The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: ahhhh...our favorite speaker

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default ahhhh...our favorite speaker

    she really said this?

    "“We didn’t lose the election because of me,” Ms. Pelosi told National Public Radio in an interview that aired Friday morning"

    you are right "ma'am" (disrespect intended a-la boxer) you didnt lose because of you. you lost because of all the other minions behind you who had fallen head over heels for The Apologists ill concieved socialistic agendas of redistribution of wealth, abominable spending and waste that will never stiumulate close to what was intended while saddling our descendants in unspeakable debt, and your misleading lies of transparency - "we have to pass the bill to see whats in it", not to mention joblessness and the private sectors complete distrust of this administation.

    what arrogance to think that SHE and only SHE are the reasons behind the downward spiral the dems have found themselves in.

    you cant make this stuff up!





    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/1...ington+Wire%29

  2. #2
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    899

    Default

    She is in so much denile her own party is telling her to get lost.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,299

    Default

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/us...dlines&emc=a24

    Nope ... Pelosi retains leadership of her party.

    Some of the Democrats defeated this month counseled strongly against keeping Ms. Pelosi, and one did not mince words. “Have they lost their minds?” asked Representative Allen Boyd, a defeated Democrat, as he passed by the Cannon Caucus Room, where the election was occurring.

    But her allies said Ms. Pelosi was the party’s best fund-raiser, had been unfairly maligned by Republicans who saw her as too effective and merited the loyalty of House Democrats whom she had led to the promised land of the majority in 2006 after 14 years out of power .
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    she really said this?

    "“We didn’t lose the election because of me,” Ms. Pelosi told National Public Radio in an interview that aired Friday morning"

    you are right "ma'am" (disrespect intended a-la boxer) you didnt lose because of you. you lost because of all the other minions behind you who had fallen head over heels for The Apologists ill concieved socialistic agendas of redistribution of wealth, abominable spending and waste that will never stiumulate close to what was intended while saddling our descendants in unspeakable debt, and your misleading lies of transparency - "we have to pass the bill to see whats in it", not to mention joblessness and the private sectors complete distrust of this administation.

    what arrogance to think that SHE and only SHE are the reasons behind the downward spiral the dems have found themselves in.

    you cant make this stuff up!





    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/1...ington+Wire%29
    An analysis of the election results validates what Pelosi said. A majority of the congressional seats lost by the dems were blue dog seats. The majority of the progressives who won their seats in 2006 and 2008 were re-elected this time. Had the Dems passed the legislation in the Senate that made it through the house, they would have fared much better in the nov elections. Had Obama fought for the progressive agenda as did Pelosi, he would no doubt still be on the high side of 50% approval ratings.
    The fault of the Democratic failure of the last 2-4 years lies squarely on the shoulders of Harry Reid and Barrak Obama. Pelosi makes a nice target for the right wing media fire, but the reality is that she was a decent speaker. Her greatest fault is that she took impeachment off the table when the criminal was still in the White House.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    The Apologists ill concieved socialistic agendas of redistribution of wealth,

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/1...ington+Wire%29
    I get a kick out of this clamoring of "redistribution of wealth" from the Right Wing pundits. The re-distribution of US wealth has already taken place. It occurred over the last 25 years. Here is the data if you're interested.

    http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/fac...ome&wealth.htm

    As of 2004 the top 1% of US families controlled about 35% of the wealth in the nation. The bottom 40% of US families owns considerably less than 1% of the wealth. This re-distribution of wealth took place when Obama was still a community organizer in Chicago. You've identified a real problem David. But you've missed the mark in establishing who caused it and when it occurred. Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to find a decent paying job in America? Ever wonder why your father never had that trouble?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    An analysis of the election results validates what Pelosi said. A majority of the congressional seats lost by the dems were blue dog seats. The majority of the progressives who won their seats in 2006 and 2008 were re-elected this time. Had the Dems passed the legislation in the Senate that made it through the house, they would have fared much better in the nov elections. Had Obama fought for the progressive agenda as did Pelosi, he would no doubt still be on the high side of 50% approval ratings.
    The fault of the Democratic failure of the last 2-4 years lies squarely on the shoulders of Harry Reid and Barrak Obama. Pelosi makes a nice target for the right wing media fire, but the reality is that she was a decent speaker. Her greatest fault is that she took impeachment off the table when the criminal was still in the White House.
    I was a little young back then but i didn't know that Pelosi was around when Clinton was in office?

  7. #7
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    she really said this?

    "“We didn’t lose the election because of me,” Ms. Pelosi told National Public Radio in an interview that aired Friday morning"

    you are right "ma'am" (disrespect intended a-la boxer) you didnt lose because of you. you lost because of all the other minions behind you who had fallen head over heels for The Apologists ill concieved socialistic agendas of redistribution of wealth, abominable spending and waste that will never stiumulate close to what was intended while saddling our descendants in unspeakable debt, and your misleading lies of transparency - "we have to pass the bill to see whats in it", not to mention joblessness and the private sectors complete distrust of this administation.

    what arrogance to think that SHE and only SHE are the reasons behind the downward spiral the dems have found themselves in.

    you cant make this stuff up!





    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/1...ington+Wire%29

    If you mean that the redistribution of wealth has been going up , then I agree with you. but that's probably not what you meant is it?
    Last edited by cotts135; 11-19-2010 at 07:09 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    If you mean that the redistribution of wealth has been going up , then I agree with you. but that's probably not what you meant is it?
    I think your sentence may be a little ambiguous. I suspect you were pointing out that, over the last 30 years, we have seen a consistent shifting of wealth from the lower 80% of the population to the top 20%.

  9. #9
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I think your sentence may be a little ambiguous. I suspect you were pointing out that, over the last 30 years, we have seen a consistent shifting of wealth from the lower 80% of the population to the top 20%.

    Of course, much of that "lower 80%" got thier "wealth" from the efforts, investments and taxes paid by those EVIL "top 20%."

    You are truly amazing.


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I think your sentence may be a little ambiguous. I suspect you were pointing out that, over the last 30 years, we have seen a consistent shifting of wealth from the lower 80% of the population to the top 20%.
    So the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer?

    I am ok with that, if you work hard for your money and become rich then good for you, if you don't try to improve yourself and you stay poor... sorry but I came from nothing, and do very well for myself, no one handed me anything. I am no where near rich but I prefer to only take care of my family not all the people who don't want to work and pay taxes.

    And before you say there are no jobs blah blah blah Obama rules. I know of a decent paying job for the area (with good health care) that has been trying to hire someone in a high unemployment mid west state to run a newspaper production department, 30 people offered the job, all turned it down, why they feel they need to be paid more than the job can offer, because they can much just as much on unemployment, so why work? We can just extend unemployment benefits out to 10 years or so.

    So are you the 20% or the 80%?
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •