The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ahhhh...our favorite speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    So the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer?

I am ok with that, if you work hard for your money and become rich then good for you, if you don't try to improve yourself and you stay poor... sorry but I came from nothing, and do very well for myself, no one handed me anything. I am no where near rich but I prefer to only take care of my family not all the people who don't want to work and pay taxes.

And before you say there are no jobs blah blah blah Obama rules. I know of a decent paying job for the area (with good health care) that has been trying to hire someone in a high unemployment mid west state to run a newspaper production department, 30 people offered the job, all turned it down, why they feel they need to be paid more than the job can offer, because they can much just as much on unemployment, so why work? We can just extend unemployment benefits out to 10 years or so.

So are you the 20% or the 80%?
    You say it is a decent paying job in the first part of your run on sentence. In the second part of your run on sentence you say that it doesn't pay anymore than unemployment.

What do you consider a decent paying job?
    How much do you think unemployment pays in that mid west state?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    You say it is a decent paying job in the first part of your run on sentence. In the second part of your run on sentence you say that it doesn't pay anymore than unemployment.

How much do you think unemployment pays in that mid west state?

One that pays you for work being done. Not what you think you should make. Let's break down my run on sentence then. The job is decent, and it is a paying job, with health care. Other options available, it is a job, they are hiring, it's a foot in the door, it's an opportunity, it's not unemployment.

My statement of it pays decent but is less than unemployment was more of a statement of pay for work done.

Job A pays 10,000 a year for busting your backside scubbing toilets and septic tanks with a toothbrush.
    Job B pays 8,000 for not doing anything at all

Job B doesn't sound too bad right?

It goes back to the argument of, if we kick out the illegals no one would do those jobs. Yes they would for a fair wage not 2.25 an hour tax free.

I was taught you work for your money. I know times are tough but if there are jobs available, why would you not at least get your foot in the door. A job with some benefits is better than no career path whatsoever!

Also not everything is meant to be taken so literally. Dollar per hour unemployment is pretty good.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I'm an advocate of redistrubution. If the same old people hoard it, I can't get any. See I would rather a playing field that churned it instead of a place that let a few keep it and my situation stay the same or erode.
    No surprise here. But last I checked millionaires in this country grew by at least 15+ percent last year. It's not everyone else's fault if you don't know how to find the cheese. Hint: Don't do what everyone else is.

Not only that but over half of millionares are first generation millionaires. It's so tragic that the people with no money don't provide jobs but thats just the way it works i guess.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I was a little young back then but i didn't know that Pelosi was around when Clinton was in office?
    Not sure what you mean with the reference to Clinton? But Pelosi has been in Congress since the late 80's I believe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Nicely played, show some pics of DHLR oe DE or maybe the UAW or possibly the SEIU.

RK
    Are you suggesting that people who belong to these organizations don't work? If so, I suggest you spend a weekend in Las Vegas. Not only will you enjoy yourself; but you will be dazzled with the service you get from SEIU workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post

One that pays you for work being done. Not what you think you should make. Let's break down my run on sentence then. The job is decent, and it is a paying job, with health care. Other options available, it is a job, they are hiring, it's a foot in the door, it's an opportunity, it's not unemployment.

My statement of it pays decent but is less than unemployment was more of a statement of pay for work done.

Job A pays 10,000 a year for busting your backside scubbing toilets and septic tanks with a toothbrush.
    Job B pays 8,000 for not doing anything at all

Job B doesn't sound too bad right?

It goes back to the argument of, if we kick out the illegals no one would do those jobs. Yes they would for a fair wage not 2.25 an hour tax free.

I was taught you work for your money. I know times are tough but if there are jobs available, why would you not at least get your foot in the door. A job with some benefits is better than no career path whatsoever!

Also not everything is meant to be taken so literally. Dollar per hour unemployment is pretty good.
    I asked you two questions, which you haven't answered. Instead you posed a question back to me, which I will answer by saying that I don't consider a job that pays no more than unemployment to be a decent paying job.
    Now would you care to answer my questions?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I asked you two questions, which you haven't answered. Instead you posed a question back to me, which I will answer by saying that I don't consider a job that pays no more than unemployment to be a decent paying job.
    Now would you care to answer my questions?
    Ok here's my answers. Unemplyment for each person varies, sorry can't agile you specifics.

To me a decent paying job is one that will hire you and pay you for working. Sorry if I think a job regardless of pay is still worth having. Maybe working at a job will get the a more desirable job down the line. Not every one can be the CEO and make 500k a year. In my opinion a paying job is a paying job. And if I lost everything and had to go back to entry level then I would. I can't get back to the top while collecting unemployment.

Hope that answers your questions.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~