The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One line for every President you remember

Banned

how about forrest gump mooning LBJ? total fallacy, but it sticks in my head....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    DUDE!
    I’ll actept the first two and they are great quotes. While I never saw them live I have seen the Kennedy inaugural in class.
    BUT……. There is no way that Eisenhower quote “Pops” into your head. When I say Eisenhower, you instantly think all that???
    What really pops into your head? Words like unwarranted or Militaryindustrial just don’t pop….
    For me, it is “J. Edgar Hoover” That is the word association I have. Not that I was ever alive, just a student of history and that is the pop I get. Somehow they are connected in my mind.

Actually it does. I think it was one of the smartest and most prescient statements ever made by a President. I remembered it because that whole Eisenhower leaving, Kennedy coming in bit was a big deal in my house and got lots of attention (my father was county campaign manager for JFK). Ike's comments were considered a little scandalous at the time. I will admit that what I always remember was his warning us about the MIC. I looked up the exact words. Ike and Hoover are definitely connected. Eisenhower was very intimidated by Hoover and McCarthy and would have loved to see both disappear.

Banned

DUDE!
    I’ll actept the first two and they are great quotes. While I never saw them live I have seen the Kennedy inaugural in class.
    BUT……. There is no way that Eisenhower quote “Pops” into your head. When I say Eisenhower, you instantly think all that???
    What really pops into your head? Words like unwarranted or Militaryindustrial just don’t pop….
    For me, it is “J. Edgar Hoover” That is the word association I have. Not that I was ever alive, just a student of history and that is the pop I get. Somehow they are connected in my mind.

How's "I like IKE"

"I'm going to punch that SOB in the nose" only he didn't use SOB .

Harry Truman about the music critic who panned Margaret's performance .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

It's the first thing that pops into my head when you mention the name Eisenhower.

But I think it was one of the more important things he said.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

DUDE!
    I There is no way that Eisenhower quote “Pops” into your head. When I say Eisenhower, you instantly think all that???

Actually that is a very famous Eisenhower quote. Probably the most important statement uttered by a US President in a hundred years. To bad it gets ignored to this day. .

One of my favs was by old 'give-em-hell' Harry, when he said," I hate to send these boys abroad, when they could be out finding one on their own."

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.