The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Rangel

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You shoot someone on Saturday afternoon, then see if you can "schedule an interview" with law enforcement the next morning.

    ROTFLMFAO
    big difference in an intentional shooting and an accident.

    and if there was sooooooo much wrongdoing, why was there no congressional inquiry? because they knew there was no fire either.

    you guys will never get over your hatred. but thats ok, i will never like The Apologist either. but at least i have a valid reason.....

  2. #12
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Cheney and Teddy have been discussed plenty; let's leave them out and keep to the topic at hand: Rangel. Does no one else see the irony of this arrogant, deceitful CRIMINAL getting re-elected and acting like he's done nothing wrong? And playing the race card if anyone dare hints otherwise? Rangel is a poster child for smug assurance that Congressional office is a get out of jail free card for breaking laws. He needs to be removed from office by his peers and locked up with the poor and downtrodden he champions.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  3. #13
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,585

    Default

    was it ever reported if the guys got their limit on birds......
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #14
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Changing somebody quoted text, is telling a lie. Notice how I made the same point just before you, without lieing.
    In fact I bet you had to google Mary Jo just to see what I was talking about because there is no way you sould spell
    The name of the river on your own!


    .

    Ken, I agree with you about Kennedy. I don't think there's a prison large enough to hold all the politicians (from both parties) that should be behind bars!

    Didn't catch the other comment you refer to. I quit reading them a while ago.
    I have 6 and 8 year olds at home that I get enough of that from.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #15
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Before crying foul on tolerance of criminal behavior, it makes sense to look at the charges involved. Unlike prior such hearings, Rangel was not being charged with corruption, tax evasion or any other violation of the law. He was charged with violating House rules in connection with fund raising for a school of public policy created and named after him at City College in NYC. The actions he took were similar to those taken by Bush, Cheney, Clinton, and their various predecessors in setting up presidential libraries. Rangel was specifically charged with using official stationery and franking privileges to solicit funds for the school, and soliciting contributions for the school from lobbyists. The other charges against him were for incomplete information in his congressional financial disclosure forms (not his tax returns) and for failure to conform with NYC rules concerning use of rent controlled apartments. That too is not a crime. Rather, it simply provides the landlord with an opportunity to evict the tenant without violating NYC laws. Committee staff noted specifically that they found no evidence of corruption or personal gain in anything done. What they did find was evidence of sloppy record keeping and violations of house rules on fund raising. If you or I did the things he did, using company stationery and postage meters to mail out letters, we would not be arrested and we would not be censured, because no laws were broken. If Rangel were expelled for such behavior, it would represent a complete departure from any action with respect to any member off congress in the past.

  6. #16
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    big difference in an intentional shooting and an accident.

    ..
    Shooting someone under the influence of alcohol is not viewed as an "accident" in the eyes of the law, nor mine.

    Its such typical behavior for sheriffs, wherupon hearing of an accidental shooting, to tell people, "hey, get back with us tomorrow".

    If you fail to see that, OR you think gunplay after drinking is ok, then there's really no point discussing this further. But for grins, I can't wait to hear what you say!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Before crying foul on tolerance of criminal behavior, it makes sense to look at the charges involved. Unlike prior such hearings, Rangel was not being charged with corruption, tax evasion or any other violation of the law. He was charged with violating House rules in connection with fund raising for a school of public policy created and named after him at City College in NYC. The actions he took were similar to those taken by Bush, Cheney, Clinton, and their various predecessors in setting up presidential libraries. Rangel was specifically charged with using official stationery and franking privileges to solicit funds for the school, and soliciting contributions for the school from lobbyists. The other charges against him were for incomplete information in his congressional financial disclosure forms (not his tax returns) and for failure to conform with NYC rules concerning use of rent controlled apartments. That too is not a crime. Rather, it simply provides the landlord with an opportunity to evict the tenant without violating NYC laws. Committee staff noted specifically that they found no evidence of corruption or personal gain in anything done. What they did find was evidence of sloppy record keeping and violations of house rules on fund raising. If you or I did the things he did, using company stationery and postage meters to mail out letters, we would not be arrested and we would not be censured, because no laws were broken. If Rangel were expelled for such behavior, it would represent a complete departure from any action with respect to any member off congress in the past.
    When was Rangel president???



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    BTW--Genius:

    http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11...Clink4%7C25713

    The Congressional commitee forgot to ask your advice first!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    If Rangle is dismissed from the House, the ultimate penalty, his seat will be vacant and he can run again. Chances are, he'd be re-elected.

    Unless there is a clear violation of tax law, I'm going to move on.

    Eric

  10. #20
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    The other charges against him were for incomplete information in his congressional financial disclosure forms (not his tax returns) and for failure to conform with NYC rules concerning use of rent controlled apartments. That too is not a crime. Rather, it simply provides the landlord with an opportunity to evict the tenant without violating NYC laws. Committee staff noted specifically that they found no evidence of corruption or personal gain in anything done. What they did find was evidence of sloppy record keeping and violations of house rules on fund raising.
    Using the apartments to live in ... would seem to be personal gain; although the only apartment the committee took issue with was the one (as I understand it) that committee addressed was the one used for his campaign office.

    One can make a case for him not getting "personal gain" for the charity he was soliciting money for ... depending on what activities that charity ends up participating in.

    And all that cash in the freezer? Certainly, I'd expect large sums of cash legally acquired would be safer in a bank? Nobody seems to be taking about that anymore.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 11-16-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •