Afghanistan because the last president sold it to the american people. We were in a recession and he needed a war, and it was not a hard sell to get america's support after 911.

I'm disappointed that we are still there, too. It has cost us countless lives and money and all we have done is make big rocks into little rocks. The Russians spent 20 years their trying to take it over and couldn't, why should we be any better?
    Maybe my memory is weak, but I do believe 911 sold it to the American people, and stating that Bush needing a war was the reason for Afghanistan is kinda left wing nutty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Right now you are batting 0 for 2. This year, as I noted previously, he spent Veterans Day with some of our future veterans serving in Korea. Are you truly suggesting that shows a lack of respect? In 2009, he was at the Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate Veterans' Day (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ing_place.html and http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ton_99113.html). No disrespect there either. You must be getting your facts from the same people who sent around email messages in 2009 purporting to show Obama not saluting during the National Anthem on Veterans' Day. Unfortunately, the photo was from Memorial Day and the music being played was Hail to the Chief, which Obama certainly should not have been saluting (http://www.snopes.com/poetic and isl...eteransday.asp).
    well you cant speak for my veteran relatives. they are disgusted by his apologetic speeches on this trip. so i'll give you the one day he spoke to troops in korea and stand corrected, that doesnt overcome the fact that he was glorifying islam and avoiding the denounciation of jihad the day before.

as usual it was likely a hand-picked audience of obama supporting troops, and yes he is not the first to do that. but to praise the "peace -loving jihadists" the day before veterans day to me is as bad as doing it the same day. you are a liberal obama lover and will never see his faults, i despise the half muslim and see nothing but fault. the world goes on.