The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Super Sized Pensions

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I'm sick for the rhetoric that is currently out there bashing public employees. We need these employees and most do not earn what they are worth. School teacher, policemen and firemen, couldn't pay their rent if it was not for the unions that have fault (did you mean FOUGHT)for them to get them a livable wage.

If some seem to have it better than you think they deserve, just wait until these republicans get through with things, they will be sucking hind tit (teat) again.
    I'm sure you have studies to back up your statement about not earning what they are worth . Or is that just another of your unsubstantiatied opinions. Apparently your spelling teacher failed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    There you go. Keep the ignorant in lock step. It's so much easier to deal with the stupid than those that can think for themselves. That has a known title: "The dumbing down of America." We see it in so many venues today, but the most obvious is in our schools and colleges.

Why do you think the unions and Democrats are in favor of allowing the illegal immigration to overrun this nation? More ignorant voters with their handsout to their providers. Talk about buying votes.

Thanks for telling it like it is, Sambo. It's always encouraging to get the truth from such a sage as the Oracle of IHOP.

UB
    If you think unions are in favor of illegal immigrants taking away American jobs, then think again. It is management looking for slave laborers who create the demand for illegal immigration. Management can pay them slave wages for working in the most difficult and dangerous conditions. " If you bitch, Amigo, a phone call to ICE will get you out of here and back on your way home before the sun rises tomorrow".

By the way, Bill, illegal aliens can not vote by law.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-01-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'm sure you have studies to back up your statement about not earning what they are worth . Or is that just another of your unsubstantiatied opinions. Apparently your spelling teacher failed !!!!!!!!!!!!
    She did

There you go. Keep the ignorant in lock step. It's so much easier to deal with the stupid than those that can think for themselves. That has a known title: "The dumbing down of America." We see it in so many venues today, but the most obvious is in our schools and colleges.

Why do you think the unions and Democrats are in favor of allowing the illegal immigration to overrun this nation? More ignorant voters with their handsout to their providers. Talk about buying votes.

Thanks for telling it like it is, Sambo. It's always encouraging to get the truth from such a sage as the Oracle of IHOP.

UB
    No too damn smart to do what is best for them. I don't see the fault in collective bargining for more money, better benifits and even protectionism if you can get it. I would love to be able to monopolize my business, but banker are unorganizable. Must be that smart thing I meantioned.

If I could get us bankers all to agree instead of undermining the pricing of each other, just think how good we would have it. Competition is good for the buyer, but not too good for the seller. I've never had a buyer tell me that they wanted to pay a little more so that I could make a little money.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Why are Federal jobs unionized??
    Poor benefits?
    Poor working conditions??

VOTING BLOCK???

RK
    Federal jobs are unionized because union workers stood together and voted in politians that would pass the legislation need to assure they got those jobs. Kind of like Exxon using it influence to get what they want out of politians.

If the benefits and working conditions are poor, they must not have the leverage they need to get them. Too many unorganized people accepting less.

Voting block the bigger the block of votes the more influence they have.

Now if you don't agree with this strategy, why do you let every major corporation use their power and influence to get what they want out of government?

UB
    Kind of like how the republicans have you in lock step following their drummer boy Glenn Beck!

Kind of like how the republicans have you in lock step following their drummer boy Glenn Beck!
    Or Sara Palin.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Federal jobs are unionized because union workers stood together and voted in politians that would pass the legislation need to assure they got those jobs. Kind of like Exxon using it influence to get what they want out of politians.

If the benefits and working conditions are poor, they must not have the leverage they need to get them. Too many unorganized people accepting less.

Voting block the bigger the block of votes the more influence they have.

Now if you don't agree with this strategy, why do you let every major corporation use their power and influence to get what they want out of government?
    I'm thinkin' they are pretty good!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm sick for the rhetoric that is currently out there bashing public employees. We need these employees and most do not earn what they are worth. School teacher, policemen and firemen, ..........
    You made this post a couple of days ago - I asked you to back it up with something more substantial than rhetoric. But you haven't responded. What does that tell the participants on this forum?

but I'll give the folks a little meat -

http://www.biaw.com/WAStateEmployeesWages.aspx

In summation: Employees Wages Total Compensation

2005 123,389 $4,916,336,560 $7,501,696,096

2009 141,787 $6,472,270,161 $9,885,181,805

So on a 14.91% increase in employment (mostly unneeded) the state has a 31,65% increase in salaries & a 31.77% increase in bennies. Average salary in 2005 $39,844 or $19.08 per contractual hour, in 2009 $45,648 or $21.86 per contractual hour, again a 14.56% increase.

So in a downturn, our illustrious election stealing governor has managed to increase government employment 14.91% while increasing average salaries 14.56%, a multiplier of 31.64% or 7.1%/year. Any of you lefties wonder why those of us who are fiscally responsible get a little fed up with your inability to cope with reality????????????????

You can bounce around the departments to see just how far down the pecking order you have to go to hit reality .

I'll talk about the benefits of govenment retirement in a future post .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!