The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangel

Default Rangel

From the NY Times

An ethics subcommittee is scheduled to reconvene Tuesday morning and consider whether to formally find Mr. Rangel guilty on each of the 13 counts. If he is found guilty on any of the charges, the entire ethics committee would deliberate on a suitable punishment, which ethics experts say would most likely be a letter of reprimand or a formal censure. While the committee has the power to expel, that has happened only rarely and is considered highly unlikely.
    This has got to be the supreme joke on the rest of us "common people."

He's been re-elected & can continue to do business as usual after they slap him on the hand.

As I understand it, tax fraud could mean jail time for any of the rest of us. "Sloppy finances" would not be much of a defense.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    From the NY Times

This has got to be the supreme joke on the rest of us "common people."

He's been re-elected & can continue to do business as usual after they slap him on the hand.

As I understand it, tax fraud could mean jail time for any of the rest of us. "Sloppy finances" would not be much of a defense.

There really is a two-tiered justice system in play. Ok, so the subcommittee gives him a pass....where is the IRS coming down on him like it would you and me?

This is just like you or me shooting someone in the head after consuming a "couple of beers", and telling the game warden....oh, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Yeah, right! We don't play be the same rules.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    There really is a two-tiered justice system in play. Ok, so the subcommittee gives him a pass....where is the IRS coming down on him like it would you and me?

This is just like you or me shooting someone in the head after consuming a "couple of beers", and telling the game warden....oh, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

more bush/cheney witch hunting hatred continuing i see, will you ever grow up and get over it? there is hardly a comparison here. show me where it is against the law to drink a beer or even two and then go shoot quail. it doesnt exist. it is against the law to discharge a firearm while intoxicated. whether cheney drank a beer or two is a moot point, he says no but we all know it is a good possibility he did have a beer or two, but there has been no evidence whatsoever that anyone was intoxicated, and i highly doubt he was.

no law broken.

The Kenedy County Sheriff - Ray Salinas -a democrat - cleared Cheney of any criminal wrongdoing in the matter.

in this case, you and i would be cleared as well, because no law was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    more bush/cheney witch hunting hatred continuing i see, will you ever grow up and get over it? there is hardly a comparison here. show me where it is against the law to drink a beer or even two and then go shoot quail. it doesnt exist. it is against the law to discharge a firearm while intoxicated. whether cheney drank a beer or two is a moot point, he says no but we all know it is a good possibility he did have a beer or two, but there has been no evidence whatsoever that anyone was intoxicated, and i highly doubt he was.

no law broken.

The Kenedy County Sheriff - Ray Salinas -a democrat - cleared Cheney of any criminal wrongdoing in the matter.

in this case, you and i would be cleared as well, because no law was broken.

You continue to out-do yourself.

You mustn't get out very much, if you think you can inflict harm on another person, then tell a law-enforcement official who's been alerted to the incident.....I'll submit to your questions and testing tomorrow!!!!

You can wreck you car and commit no crime....but try leaving the scene of an accident to avoid a sobriety check and see what happens. We'll never know if he had one beer, or 10, because he evaded questioning and testing.

When guns are involved, and there's even a spectre of alcohol (which there was by his own admission) there is mandatory BAL testing, because if you test positive, you got problems.

You're right only as far as he *possibly* broke no laws. But having the privelage and luxury of telling the Game Warden that you'll see him tomorrow........well, that dog won't hunt for me and you.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

take off the foil hat. the AP timeline:

"4 p.m.: Cheney begins an afternoon quail hunt with four other hunters on the private Armstrong Ranch in south Texas. They had been hunting earlier in the day, but took a break for lunch.

6:30 p.m.: Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter Harry Whittington while aiming for a bird. Secret Service agents and medical personnel with Cheney tend to wounds on Whittington's face, neck and chest.

7:20 p.m.: An ambulance takes Whittington to a Christus Spohn Hospital Kleburg.

7:30 p.m.: White House chief of staff Andy Card tells President Bush there was an accident, but Card is unaware Cheney was involved.

7:50 p.m.: The head of the Secret Service office in McAllen, Texas, calls the Kenedy County sheriff to report the accident. The sheriff asks to speak to Cheney, and they schedule an interview for 9 a.m. Sunday. At the White House, presidential aide Karl Rove tells Bush that Cheney was the shooter, after talking to ranch owner Katharine Armstrong.

Saturday evening: Cheney and the rest of the hunting party sit down for dinner at the ranch. At some point, sheriff's deputies who heard reports of the ambulance responding to an accident at the ranch stop at the front gate to see if anyone needs help, but are told no one needs assistance. The Secret Service earlier had said the deputies were seeking to interview Cheney, but on Tuesday they said that was not the case. Armstrong says no one at the dininner discussed announcing the accident to the public because they were all focused on Whittington's well being."

add this to the fact the democrat sheriff agreed no law was broken and its a closed case of a hunting accident. no black helicopters were used.
    so the game warden and the sheriffs department are all in cahoots? could be. although you certainly should notify law enforcement immediately after a hunting accident, and this is taught in hunters ed classes, i am not certain there is a legal requirement to do so in any required timeline and that waiting overnight is breaking the law. sure, if you wait several days there is a problem, but overnight may not be. if so, then blame the sheriff and game warden for not doing their job.

oh yeah, next you'll say they were threatened....

have at it, you can have the last word.
    Last edited by david gibson; 11-16-2010 at 10:47 AM.

you are right, and I am sure Mary Jo Kopechne would agree with you.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

This is just like you or me driving a car off a bridge in Chappaquiddick , and telling the police....oh, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

There, I fixed it for you, Cliff Clavin.

Changing somebody quoted text, is telling a lie. Notice how I made the same point just before you, without lieing.
    In fact I bet you had to google Mary Jo just to see what I was talking about because there is no way you sould spell
    The name of the river on your own!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Rangel found guilty of violating 11 House rules

Possible punishments include a House vote deploring Rangel's conduct, a fine and denial of privileges.

Rangel, your a bad boy, now go stand in the corner for a time out

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    7:50 p.m.: The head of the Secret Service office in McAllen, Texas, calls the Kenedy County sheriff to report the accident. The sheriff asks to speak to Cheney, and they schedule an interview for 9 a.m. Sunday. At the White House, presidential aide Karl Rove tells Bush that Cheney was the shooter, after talking to ranch owner Katharine Armstrong.

You shoot someone on Saturday afternoon, then see if you can "schedule an interview" with law enforcement the next morning.

ROTFLMFAO
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)