The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pol arrested, wife arrested with $79,600 in pants

Default pol arrested, wife arrested with $79,600 in pants

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I've been LMAO at this crook all weekend--he's been all over our news. I particularly loved one interview he gave, loudly proclaiming his innocence: "I didn't do nuthin'. That ain't me man, that's not my crack pipe. I been set up." Actually he said cash, not crack pipe but, other than that he could've been plucked right from a recent episode Cops. Oh wait, maybe he'll be a feature crook on Cops next season! Reminds me of the old bumper sticker from the Agnew era: Maryland has the best politicians money can buy. What a loser.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I've been LMAO at this crook all weekend--he's been all over our news. I particularly loved one interview he gave, loudly proclaiming his innocence: "I didn't do nuthin'. That ain't me man, that's not my crack pipe. I been set up." Actually he said cash, not crack pipe but, other than that he could've been plucked right from a recent episode Cops. Oh wait, maybe he'll be a feature crook on Cops next season! Reminds me of the old bumper sticker from the Agnew era: Maryland has the best politicians money can buy. What a loser.
    exactly. i am waiting for the yardley post that begins something like this:

"actually, the first politician caught with cash in his undies was a republican....."

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    exactly. i am waiting for the yardley post that begins something like this:

"actually, the first politician caught with cash in his undies was a republican....."
    Hopefully this will be the first post that the know-it-all DOESN'T comment on!

I hope he gets indicted, tried and convicted, and a lengthy sentence.

Now...can anyone say...Abramoff?

for your perusal;

http://www.slate.com/features/2007/s...candalmap.html

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander regards, JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-14-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I hope he gets indicted, tried and convicted, and a lengthy sentence.

Now...can anyone say...Abramoff?

for your perusal;

oh, wow, you sure got me on that on dog.

as usual, you cant stick to the subject. the subject is people caught with stuff in their pants.
    i can counter with sandy berger (stealing classified documentsand in his socks, technically the same since your pants cover your socks)

so there - thats TWO instances of democrats stealing money or classified terrorism documents just before the 9/11 hearings - could be worse than cash)

and there's william jefferson with $95K in his freezer, he was just waiting for an oppurtunity to thaw it all out and stuff it in his pants i am certain.

so now what does abramhoff have to do with that?

for your perusal:

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/de...nstream-media/

now try to stick to the OP subject

Actually both stories Joe posted links to said she stuffed the cash in her bra. I'm not sure where the pants reference came from.

There are more than enough corrupt politicians, R & D to go around.

BTW I'll post anything that pleases me. Don't like it...don't read it.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    oh, wow, you sure got me on that on dog.

as usual, you cant stick to the subject. the subject is people caught with stuff in their pants.
    i can counter with sandy berger (stealing classified documentsand in his socks, technically the same since your pants cover your socks)

so there - thats TWO instances of democrats stealing money or classified terrorism documents just before the 9/11 hearings - could be worse than cash)

and there's william jefferson with $95K in his freezer, he was just waiting for an oppurtunity to thaw it all out and stuff it in his pants i am certain.

so now what does abramhoff have to do with that?

for your perusal:

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/de...nstream-media/

now try to stick to the OP subject
    Yep, you win. There's no Republican so cheap that either the bribes he takes or the ones he gives could fit in a pair of pants. I thought the issue was corruption...

To find corruption, simply follow the money as the money follows power. Since 1994, I suspect that Republicans have won the corruption race to fill their own pockets based simply on the fact they controlled Congress two-thirds of the time. Look between WWII and 1992, and I suspect Democrats won the corruption race because they controlled Congress most of the time.

Corruption takes many forms. Those sticking cash in their pants or into their freezers are truly the cheap crooks. The big crooks measure their rewards in millions and have many more creative ways of burying the money. Until 1980, members of the House were permitted to convert unused campaign funds to personal use when they retired and those elected prior to 1980 still have that right. Even without that, retired members of Congress can and do continue spending campaign funds for entertainment following retirement at a rate estimated at about $500,000 per year each. Not bad when you have no office to run for.

i live in illinois where our govenors make our license plates.home of daylie machine soon to be the rhom emanual machine

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    for your perusal;

Calm down there JDog; you're beginning to sound like a petulant Roger Perry or a toddler tattling to Mama. Even Yardley kept on topic. Until you came sniveling onto this thread whining about GOP corruption, no one said anything about party affiliation of the accused nor stated that any one party has a monopoly on graft and moral turpitude.

I simply look across the river and laugh at the greed and graft in Prince Georges' officaldom, the armpit of the D.C. metro area. The fact that subroc heard about the Johnsons caper up in New England made it even more amusing. Another public servant from P.G. County MD caught with his pants down, what a surprise!
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981