The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New Airport Scanner

Default New Airport Scanner

FINALLY ó A great alternative to body scanners at airports . . .

The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners at the airports.

Itís a booth you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you. They see this as a win-win for everyone, with none of this crap about racial profiling.

It also would eliminate the costs of a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift. Case closed!

You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system . . . "Attention standby passengers ó we now have a seat available on flight number 1234.

Shalom!"

Gotta hand it to the Israelis for ingenuity.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

That's awesome!
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Banned

I agree. I'd really like to see something like that.

WRL

Banned

how long till yardley steps in with a long winded explanation on how this would be illegal?

good one!

No problems here. Only wish it were real.

How many of us (back in the day), when toting our favorite cordura duffle bag to the airport, suddenly realized there may be a few dove&quail loads in a side pocket? Or a buck-knife? Or a handful of 22 rounds?

Nowadays, we wouldn't dream of making such a grave error, but I've come pretty darn close back when it wasn't that big of a deal. Heck, they'd probably just ask you to throw them out. Now, you probably would get a pair of matching bracelets, courtesy TSA.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I've actually been stopped a number of times based on the bomb swabs. When I am shooting photos at night in difficult neighborhoods, I generally carry a pistol in one of the pockets of my camera case. As a result, the camera case tests positive when it is checked.

I love it!!!